ID:192283

These two languages are really simple. I like MMF better because you dont have to code anything really. All you gotta code in is the Author, Title stuff. the rest is just click and drag.

Qbasic is neat because it comes with lots os tools for Online RPG's, 2D Side Scroll's, and 3D Shooter. I was thinking of making Abuse 2: The Sequal once Chris confirms the OK

NEwayz, which computer programming language do you like?
(You as in, everyone.)
I have had nothing but trouble from clickteam, do not use it!
In response to JordanUl
yea and thats you, not me. I use it, I will continue to use it
Qbasic? Dude, that's old school. No way youre that old. Only I am that old. Well, now it's all about Java anyway.
In response to Branks
Did you or did you not ask my opinion?
In response to JordanUl
I didnt ask for your oppinion, I asked what programming language you liked, duh
In response to Swordsman Zion
C++, VB, C, and Java (learning it.)
In response to Nadrew
C++ is older then you are my friend. it's old school too just like Qbasic. Java is the new programming language...
Whats your point ?

you trying to say "out with the old, in with the new"?
In response to Branks
basically. you see, java is a better programming language then c++. it's no use to learn that language anymore.
Swordsman Zion wrote:
basically. you see, java is a better programming language
then c++. it's no use to learn that language anymore.

Yes, but still extremely useful since it is more-or-less standardized... Java still has some growing pains to go through if only Sun would get off its butt and do it! But, yes, Java is excellent for true OOP.

My preference is PHP now because it can be used online *and* offine (PHP-gtk) for application development...
In response to digitalmouse
digitalmouse wrote:
My preference is PHP now because it can be used online *and* offine (PHP-gtk) for application development...

Oooh!!! WHERE?!
In response to Nadrew
no double posting, if it happends again, I will be forced to annihalate j00
In response to Branks
What are you talking about?
Swordsman Zion wrote:
basically. you see, java is a better programming language then c++. it's no use to learn that language anymore.

Unless you consider the fact that C++ can be used to make applications that, I don't know, what's that word that people use to describe something that functions? Oh, yeah... work! C++ can be used to make applications that work!

If the software I'm forced to use at my job, designed and engineered by professional programmers, is any indication... java applications suck major ass, and not in a good way. All the java-based applications I've seen that were anything more than a gimmick, novelty, or toy were some combination of buggy and laggy, and the ones that were windows-based looked like they were a reasonable approximation of a windows application that was programmed by someone who had windows standard operating specs described to them once, but had never actually seen windows in action.

A lot of this is probably the fault of the individual software designers, but it's been this way at the last two jobs I've held, so I'm guessing there's something integral to the language that's at least contributing.

If anyone who's actually proficient with Java wants to debunk my viewpoint, feel free... but Swordsman Zion's "Java is the new thing" thing is nothing more than what we've been hearing ever since before Java was an applet in Sun's eye.

"Java's going to change everything. Java's going to change the way we interact with computers, and the way computers interact with each other. Java will usher in a new age of peace and enlightenment, in which the lion will lay down with the lamb and the races of man will be reunited under a golden rule." Well, it fancied up the internet a bit... but then it kind of stopped.
In response to Lesbian Assassin
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
Unless you consider the fact that C++ can be used
to make applications that, I don't know, what's
that word that people use to describe something
that functions? Oh, yeah... work! C++ can be used
to make applications that work!

Gotta defend Zion here - Java, as with any other programming language (even DM), is only as good as the programmer who uses it. Many poor Java applications I have seen were developed by guys who were use to coding in C, C++, or VB. Therefore they tried to apply programming concepts to Java that just do not work because Java approaches programming from a very different paradigm - a concise concept of Object-Oriented-Design and -Programming that C++ can partially mimic, much less implement cleanly.

The better Java programs I have seen were done by people whose minds were not already locked into the way C and C++ likes to do things. For clean code, true OOP development, and decent rapid-prototyping *without* too much overhead (unless you start wanting to use non-standard java class libraries - then you might have some trouble), Java can do the job if done right. A historically hard-core C/C++ guy will not necessarily write good Java code...

Each language has its pros and cons. Something will replace them all eventually...
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
digitalmouse wrote:
My preference is PHP now because it can be used
online *and* offine (PHP-gtk) for application
development...

Oooh!!! WHERE?!

Try http://gtk.php.net/ for the home site, and http://gtk.miester.org/ for a decent set of HowTos and tutorials... these are the places where I cut my teeth on PHP-GTK...
Swordsman Zion wrote:

Well, actually, C is even older than C++, yet 3/4ths of programming companies use C. As for Java, it was designed for web development.
In response to Drafonis
Drafonis wrote:
As for Java, it was designed for web development.

Regarding Java-applets that is true, but Java was also desinged from the ground up to take advantage of OOP concepts to help cut down application development time...
In response to Branks
I told you. duh.
Page: 1 2