ID:2091154

I know a lot of you wake up every morning and sign onto BYOND because you want to soak up my correct opinions on everything after realizing your opinion on things is wrong. I'm fine with being your source of knowledge and wisdom. Come, my children. Drink from my chalice and be forever enlightened.

The best way to describe Overwatch is "TF2 on crack". You know how some chicks have a twin, and when you look at them side by side, one of them is clearly more enticing than the other? That's what Overwatch is next to Paladins. The hotter twin sister. It's better in every regard. Paladins just needs to call it quits at this point, they can't compete on this level at the moment. Maybe next year.

One of the main differences in Overwatch and TF2 is that you get OPTIONS. In TF2, if you want to run around real fast and shit, you pick Scout. If you want to have a bunch of mobility in Overwatch, you pick Tracer... or Genji... or Soldier 76... or Mercy... or D.VA... or Lucio... there isn't just ONE hero in the game that does a particular thing. You can be fast with burst damage, or fast and tanky, or fast and pump out heals and damage buffs to your team, so whatever your desired play style is, chances are, there's a hero for you in the game. I like to run around and get superior positioning on my opponents, and Overwatch has that. I can choose Widowmaker for her amazing butt ability to grappling hook onto a building and then scope plebs. Or I can go Hanzo, who can't grapple hook, but can simply climb up walls and onto roofs and fire arrows that reveal the enemy team's position. And then I can pick D.VA who pilots a mech, fly up to high ground to confront the enemy sniper face to face and blow their head off. Bear in mind, Widowmaker, Hanzo, and D.VA fall under different classes.

Widow is an "offense" hero, Hanzo is a "defense" hero and D.VA is a "tank" hero. The fact that I can switch classes and still do what I want to do is awesome, and is a concept that took Riot's retarded asses several years to figure out. Since season 3 I had wanted to play an ADC in the jungle because I like jungling and I like pew pewing, and I didn't get my wish until Kindred came out last year because it took them until 2015 to come to the conclusion that maybe people want same play styles, just in different roles. Why do you think Dota 2 has a few carries in the INT pool ( which is mostly dominated by supports ) or supports in the AGI pool ( mostly dominated by carries )? It's not rocket science, boys.

Another thing that really makes Overwatch a solid game is how "complete" the heroes feel. I remember when Riot released Yasuo, which was one of the only things they've ever done right with the game. I played him and was caught off guard by how fulfilling that champion was. You dash around attacking enemies, deflecting their projectiles with your wind wall, knocking them up with your tornado, slicing and dicing them in mid-air before you slam them back onto the ground and finish them off with your auto attacks which are guaranteed crits. THAT is good champion design. It just feels substantial when you do things with Yasuo. Compare that to someone like Annie, who can literally be summed up like so: "walk into lane, nuke the wave a few times to get your stun, press R, win lane". Sure, Annie is powerful and can wreck entire team fights with one button, but THAT'S EXTREMELY BORING. I don't want to press 1 button and win the game, I want to feel like I had to work for it.

D. VA is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. You shoot your short ranged cannon attacks at people, then activate your Boosters which lets you chase them down as they attempt to escape ( you can even fly in the air with it to mow down people who escaped to the top of a building ), you have a shield you can activate to block damage you think you're about to take, and once that wears off and you're in a sticky situation, you use your ultimate which ejects you from the mech suit and causes it to self destruct. Then you run like a bat out of hell because you can die from the explosion as well, using a medium range pistol in the meantime to fight off anyone trying to chase you, and after the suit blows up killing the people that were surrounding you, you call down a new mech suit in front of you, jump into it, and do it all over again. IT'S. SO. SATISFYING.

There's no pay to unlock heroes, everything is there. There's no pay for skins ( unless you want to ). I already have a D. VA skin just after playing 4 matches, the game just gives you loot boxes from leveling. So far there's less shit talking, probably because everyone is too busy having fun to stop and observe how bad their teammates are. There's a practice mode where you can try every hero and see how they play before going into an actual match. I was able to test each hero in the game, understand their abilities and get a feel for how to play them which took like 30-40 minutes. Games end quickly, you don't have to worry about getting spawn killed for 20 minutes after the enemy team has already secured the victory ( in comparison to Dota 2 where you can be 30 kills behind and missing two lanes of barracks and have Pudge hooking you out of the spawn to kill you an extra 5 or 6 times before ending the game because Valve doesn't think a surrender button is necessary ).

I'm trying to find something to complain about and I just can't. I mean other than the fact that your teammates usually ignore the "Your team needs a tank", "Your team needs a support" prompts the game gives you on hero selection screen ( which isn't going to be a big deal until they add ranked mode anyway ), I don't have anything bad to say about Overwatch. The game has succeeded in being fun, full of personality and good presentation, based on skill and teamwork instead of just one person picking a FOTM hero, getting "fed" off an inexperienced player and single-handedly winning the game for his team. This is the first game by Blizzard I'm struggling to find something wrong with. WoW is a 5/10, I could only stomach Diablo 3 for the first 20 minutes before uninstalling, Hearthstone was fun at first until constructed was overrun by hundreds of kiddies running the exact same decks they all found off Google, HotS is the laughing stock of MOBAs at this point as more people watch Vainglory ( which is a MOBA on Android and iOS devices ) videos than HotS, couldn't get into Starcraft 2 despite the fact I have high APM, I typically don't enjoy mashing the shit out of my keyboard and mouse at lightning speeds, but Overwatch...

It's good man.
Overwatch feels like it was made for losers.

Everytime you press a mouse button the screen gives you a "WOW YOU'RE GOOD +1 ELIMINATION" message (eliminations aren't kills). A bunch of abilities in the game are autoaim, and even more are 1 shot kills so the bad people feel like they can kill people every now and then.
And then when the game ends, you're given like 30 golden medals, told you're special and someone loves you and you see a bunch of stats stating how amazing you are (even though they mean nothing because you cannot compare them to other players).
Being treated like I'm some kind of special ed kid all the time is kind of annoying.

Also it doesn't have enough content, gets boring in a few hours. The maps it has are some of the worst designed maps in any FPS game I've ever seen too.
That's a good thing.

It seems like those elimination messages are there to make you feel better, but they actually do the exact opposite. As you pointed out, those eliminations are easy to get, so it actually puts LESS emphasis on the killing aspect of the game ( because anyone can get a bunch of eliminations ) and more on the parts you SHOULD be focusing on, which is being a team player and getting objectives. I enjoy the fact that eliminations are just thrown at me, because after a while, you stop caring about eliminations and it's kind of a reminder that you're playing a strategy game. Then what you feel good about is keeping a teammate alive, or taking out a pesky turret that's making it hard to push through a choke point. I'm past the whole "YOLO, GET PENTA KILLS ALL DAY" play style. The damn Dota 2 and League mindset of "I'm the only person on this team that matters, give me mid or I feed, I must carry the world on my back, I will hoard all the resources and experience to myself, fuck everybody else" bullshit.

I don't even look at my KDA or those gold medals. I can't tell you what my "score" was last game even though it was just played an hour and a half ago. I don't care. I play the games to cooperate, be strategic, and win. When my teammates lock in Tracer, Reaper, and Soldier 76, I'm that one guy who's like "Well, I really wanted to play Widowmaker but we kinda need some other roles here." I don't always have to get the "killing blow". I've been to HoN and gotten annihilations with Scout, I've been to League of Legends and got penta kills with Fizz, I've been to Dota 2 and got rampages with Spectre. I don't need to prove to myself any further that I'm good at getting kills in games. I just want have a good back and forth game, with fun heroes, and see "Victory" printed across the screen when the match concludes. I would actually like the game less if they took the elimination thing out and more people started obsessing over KDA. I haven't seen a single person complain about getting "KSed" so far, and that's the way it needs to stay.
Widow is an "offense" hero

Game says she's a defense hero :P.

Edit: ET play overwatch with meee.
In response to Ghost of ET
Ghost of ET wrote:
Widow is an "offense" hero

Game says she's a defense hero :P.

Edit: ET play overwatch with meee.

Yeah I was getting her mixed up with Reaper. He's got the teleport thing where he can appear in front of multiple enemies and spin2win Katarina style.
Reaper #2 most annoying hero.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Sounds like the mindset of a drone who believes anything he's told. You should probably learn to think for yourself m8

PS. Overwatch is the least strategic arena FPS game I've played. You just run in and press your pentakill button every minute or two. Which is literally what every single play of the game in every game I've played is.
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
Sounds like the mindset of a drone who believes anything he's told. You should probably learn to think for yourself m8

PS. Overwatch is the least strategic arena FPS game I've played. You just run in and press your pentakill button every minute or two. Which is literally what every single play of the game in every game I've played is.

Just got play of the game a few minutes ago. Played as Bastion, sat in the corner of the objective point behind Reinhart and mowed the plebs down as they charged into the room. I actually never used his ultimate at any point in the game.

What say you now?
inb4 TMM gets pager banned.
In response to GreatPirateEra
GreatPirateEra wrote:
inb4 TMM gets pager banned.

yut put has so many people pager banned when he logs onto byond he only sees 2 or 3 threads.
You're playing Bastion. All you got to do is look in the general direction of people and they die.
The Magic Man wrote:
You're playing Bastion. All you got to do is look in the general direction of people and they die.

Until someone with a brain picks Genji and reflects them back into my face.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Until someone with a brain

You say that like it's common for an Overwatch player.
OH MY GOD, I WAS JUST CASUALLY LOOKING AT MEI'S ANIMATIONS AND NOTICED THIS

AND PEOPLE WERE COMPLAINING ABOUT TRACER'S BUTT? HER CHEEKS LOOK LIKE TWO WATERMELONS! REALLY?

Yut Put wrote:
its like you form all of your opinions by just going out of your way to think the opposite of everyone else

This is interesting, because you shield all your opinions and thoughts from even the slightest difference by blocking every god damned person on the forums.
LOOOOOOOOOL!!!!
She's perceived as "fat" by the SJWs. So they can relate to her.
Overwatch is garbage instant gratification game.

Press button, flashy thing happens, you get points. U da bess xd
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
Overwatch is garbage instant gratification game.

Press button, flashy thing happens, you get points. U da bess xd

Waiting for you to make something more innovative :).
In response to NetherGames
Page: 1 2 3 ... 5 6 7