ID:21488

Anyone have it?
I've been trying to contact you on MSN for a long time
try tomorrow
enjoy your AIDS
I'm unsure of whether or not I should get it. It installs spyware onto your computer.
Darke: It doesn't install spyware. It is poor wording in the TOS that makes it seem that way. What it does is keep track of when people look at the billboards in the game and keep the billboards up to date with new ads. I have been playing it for 3 days and haven't even noticed the billboards of which they speak. Most of the outcry from the public is unfounded and are just people crying wolf because it involves ads.

It is a very fun game so far. In the past 3 days I have logged over 7 hours. I already have all the Special Ops unlocks and have everything except for the gun in the medic path, but I am just 100 points shy of getting that(2-3 rounds for me).
Ah, okay. Heh, this isn't the first time when billboards were used for in-game advertising. They did it in MxO too. =p

http://www.techpowerup.com/?18764
Meh.
I think the difference is that this time they actually pay attention to how much people look at it. The game reports the time you spent looking at the ad back to the ad company that is controlling it. Not much difference than banner ads in a website.
I LOVE the game. It's awesome.
Tiko, if you want to add me to your in-game buddy list, I go by Blind_Sniper.

I like 2142 because the gameplay is well balanced and the "future" setting gives the game the ability to go beyond current technology limitations. At the same time, they did a good job of keeping everything realistic in an unrealistic world. Sure, mechs are walking around killing people, but walking off a cliff of about 4 feet or more will cause great damage to your mech (As you would expect from a 40 ton piece of metal).

Yesterday, me and one of my friends were playing. We were held up in the corridor of our Titan stopping the enemy from blowing up the last control panel needed gain entry to our reactor. I was a medic, he was Recon(Special Ops Path) and we had two supply with us. Between us 4, we held off the corridor for around 20 minutes, which lead to our win. We were mowing down, on average, about 40 people a minute. There were so many of the enemy coming at us in there that the rest of our team was able to take all of the points, kill the enemy Titan shield, break all 4 of the consoles, and blow up the core. Oh man that was fun. It just goes to show you, a good team beats a lone wolf every time.

That was so much fun. I honestly can't remember the last time I had so much fun playing a game, and doing little more than healing/reviving people at that!
Actually it did have an issue that made it possible for people to compromise your computer,luckily they patched it