In response to Jamesburrow
That's not the point, the point is most forums have the number of posts written somewhere around the post.
Or, they could just have it automatically add "-Strawgate" to the end of your messege... instead of strawgate put your name!

like this
-Strawgate
In response to Hedgemistress
I don't have any hostility towards said signitures, I just see them as pretty pointless.

Features should only be added to software if it's going to improve said software. I don't see how signitures will contribute or improve anything. Who would even want to read it?
In response to Elation
Those who also would be curious about sigs. I often find myself looking at a person's signature thing more than once if I find it interesting in some way. Just because it may seem pointless doesn't mean others can't find them amusing.
In response to Elation
Who would even want to read it?

That's an interesting question. Are we to assume that the people who spoke up in favor of signatures don't want to read them? Are we to assume that the vast majority of forum users spread throughout the internet who have taken advantage of signature features think they're pointless?

Most of the time, when somebody says "Who cares?", or "Nobody cares!", or some variation on this theme... the mere fact that they have to say this to the person(s) they're conversing with is proof that they're wrong.

I can't really see a signature system for members taking up much resources compared to having full-blown blogs for members. :P
In response to Hedgemistress
Hedgemistress wrote:
I can't really see a signature system for members taking up much resources compared to having full-blown blogs for members. :P

The main difference is that I got obsessed about blogs, so I wrote one...you'll just have to get one of us obsessed about signatures!
In response to Deadron
I;m alright with it as long as its not picture sigs
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Augh. The last thing I want is custom forum sigs to start appearing all over. They're rather annoying and don't really serve much purpose.

heh, well then. You could the disable image html tags in it. =P

O-matic
I've never really been one for signatures, as they are mostly useless things stuck to the end of the post no one cares about.

What is the obsession with tacking one's name to the end of a post anyways? You're not writing a letter.
In response to Elation
"Features should only be added to software if it's going to improve said software."
Did the forum avatars improve the BYOND software? No. It just made things more interesting, which is the whole point of signatures. I normally read signatures, and I'm sure alot of people do. Once you've seen them repeatedly, it may get boring, but, all in all, will the signatures really hurt anything if the people who don't want to see them can have a preference to hide them?
Page: 1 2