ID:274830

Lately, I've been thinking that I really ought to start one of those vicious, unfounded rumors that everyone blindly spreads through word of mouth, and in this age of technological miracles, e-mail. You know, like the one about how Madelyn Murray O'Hare is reaching out from beyond the grave to cancel Touched By An Angel, or the one about the poor dying boy in Edinburgh who wants you to send him postcards. Lye in the pretzels. Plutonium residue in Mountain Dew. That kind of thing.

If I still worked at a job where I had intraoffice office e-mail, I would have the perfect insertion point, because those kinds of things can get forwarded from a single person to a couple thousand from a good-sized office in the course of the day. Regrettably, I don't, and being basically antisocial, I don't belong to any large e-mail lists or even have a lot of people in my address book that I could forward this to. That, and the only one I can think up is a little bit too evil for my tastes. Still and all, I consider it a work of art, and cannot bear to let it languish unheard in the dark recesses of my mind.

So, I've decided to make my hoax public domain. I will not spread it myself, but you are welcome to... thus, I leave it up to the conscience of the general BYOND forum-dwellers whether or not it gets spread. If someone's got to come up with a class project for social studies, spreading this and charting its spread might make for an interesting idea.

Anyway, here it is:

The flags outside the FBI headquarters were already flying at half-mast on the morning of September 11th, before either plane hit.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Condemnations?
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
The flags outside the FBI headquarters were already flying at half-mast on the morning of September 11th, before either plane hit.

Comments? Questions? Suggestions? Condemnations?

Comment: I'm surprised that hasn't already been reported, right next to other stories claiming the Jews really hijacked those planes. Every other lie about the incident has already spewed forth; it should be interesting to see how long it takes this one to be accepted fact in certain parts of the world.

Lummox JR
Hmm! That's make a nice fit on this page:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/rumors.htm
In response to Lummox JR
*And its excepted in... 3,2,1 HOAX ACCEPTED
In response to Gughunter
It would, pretty interesting reading there.
In response to Gughunter
My favourite was:

Tonight at 7:00, all women should run out of their house naked to help weed out the terrorists. The United States appreciates your efforts, and applauds you. God bless America.

Yeah! God bless America! Woo!
In response to Spuzzum
Lol, unfortunately I don't believe any women will be serving their country.
In response to Spuzzum
it wouldn't weed out terrorists... it would weed out perverts and rapists...
In response to Eagle Madigan
Eagle Madigan wrote:
it wouldn't weed out terrorists... it would weed out perverts and rapists...

On second thought, I think I'll stay in tomorrow night...Lol, just kidding.
I think the hysteria has died down too much, and too many similar rumors have been spread, for this one to have much of an impact. I think you should shoot for some new, fresh fear people didn't even know they had.

Oh hey, remember that study showing a correlation between index/ring finger length and lesbianism that led to the rumor that if your index finger was as long as your ring finger, you were a lesbian, or something? You could say, like, there was a study done showing that if your nipples are equal in diameter, you're gay, or something, uh, you know.

Z
In response to Zilal
Thats nothing. The past two days, I IMed/Paged everybody and told them that my girlfriend died. And Eventually, I told them how...

I said "Well....we were making....love....and.....well..... the intensity was too much......and the sonic waves killed her :( "

Muahahhahahahaha!!!
In response to Sariat
Oh yeah, and a month ago... I told everybody that Darkness got runned over and got his leg amputated. It was mostly to see if Ebonshadow was actually on his pager, lol.
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
[snip]
[snip]

I thought I heard something like this already. Was that for an earlier crisis?
In response to Sariat
That's why I sidestepped that one. If it were a lie, I was showing judgement by not responding, and if it were the truth, I was demonstrating that I'm speechless. Either way doesn't make me look too bad. =P
In response to Zilal
Woohoo, I'm a lesbian!

(I'd say some quotes from a South Park episode, but they're too "mature" for the forum. =P)