ID:275336

Oh sweet holy jesus mother christ jesus h christ! Has anyone else heard about this? It's due next summer in Japan....i feel like a little boy mamma...a cold little boy...
Haha it actually looks pretty stupid to me. FF7 is one of my favorite games but thats because it's a good game, I'm not a fanboy or anything. I guess this thing is just for the many many fanboys out there. I will admit that the CGs do look really good but I wouldn't really wanna waste my time watching a movie about what happened after FF7 since the FF7 story was never that great in the first place, it wasn't bad it was just pretty average.
Woaho, a FFVII sequal?

Or wait - a movie?!

I'm blurry on this: The website says "won't appear on the PS2, but on DVD" ?

So, then it's a movie? Cool. I don't think any game could do FFVII justice as a sequal,...

~Kujila
Oh sweet holy jesus mother christ jesus h christ! Has anyone else heard about this? It's due next summer in Japan....i feel like a little boy mamma...a cold little boy...

They are finally advertising their game... err movie for what it is! I looked at some of the pictures and with better CG the disproportions of Cloud's oversized weapon are more apparent. If he could actually swing that weapon the force of the swing would probably rip Cloud's scrawy arm off if it didn't send him heaving into the air.
SWEET! That is one of the greatest games of all time, I was complaining how Square stopped making movies yesterday, great news. Thanks, Anarchy Robot.
Dont square just love conning the money out of us with their games with the same annoying battle system every game they make?
In response to Mrhat99au
Dont square just love conning the money out of us with their games with the same annoying battle system every game they make?

First of all the pet rock sold, people manage to sell MMORPG items for large amounts of money, and ciggerettes make buisiness despite being nasty and there is the fact that chaces are it will give you a slow hacking painful death over time. People will buy anything if you present it to them in the right way at the right time. These two things are critical and if you fail at either of them(even though timing is somewhat hard to predict) your product can fail miserabley. Squaresoft manages to pull both these things well off and is probably why they are doing so well.

As for the combat system, I would hardly call it annoying since most combat in the FF games past the NES you could win most if not all non-boss fights simply by holding the "accept" button, unless you made a large attempt to avoid all combat. If you fight every battle you run into while heading directly to your goal in the newer FFs you'll probably have no problems. The boss fights just tend to be keep your health above the damage the boss can do in one round otherwise attack with the bosses's weakness which isn't as trivial as the standard encounter but is by no means challanging. This is simple to the point of having no annoyance and frustration at the cost of any sort of real challange which is usually something I want in a game in atleast small quantities, but there is little to no random chance of losing this way in a trivial battle.

Battle is annoying(but generally fun and challanging :)) in The Temple of Elemental Evil since a few bad rolls can devistate you forcing you to reload and try again(or start from the beggining if you're playing Iron Man mode :P). Of course good stratagy will help overcome most bad luck. Unlike the FF series there are few battles that are trivial, unless you run into a simple random encounter which has only happined to me a few times I've played the game, generally the odds are stacked against your survival. So if you ever attempt to just use a stream of standard attacks you will lose badly, even in some of the easier fights. This is what makes the game and combat much more entertaining than any Squaresoft game I've played, but at some times it is annoying such as when my Fighter needs to only roll above a 5 on a 20 sided dice to hit a monster but misses two to three times in a row :P.
In response to Mrhat99au
Mrhat99au wrote:

Square-Enix has to make the "best sellers" to survive in the modern gaming world. Take Squaresoft back to it's prime however and it's an entirely differnt thing.
They got to the top doing crazy and new things, but nowdays they can't risk messing up.
Also, a sequal to FFVII has been demanded for a long time, so at least they are trying to do what the fans want.
In response to DarkView
They got to the top doing crazy and new things, but nowdays they can't risk messing up.

And have pretty much stayed there by doing the same thing over and over again. And as shown by the general dislike of FF8 if they do too much different it hurts them.

Also, a sequal to FFVII has been demanded for a long time, so at least they are trying to do what the fans want.

As one of my game project instructors pointed out you shouldn't try to accomidate the voice of the crowd as the voice of the crowd tends to be the loudest group which doesn't always(many cases in fact) represent the majority of your fan base. But that doesn't mean they couldn't be possible good ideas, but you should only take it lightly and definantly not skimp out on what has proven to be successful in the past.
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
SWEET! That is one of the greatest games of all time, I was complaining how Square stopped making movies yesterday, great news. Thanks, Anarchy Robot.

Square only made one movie... there's not much to "stop" there. But they have continued doing animation--they were responsible for some of the Animatrix, I believe.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
It was, however, one elite movie!
In response to Maz
well, you square haters can sit down and listen...oh calm down i dont have much to say :p. Everytime i play an FF series game (which i always will) i dont find that its non-entertaining to fight the battles, infact in FF10 its the thing i loved to do. You can't just hold the accept button and watch things flair, you have to study what your doing (not in the lower games..really) and since the FF series is about a fantasy everything isn't based around fighting...its based around where your too next..how your going to get there..and whats going to try to stop you, plus new items/weapons/armor!! hooray!

P.S: sorry for the bad grammar, broad examples, and spelling errors (*If any*)...i just woke up -.-;
In response to DarkView
It's not a game it's a 60 minute MOVIE!!!
In response to Theodis
HEY EVERYONE! IT'S NOT A NEW GAME! IT'S ACTUALLY A MOVIE THATS AFTER FFVII!!! HOW COOL!!!
In response to AbyssDragon
"Square" never made movies, "Square Pictures" made ff the spirits within, which was a square creation. but guess what? the movie sucked and square pictures went bankrupt so they had to make ffx-2 and stuff like that. but this will be so so cool i can't wait til next year when it comes out in japan. whos going to japan with me?
In response to Tokabol
Average? Do you have any idea how much genius went into making that storyline? What kind of an idiot are you. Did you even know how much work went into it? For instance, Sephiroth is a path on the tree of life in the hebrew religion, and there are nine paths with one hidden path. In the game there are nine main characters (cloud, barret, tifa, aeris, caitsith, red xiii, cid, vincent, yuffie) and one "hidden one" sephiroth. There is so many complicated stuff that for you to call the storyline "average" is a slap in the face to everyone who spent years developing the most complicated and in depth video game story ever created. You ignorance is so apparent that it makes me wonder if you even played the game at all.

Read this and learn just how big of an ignorant and stupid pig you are for calling ff7 anything short of genius.

http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/zforce6455/lit/ff7.html
In response to Anarchy Robot
Your opinion is greatly biased. A story line is only good if you like it, if not its not good. It doesn't matter how in-depth it goes, how long it took to write, how many times it relates to real world ideas, its only good if you like it, end of story.
In response to Jotdaniel
no, everyone who doesnt like it should be shot, end of story. <~~~ period
In response to Karasu Kami
Everyone who says that "everyone who (whatever) should be shot", should be shot. Because that's a STUPID world view. =P
In response to Crispy
Everyone who says that "everyone who (whatever) should be shot", should be shot. Because that's a STUPID world view. =P

heh Better get started with yourself then :).
Page: 1 2 3