ID:275433

My computer crashed and I'm stuck with ugly Win2k. But I tried to download kazaa lite and you have to pay for it now. Does anyone know where to get a free one, I need to download some music.
It really isn't worth the trouble. You could spend five minutes searching around for an old version of Kazaa Lite and get the last free release version, but ultimately it will become useless since they are redoing everything internally on the real Kazaa networks or something.
So in short, old versions of Kazaa Lite are going to stop working eventually anyway.
Sticky_Chronic wrote:
My computer crashed and I'm stuck with ugly Win2k. But I tried to download kazaa lite and you have to pay for it now. Does anyone know where to get a free one, I need to download some music.

You dont have to pay for it. There are free versions of it, i could email it to you if you wanted, but there are lots of cheap imitations on the net, so watch out.

In response to DarkView
New versions of Kazaa Lite are actually in the making, so are modifications, so it's doubtful that it will just "die out".
In response to Kusanagi
I had the same problem when I formatted my drive. I can e-mail it to you also if you like. Just give me an e-mail at [email protected], and I'll send it on over.
In response to Stealth 2k
Nah I found one, but thanks anyways.
Anyone else find the irony in someone asking for a link to a program specifically designed to steal intellectual property on a forum filled with people who aspire to get a job which will produce nothing but said intellectual property?
In response to Garthor
Intellectual property? What's that? I know of copyrights, patents, and trade secrets, but not of this "intellectual property".
In response to Jon88
In response to Garthor
That site's garbage anyways.
In response to Jon88
Google does not agree with you.
In response to Garthor
http://www.google-watch.org

And you believe *everything* Google tells you?
In response to Jon88
That website is a bunch of bullcrap. I'd explain why, but I really didn't feel like reading all of it. I read those "nine reasons why we hate google" and they were all stupid, stupid, stupid.
The entire Kazaa Family is Bugged. Doesn't matter which one you pick, lite has less advertisements but just as much spyware. Even if you dig through your registry every night and delete all of the crap Kazaa puts in your computer, The core programing of the K' family is so crappy and unstable that eventually You'll have problems, it's Inevidible(sp). Only if your some comp genius and/or a person who designed Kazaa will you ever be completely safe from it and it's Doom.

Kazaa == EVIL*
Had to wipe my HD twice already cause of it, No more for me.
And no, not because of Viruses, etc. kazaa itself Put spyware components deep into the registry, so even if you delete the F'in spyware, all it's DLL's, and folders, etc etc, it's still got itself in the registry so as soon as you turn the comp on, poof , re-download the spyware right under your nose.
I swear before when i was still using k-lite, didn't matter how many times i deleted the acompanying spyware, it'd come back the next day and be running in the background like the goddamned Energizer Bunny Signed a pack with the devil.

.< *The Previous was a ranting of Kazaa, but nonetheless something you need to know, It will get you.
Resistance is Futile.
In response to Garthor
I don't agree with all of it, but if what it says about their levels of information gathering is true then I'd rather not help them out. So I deleted and blocked all of Google's cookies; I figured it couldn't do any harm (except wiping out the preferences that I don't use anyway), so I might as well. =) There are other ways they can track me, I know, but none as reliable.