ID:2788

In the tradition of Hedgemistress, we'd like to pay for original sounds for LRS. This has the combined purpose of improving the game and helping people out, especially those who want to become BYOND Members.

With that in mind, we'll pay $7.50 for each original sound you provide for the game that we accept. Why that particular amount? Because then two sounds is one BYOND Membership!

We'll pay by PayPal, BYOND Membership (extension if you already have Membership and want it extended), or check.

Here is a list of sounds we're looking for. The nature of the sounds is a suggestion; if you can think of something better, go for it. And if you provide a sound not on the list that we want to use, we'll pay for it.

Remember, we're paying for original sounds here, created by you from scratch or using legitimate and legal source material, and once we've accepted a sound it's ours to use or alter as we will. This is "work for hire". We'll only pay for sounds that we decide to use or might want to use in the future.

Here are the sounds we could use:

- Scream sound for BSOD
- Teleporter sound
- Melt Hallway sound
- Hissing sound for Suppression Gas.
- Overly-dramatic musical notes for Big Bang..."Dun dun dun"
- Improved turn sound for when it's not your turn
- Improved turn sound for when it is your turn
- Humorous Friendly Neurons sound...maybe crowd sound of "awww"
- Some kind of computer consolish sound for GPS Error/Intercept Packets/similar
- Humorous sound for Panic (maybe some kind of squeak?)
- Power Surge sound
- Beam sound for Tractor Beam/Projection Beam
- Rotation sound for Reconfigure Hull
- Smaller rotation sound for Reconfigure Tile
- Patriotic music for Robocracy
- Sucking sound for Siphon Power
- Blow torch sound for Soldering Iron
- Siren sound for Spyware

Please let us know if you are interested!
Deadron, do you have a way I can contact you? I can make some of these for you.
Should have mentioned that...it's [email protected], put the word "BYOND" in the subject.
Thanks. By the way, payment isnt nessesary. And do you have msn messenger? that would be much easier.
Deadron, you realize thats over $100?
I definitely understand the impulse to "shop locally", but if you can't find what you're looking for, I can refer you to some sound licensing sites where you can get individual sound effects (previewed in a staticy or otherwise watermarked form) for around that price or less.
I personally think that the panic noise would be funny as a high pitched: "w00t;w00t,w00t" on a short loop. Damn, I need a microphone so I can do these things myself.
Hey, I just realised I actually do have a microphone - in my MP3 player! It's a pretty bad one, but I can probably remove most of the hissing and crackling with Audacity. =P

I think I'll go try that out now...
I wish my sound worked =( I think my sound card died. *shrugs*
Blurrg, I hope this offer stays open for a while.
I just sent in 3. Hope they are good enough...