ID:28022

Keywords: politics
What does a kid learn from playing with Legos?

Why, that private propery ownership is evil, of course!

At the end of that time, Legos returned to the classroom after the children agreed to several guiding principles framed by the teachers, including that "All structures are public structures" and "All structures will be standard sizes." The teachers quote the children:

"A house is good because it is a community house."

"We should have equal houses. They should be standard sizes."

"It's important to have the same amount of power as other people over your building."

And so the Legos shall lead them unto the promised Communist workers' paradise!
Legos have been corrupted!!!

Sure, the teachers should teach the concept of sharing, but what the hell was that?!

Quotes such as "We should have equal houses. They should be standard sizes." are freaking B.S., and those kids should be pulled out of that private school before they turn into mindless drones.
Jon88, please report to the principle's office for mandatory re-education!
Yeah, don't teach them about constructive cooperation or shared community-building responsibilities. Instead give them authoritarian Soviet-style communism at its worst.

I can just picture the students showing off their Legotown to parents: "Here are some houses, and here's the hopstital, and here's the gulag..."

Then again, maybe it's not such a bad teaching tool. After all, it incorporates teaching about fractions into the Lego exercise: the students get to see the lowest common denominator in action!
Reminds me of "everyone belongs to everyone else" from Brave New World.
Alas... how different in spirit from Reagan's famous "Star Wars" plan: "Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall! We can use the blocks for a kickass Millennium Falcon."
"If there is any hope, it lies in the Legomen."
When I was in primary school we were banned from building guns out of lego.

Personally I think we should have been allowed to build lego guns, just with all the working parts removed.
The irony of *private* school teachers rallying against the "evils" of private property is delicious.

Perhaps next they will burn their paychecks to show their disdain for such concepts?
"The irony of *private* school teachers rallying against the "evils" of private property is delicious."

Exactly what I thought.
You gotta love it when Conservatives pretend to be Liberal.
All the parents with kids who they can't afford to send to private school should show up and assert their communal ownership of the school.

I'd ask if they believe grading students is unfair and that all students should be recognized equally for their contributions...

...but I'm afraid I know the answer.