ID:28115

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?type=mov&id=17558

and you thought sony wasn't going to do anything.

Took them long enough.

Man, I wonder where they got that idea.
From everything else on the Internet? Game consoles certainly didn't start the idea of a centralized portal for information. Hell, seems like gamespy had been doing that for a long time(When online play for consoles was but a dream(cast)).
Wow, i would play that for a little while.

I wonder what the Sims will do to retaliate?

xP
I think I've seen something just like this before...

Oh yeah, it was called 'Second Life.'
Oh my god.

Everything else that has ever been created ever is now obselete. :|

gg...

:|

Hey its free :/
Yorae wrote:
Hey its free :/

I'm still not shelling out $600 for a free less-fun version of 20,000 other things I can play.
yeah its totally free if you buy a $600 game system
Wow, are you guys crazy? That looks great! And really fun too. Better then anything the 360 or wii could dish out.
Knifo wrote:
Wow, are you guys crazy? That looks great! And really fun too. Better then anything the 360 or wii could dish out.

</fanboycomment>
Knifo wrote:

I smell a hint of sarcasm.
Playstation Home seems OK to me, it's basically just Create-A-Mii, XBox Live(Achievements), and Second life combined.

It's not something that's just going to make me run out and go buy a Ps3. I need some good games to play on it first before i can get exicited about something like Home.
Knifo wrote:

Yeah the Wii and 360, both of which have Sims games on their predecessors, couldn't dish out a very simple online avatar system. They're missing Sony's famous tamagotchi chip.

Seriously though I've got nothing against the system but it's not exactly ground breaking or cutting edge. If the competition is willing to just copy the idea they could probably have a superior system out in a couple of months.

Personally I'd rather just wait for EA to bring out an online Sims game. That way it can be multiplatform and hopefully it will have a decent player base. I'm guessing it wont hold the average PS3 owners interest very long, and if it does it'll just end up like the old AOL chatrooms but with Sony ad banners everywhere (not to mention the product placements, I'm sure every Sony product ever made is available to your avatar =P).

The only real upside I can see is if your avatar can be used in other games where you have custom avatars like the Tony Hawk series. If not I'd rather just use a menu to get my demos and avoid the obnoxious kids.

[Heh, I just watched it a second time and paid attention to what the people were saying.]
DarkView wrote:
Knifo wrote:

Yeah the Wii and 360, both of which have Sims games on their predecessors, couldn't dish out a very simple online avatar system. They're missing Sony's famous tamagotchi chip.

Seriously though I've got nothing against the system but it's not exactly ground breaking or cutting edge. If the competition is willing to just copy the idea they could probably have a superior system out in a couple of months.

Personally I'd rather just wait for EA to bring out an online Sims game. That way it can be multiplatform and hopefully it will have a decent player base. I'm guessing it wont hold the average PS3 owners interest very long, and if it does it'll just end up like the old AOL chatrooms but with Sony ad banners everywhere (not to mention the product placements, I'm sure every Sony product ever made is available to your avatar =P).

The only real upside I can see is if your avatar can be used in other games where you have custom avatars like the Tony Hawk series. If not I'd rather just use a menu to get my demos and avoid the obnoxious kids.

[Heh, I just watched it a second time and paid attention to what the people were saying.]

I like the cut of your jib.

I think you underestimate how much potential Home holds though. I mean,it's clear from watching the trailer - this is more than just a sim!

It's going to become a hub for all ps3 owners to meet up and play any other ps3 games! Which is good, otherwise if it just chat and stuff it would be a breeding ground for peadophiles. lol.
Bahamatt wrote:
It's going to become a hub for all ps3 owners to meet up and play any other ps3 games! Which is good, otherwise if it just chat and stuff it would be a breeding ground for peadophiles. lol.

So basically, it's just like sending messages via Xbox Live, only you have an avatar in a room.

Sounds like Phantasy Star Universe.
Bahamatt wrote:
I think you underestimate how much potential Home holds though. I mean,it's clear from watching the trailer - this is more than just a sim!

Well maybe that's where I'm confused. I don't see anything more than a really over complicated chat room in the place of a menu. On XBOX Live you navigate the menus to get what you want. On the Wii you select things through the channel menu.
With this to get a demo you run around a virtual world which will undoubtedly be populated by annoying kids. I'm sure there will be some sort of teleport option so I can just 'jump' to the demo area, so it doesn't really bother me. I'm just not impressed and don't see it as this epic achievement.

I'll admit a big part of me not being impressed is that I know Sony is addicted to product placements. A classic drinking game is watching a music video Sony has played a part in and drinking every time you see a Sony product. You'll be getting your stomach pumped before the song ends.
I know that when this was pitched they would have really played the this is like a Mall where the stores only sell Sony products. Kids will hang out here all day and we have perfect control over everything from the items in their houses to the posters on the walls.
So yeah, even while I want to stay open to the concept I just can't help seeing it as a stealthish attempt to advertise their products in a system that wouldn't normally allow for ads.
Plus, again, Second Life is better.

You can't make a retarded singing batman chase people on PS3 HOME. :)

Plus, no magic guns that shoot out bottles of wine, and no Wheelie Bikes.
NOU.
Personally I don't think you guys are seeing how horrid this really is. - They are basically trying to make you live your life on PS3 online instead of anywhere else, They even made it so you can watch movies you have on your PS3 hard drive on the TV's.. This is the stupidest thing ever.

PS3's new matto:

"Forget your world, Live in ours!"
Page: 1 2