ID:36665

Keywords: books, reviews, scifi
I recently finished reading Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, otherwise known as Bladerunner. I liked the book and thought it addessed some interesting ideas. I thought the way that the matter of whether the other bounty hunter was an android or not was left in suspense was good and I also like the idea that some of the androids don't even know that they are artificial.
Although I haven't seen the film, I get the impression that a lot of effect of the book would be lost in a conversion to film.

There's a lot I want to say about the book, but I don't feel I could fit it into a cohesive blog post so I won't. Suffice to say, the book raises interesting questions about the possibilities of totally artificial humans in the same way that Tower of Glass by Robert Silverberg does.
Some of the book gets fairly heavy and the way the author uses in-book 'jargon' without first explaining it is a little confusing, but most, if not all of the terms are implicitly or explicitly explained so I suppose it all works out in the end.
I been meaning to read the book for a long time, since blade runner is one of my all time favorite movies.
Ever read Neuromancer by William Gibson?
I was looking for Neuromancer when I got DADOES, but unfortunately my school library doesn't have it.
This blog post has been marked as Blasphemy! by Android Data.

-- Data