ID:37382

It's been a long, long year. But it's finally come to an end.

To recap my year:
Moved out of home.
Moved back to home.
Broke up with my girlfriend.
Come to terms with being broken up.
Started Drinking.
Started Smoking.

And here we are.

I have made peace with myself and Lisa and I are now friends. I have no more attraction to her in anything other than just a close friend.

I started drinking because, well, I suppose I can. I don't drink alone, I'm no alcoholic. I'm just enjoying the benefits of being old enough to.

Not sure how or why I started smoking. Eh.

And the rest is history. I have a few new goals I'm going to work towards over the next three years. Let's see if I can make them reality.
I highly recommend you quit smoking while it will still be easy. I know, everyone is probably telling you to quit, but trust me, it's easy when you are young and just started. It's very, very hard when you have been doing it for 30 years.
Yep.
True, I have been smoking for only 8 years now and found it hard. I didn't actually quit (I suppose some part of me liked it) but I did cut down a lot.
whats best with an ice cold beer than a few puffs off a cig? kudos
Don't let these guys tell you to stop smoking. You're going to die at around 80-90 anyways.
I'd rather die healthy than incapable of breathing due to dead lungs. I plan on parachuting to my death, because I don't plan on pulling the cord, when I'm about 80, unless I'm still very healthy. When I know I have only a year or two left, I'm going on that parachuting trip.
Umm let's see; things that are better than a puff of a cig with beer:
A hot woman
A hot meal (German especially)
More beer
A firearm (just kidding there....)

Drakiel wrote:

Jmurph: The hot German meal is good, but the hot German meal with the hot woman and more German beer is even better. :)

Anywho, my mother has been smoking for 30 years now, and she finds that she can't quit. Her main problem is that every time she tries to quit, she always finds something stressful and ends up smoking again. What she's recently tried to do, however, is roll her own cigarettes to cut down on cost. Before now, she was paying nearly $10 for a pack of 20 cigarettes. That's $0.50/cigarette, and she smokes almost a pack a day, if not more. Now she's paying $30-ish for a pack of 200 cigarettes (tobacco included), so now she's paying $0.15/cigarette, and is actually feeling better now that she can save money while smoking.
I know you haven't said you've done this, but please please please make sure you don't get in a situation where you'd drive after consuming alcohol. I'm not implying that you have, but still.
Smoking is bad for you and...stuff. If you're going to smoke, toke on happy grass, at least it will make you happy. Besides, it feels even better knowing you're sticking it to the man...hard.
Hello, I'm Tiberath. Just in-case you have all forgotten, I'm not an idiot.

Just to remind you all: I am aware the dangers of smoking, I'm aware the dangers of drinking and I don't actually drive a car at this moment in time. I'm strongly against drinking and driving having known victims of such incidents and had a first hand witness of what such actions can lead to.

--

Danial.Beta wrote:
I highly recommend you quit smoking while it will still be easy. I know, everyone is probably telling you to quit, but trust me, it's easy when you are young and just started. It's very, very hard when you have been doing it for 30 years.

I have two chronic smokers in my family. It used to be three, my father had been smoking for twenty years before he gave up. And he gave up once and never looked back. My mother has quit multiple times, it's just that every time she does, something incredibly horrible happens (her mother hospitalised for instance). So instead, she's just cut back from a pack a day to 1 - 3 a day.

I'm quite aware of the dangers of addiction and am always ahead of it. It takes a fair bit of effort to get me dependant on substance. With the exception to Tea and coca cola. I'll be drinking both of them until I die. Even on my death bed. In fact, I demand to be buried with them.

--

Drakiel wrote:

Sex, duh.

--

Jermman wrote:
Don't let these guys tell you to stop smoking. You're going to die at around 80-90 anyways.

I discovered the secret to eternal youth.

--

Sarm wrote:
I know you haven't said you've done this, but please please please make sure you don't get in a situation where you'd drive after consuming alcohol. I'm not implying that you have, but still.

I take offence that you consider me that stupid. I THOUGHT YOU LOVED ME!
I was just going to say that. You guys are talking to Tiberath like he's 13.

Preaching is also just annoying. Everybody has a breaking point, you know.
Kunark wrote:
I was just going to say that. You guys are talking to Tiberath like he's 13.

Preaching is also just annoying. Everybody has a breaking point, you know.

Damn right. I'm 14!

(No, I'm kidding, I am 19.)
You're right. Sorry.
Sarm wrote:
You're right. Sorry.

You really hurt my feelings =(
No sex for a month!