ID:41699

Case: Galaxy 3 + Quality 450W PSU

CPU: AMD Phenom64 Quad Core 9500 (2.2Ghz)

Motherboard: M2A-VM HDMI

HDD: Maxtor/Hitachi 250GB 7,200 RPM SATA 2.o (Transfer Rate 3Gb/S)

RAM: 2048MB (2GB) DDR2 800Mhz PC6400

Optical Storage: Lightscribe 20X DVD+/-RW
Dual Layer & Dual Format

Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1250 1 GB OR ATI HD2400 PRO 1GB

Sound: HD 5.1 AC883 6 Channel

Cost about ~£340

I am not a PC gamer, but i need/want a pc that could run HD Files pretty smoothly and atleast one or two games (not hardcore games). And the reason i chose quad is because i think dual cores are slowly going to disappear and i've been with my AMD 2600+ For almost 6-7 Years, its time i upgraded.
Support for AMD is low. Only thing I can see that's wrong with it.
Got some good specs there. I would personally go for a Nvidia Geforce graphics cards, as I always had problems with ATI cards.

Good thing its a AMD Quad Core, not that two Dual Cores in one processor from Intel.
For that video card I suggest at least a 550W PSU, 800W recommended.
Ima get a 600W or 750W Psu
That graphics card needs nothing...

That card couldn't run ANYTHING...

I'd recommend the HD 3850 if anything...

and a cheap intel Q6600 which works better and more efficient then the phenoms....The PSU that you need for that total is no more than 430watt if you get a nice efficient one like the earthwatts...

Ignore these people as they steer you wrong. Though don't use the PSU from the case, those are very bad quality...and quality is very important.
I find this funny how the not two dual cores from Intel thing...even though the 9500 from AMD has a bug since it's B2 stepping that can only be fixed by taking a 20% performance hit, and considering the Intel ones are many times faster...it means nothing how it's done, more L2 cache from Intel, and way more raw power and speed then AMD ever has...

Even from Intel's lowest quad, the Q6600.