ID:66025

Keywords: raw
Random Anime of the Week: Gintama
The Edo Period was the age of the samurai...and then the aliens landed.

Gintama is a comedy/action anime that takes place in Japan's Edo Period, 20 years after aliens landed and waged war with the samurai. With their superior technology, the samurai quickly lost and relinquished their weapons, thus beginning the Sword Prohibition Act.

The main character is Gintoki, a man who runs a shop called the Yorozuya (literally means do-everything-shop). Gintoki is an ex-samurai who fought the repel the aliens in the previous war, but nowadays he spends his time lazying around with an apathetic attitude.

The anime features several anime/tv-show references. While most of the episodes are comedy, they really don't have much of a point after the first 10-ish, and can be easily skipped over to get to the action(48,58, theres more but I haven't watched it all the way through) if that's more what you're into.

Episode count: Currently 150+

Links:

http://www.narutowire.com/120/Gintama -anime
http://www.onemanga.com/Gintama/ -manga
GIN TAMA RULES!
This sounds interesting. I'll add it my list to read sometime later.
Charliegrooms14 wrote:
GIN TAMA RULES!

...Alright then. >_>Sounds pointless to me, But if the action is epic you can bet I'm going to watch it. :D
Gintama is an Great anime, one of my favorites for sure. Rather it's the comedy or action episodes, I enjoy them both.
Gintama is the best anime in my opinion is different, funny, and the action parts are pretty good. I was also tired of having a stupid, stubborn, weak that gets strong later on main character (Naruto, bleach, yuyu hakusho, pysren)
MdNight wrote:
Gintama is the best anime in my opinion is different, funny, and the action parts are pretty good. I was also tired of having a stupid, stubborn, weak that gets strong later on main character (Naruto, bleach, yuyu hakusho, pysren)

Ichigo was always that strong, Wasn't he able to break that hadou in episode one, Being a human? O.o
When this gets into the action episodes, it really delivers.
Riku 123q wrote:
MdNight wrote:

Ichigo was always that strong, Wasn't he able to break that hadou in episode one, Being a human? O.o

He showed early potential, but with the introduction of main rivals from soul society he was a severe underdog, that pattern of being an underdog has prevailed throughout the manga even up till now (with the battle vs ulq).
ie Ichigo vs Renji, Ichigo vs Kenpachi, Ichigo vs Byakuga, Ichigo vs Grimmjow, Ichigo vs Nnoitra and finally Ichigo vs Ulq. In each of these fights Ichigo started out clearly weaker and managed to pull some random power increase out of his arse to eventually win despite being the clear underdog.

err, except Nnoitra, he was simply saved by Kenpachi there.
I love this anime, it's abit long but awesome!