ID:81788

Well, after about 9 months of analyzing the iPhone/iTouch App Store, I feel I have a great market analysis written up.

Here it is: most iTouch/iPhone users have minor cases of mental retardation.

As such, I decided that the first app I would develop with it would be both simple and stupid.

You've seen iMirror*. You've bought iWobble Pro**. You've spent hours of your life on iGlowStick***. Now, you have iRipple.

In other words, I developed an app in which you select an image on your iTouch/iPhone (will add camera functionality in the future), touch the image, and it ripples. In essence, I did this through Cocos2D, a great iPhone dev game library, and the iPhone SDK's built in UIKit and Foundation libraries. I'm still working on it a bit (the two tiny graphics I'm using are placeholder graphics, lol), and there's a small issue between Cocos2D and the 3GS that needs fixing, but other than that, it's almost done. The actual work itself only took about 5 hours at the most, and then a few more hours were spent on stupid mistake fixing (forgetting to include header files, etc.). However, the whole thing was a pretty big learning experience. In the last month, I've learned the Objective-C language's syntax, and a few of it's quirks. I've also learned how to use it's memory management related methods (the ability to use them properly is what I lack), and use some basic Cocos2D functions.

Expect a release within a few months at the most, I'm almost done now, and then I'll need to buy a Developer Membership or whatever it's called so I can test the project on my iTouch. Then, I just have to implement adMob, make a pro version (lol, iRipple pro = no ads), submit my app to Apple, wait upwards of one month at the most, ???, and profit!

*There was a mirror app out there. All it was was a blank screen with a frame.

**Some app that makes a certain part of your picture wobble. Pretty stupid, unless you use it to make fun of fat people.

***Got it for the lulz, was disappointed by how simple it was.
I still think iViewmaster was the best idea since sliced bread.
IcewarriorX wrote:
I still think iViewmaster was the best idea since sliced bread.

Yeah, but I can't think of how I'd get something like that to work without knowing how to manage memory right, lol.
iDoser anyone?
iTickleMeElmo
IcewarriorX wrote:
iTickleMeElmo

iBreasts