ID:94843

Poll: Should they ban happy meals?

Yes 25% (6)
No 75% (18)

Only BYOND Members can vote.

A county in California banned happy meals because they offered a toy to get kids to want them. My question is, Do you think this is fair or not fair.
http://news.yahoo.com/video/business-15749628/ where-happy-meals-are-illegal-19362009
Serioulsy banned? Don't comment back. I'm at university.
It's not explicitly banning happy meals, mind. Just that they can't sell toys with it.

Gamemakingdude wrote:

I think I will.
I suppose they have a point that fast food is some pretty bad crap to sell to kids.

However, I'm sort of surprised any of them think they can tell American citizens what they can't eat. America prides itself at eating whatever it damn well wants, and we've a massive obesity epidemic to prove it.
Popisfizzy wrote:
It's not explicitly banning happy meals, mind. Just that they can't sell toys with it.

Gamemakingdude wrote:

I think I will.
---
Ditto.
Hell no, I used to love those toys when I was a kid. The only toys I ever got were from happy meals. =(

They said there are a lot of kids that are over weight and the toy attracts them to the food. Because you know this couldn't be the parents fault in anyway. Everyone knows any child can get 7 dollars and drive down to McDonalds.

This is really disappointing to see. I hate when people blame stuff on 3rd parties when it comes to kids, parents never take responsibility for how they are raising their kids. This coming from a parent, if my kids get fat that's my fault not McDonalds, I'm the one buying the damn food. I guarantee everyone who supported the bill is a parent with a fat ass kid.
Happy meals are lies, filled with disappointment. I'm glad they're banned. Screw the hamburglar.
I was almost going to make a serious post, but I refuse to have any type of discussion on a webpage that forces caps-lock.
Geldonyetich wrote:
I suppose they have a point that fast food is some pretty bad crap to sell to kids.

However, I'm sort of surprised any of them think they can tell American citizens what they can't eat. America prides itself at eating whatever it damn well wants, and we've a massive obesity epidemic to prove it.

Exactly. This country can't be trusted to make it's own nutritional choices.
I hate how so many of American citizens are becoming either fat asses, or pussies.

For God's sake, it's a freaking toy! That and parents need to not be so damn worried and show some more restraint over a kids, "I WUNT TAT!!11!1".
Shadow Void wrote:
parents need to not be so damn worried and show some mroe restraint over a kids, "I WUNT TAT!!11!1".

This is the exact argument that every individual uses when they have clearly never dealt with a kid throwing themselves on the restaurant floor flailing their arms and kicking their legs while screaming at the top of their lungs. Experience this, and the 60+ people in the restaurant staring at you, and you might think twice before you try that one again.
http://chrispederick.com/work/web-developer/

First thing I do on this page is delete the damn CSS.
If they ban happy meals, then make joy meals and have them offer an instrument of entertainment =D