ID:99565

Christopher Nolan's "Inception" has been positioned for a while as the summer 2010 movie for which we've all been waiting. And it is startlingly good, even set against a background as dim as 2010's big studio films. It's an expensive, expansive emotional film, a nested set of tricks and stratagems with parallel plotlines leaping tracks to affect each other. It's a can-we-do-it caper film combined with a moody, brooding examination of the mysteries of the human heart. It is full of nods to other films, and to filmmaking, but also a uniquely personal work. It has all of Nolan's strengths, and some of his weaknesses, and it is undeniably his. It is the most exciting studio action film since 1999's "The Matrix," and has a slightly suspect similarity to the Wachowskis' brawny brain-bender. It is a $160 million action film about loss and regret, and it is exciting in part because of its flaws.

All you need to know about "Inception" on a plot level is that in a future five minutes from now (or, for that matter, now), a high-tech device allows collective shared dreaming. Hook everyone up to the box and you're in one person's dream. There are rules, and there are dangers, and you don't travel without baggage. Dom Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) is a professional dream thief who assembles teams to steal secrets out of slumbering heads. Lately, his subconscious break-ins are being disrupted by his own manifestation of a memory-vision of his ex-wife Mal (Marion Cotillard). A wealthy client, Saito (Ken Watanabe), hires Dom to pull a job that is exactly like the other dream-heists he's pulled and absolutely unlike the other dream-heists he's pulled, with the promise of the one thing in the world Dom wants most as the reward for a job well done.

tl;dr Metamorphman loves it.
Most people would've seen this by now, but for those who haven't: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

:D
Of course I love it, it's the best movie made in ages. Probably the best of my time.

[EDIT] Although I'm sure, years from now, there will be even greater movies. Such is the beauty of the human mind. :)
Watched it 2 days ago in the cinema. I really liked it. It's the best new movie I have seen last months.

PS. Like Matrix, this movie actually made me think about what is real and what isn't & wonder if the world that we live in is really real xD
This movie wsa overly fantastic =D i loved it, such an incredible premise to it and the cast were perfect in their respective roles.
Best movie of 2010 was Book of Eli.
Metamorphman wrote:
Most people would've seen this by now, but for those who haven't: http://www.imdb.com/chart/top

:D
Of course I love it, it's the best movie made in ages. Probably the best of my time.

[EDIT] Although I'm sure, years from now, there will be even greater movies. Such is the beauty of the human mind. :)
---
Toy Story 3.
PerfectGoku wrote:

Toy Story 3.

gtfo...............
Somebody told me that this movie was an epic mindfuck.
The movie isn't a mindfuck.

I would have to say that this movie is significantly better than Book of Eli or Toy Story 3.

I watched it twice. :]
Opening night AND the day after.
best movie is obviously Salt. its got angelina jolie in it
EG said Salt was also an Epic Mind fuck like this.
EmpirezTeam wrote:

if your going to like a movie just because it has Angelina Jolie in it then your pretty sad, a movie need more than an atractive girl in it to make it great... the movie Salt was drastically lacking IMO and just overall was of a lower quality than INCEPTION.
Damn.... i really need a membership to help my friends game out. My mom won't buy me one. If you can buy me one i'll try to pay you back.
Also i really like the look of your new game
Interesting.
May I get a memebership?
MechaCloud wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

if your going to like a movie just because it has Angelina Jolie in it then your pretty sad, a movie need more than an atractive girl in it to make it great... the movie Salt was drastically lacking IMO and just overall was of a lower quality than INCEPTION.

Don't defy me.