Pokemon towns aren't big. Things are usually supposed to be placed tightly next to each other and there shouldn't be much space but since this is an MMO, we've made roads a bit wider.
@KidPaddle45

It would be nicer, though.
In response to Dark-DVF
Dark-DVF wrote:
@KidPaddle45

It would be nicer, though.

I tried to make larger maps, but it didn't turn out well. Having larger maps would mean having large voids and large buildings with nothing to do inside of them. Instead of having a large town, I went with smaller and more compact town.

And to be fair you haven't seen the whole game. So you wouldn't be able to judge on a "nicer" map.
Is that a grill?
In response to MissReina
Sorry, not as in "nicer" as in better looking. I meant, it would be cooler. I really like your work.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Is that a grill?

I thought you were asking if MissReina was a girl at first. Nothing better to do than have developers hit on women.

Speaking of dev's hitting on women-- Is it me, or does having a girlfriend who's a programmer sound hot as rainbows?
In response to Lavitiz
Speaking of dev's hitting on women-- Is it me, or does having a girlfriend who's a programmer sound hot as rainbows?

Not just you...my friend.
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:

Not just you...my friend.

Glad to know I'm not alone on this secret fantasy of mine!

I giggled at the mod's edit. Hot as rainbows. xD
In response to Lavitiz
Indeed rainbows are very..hot.
In response to Edit Nero
Edit Nero wrote:
Indeed rainbows are very..hot.

They found out... Get the weapons! We much destroy the human race, Leprechauns! Tonight, we fight!
In response to Lavitiz
Like all solid programmer relations, it results in a lot of arguments about best practices at 2 AM.
In response to Xirre
Meh gold!
In response to Stephen001
Lmao, that's funny. Personal experience?
In response to Lavitiz
I did rather briefly date a programmer, yes.

Usually by the point you're introducing yourself as a programmer, to a potential partner, you tend to be at a certain level of education and experience. We fortunately were interested in different areas (she was more web-oriented, I am more large systems engineering).

When you've got two people that know the same vague area, are passionate about it, and feel they are pretty good at it, any difference of opinion can potentially be pretty lame to discuss, unless both have a certain life approach.
I can imagine things being pretty competitive to a point, although I'm sure it's easier when you both have a focus in different areas.

I personally have to remind myself to not fall into that ego driven competitiveness and remind myself that people come from all different kinds of places and their experience will vary.
Call me crazy but for some reason I always imagined that if I made it to 4th base with a programmer chick, she'd randomly blurt out programming terms, like "object oriented" or "compile" instead of my name during intercourse.
Worse, you're both really into it, then mid-flow her mind will wander onto that design issue she was struggling with, and you've got to fight for her attention again. The struggle is real.
Stephen001 wrote:
Worse, you're both really into it, then mid-flow her mind will wander onto that design issue she was struggling with, and you've got to fight for her attention again. The struggle is real.

That'd be so embarrassing.

"Get off me. I just realized what was causing my program to crash, we'll have to continue this another time."
This is gold.
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Call me crazy but for some reason I always imagined that if I made it to 4th base with a programmer chick, she'd randomly blurt out programming terms, like "object oriented" or "compile" instead of my name during intercourse.

What are these bases you speak of?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5