ID:277189

FFVA = Final Fantasy V (five) Advance.

Talk about your favorite things about the game, remember to mark for spoilers.

I liked the job systme myself, didnt play much, but I am excited as hell for a portable version with a bonus dungeon.
Meh I never heard of it until I played the one someone made here on byond. Seems pretty cool, but I'd end up getting Final Fantasy 3 instead for DS. Its supposed to be the first one to introduce the job system and summons.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
you know if u really wana play the old FF games u can just download an emulator...
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:
you know if u really wana play the old FF games u can just download an emulator...

I recommend looking into the fine people at Console Classix: http://www.consoleclassix.com
In response to Jon88
Yeah, and playing ROMs isnt supporting SquareEnix in anyway.

In response to King of Slimes
King of Slimes wrote:
Yeah, and playing ROMs isnt supporting SquareEnix in anyway.

So? SquareEnix has already been payed for the games at Console Classix. They're like a video game rental place, but online. Square isn't getting any extra money from Blockbuster, but they're still renting out games.
In response to Jon88
lol squeenix makes like a billion dollars a day off their games, they dont need my support
In response to Falacy
Falacy wrote:

Its a remake of it except in 3D, wifi and other new features..0_0
Final Fantasy V had one of the worst story lines I've ever encountered. (zomg savz0r teh elemantal crystals!!1) I suppose it was okay (well, considering it is a final fantasy after all) but I enjoyed ff3 / ff6 much better. The jobs system was interesting, but also made things pretty dang easy in my opinion. I was far more excited for the ff3 remake, but I just hope they don't ruin it when they add the pretty graphics in and whatever else.
In response to Hobbesx
The only good FFs were 3(NES version), 5 and 10.

<small>IMO.</small>
In response to Falacy
I hope you don't mean that to say you're going to pirate it because of that.

"I hate the company for reason X, therefore I have a right to use their product for free."
In response to Sarm
Sarm wrote:
I hope you don't mean that to say you're going to pirate it because of that.

"I hate the company for reason X, therefore I have a right to use their product for free."

I am sure he is, if he isnt, Rune will be open source.
In response to King of Slimes
10 URRGGHH.
7 FTW. Best. RPG. Evaaaaah.
Anyone play the FFL games for Gameboy? I thought they were pretty good.
In response to Hazman
Hazman wrote:
10 URRGGHH.
7 FTW. Best. RPG. Evaaaaah.
Anyone play the FFL games for Gameboy? I thought they were pretty good.

FFL3 pwns the other FFL games and FF7 is way too over-rated, any fanboys wants to *insert bad word here* with Aeris, Tifa and Yuffie and the fangirls only wanna *insert that same bad word here* with Cloud, Sephiroth and Vincent.
In response to Hazman
I've only played FF7, and it bored me greatly. I can't imagine why the game

*RANDOM BATTLE*

designers thought it would be a good idea to

*RANDOM BATTLE*

make traversing the

*RANDOM BATTLE*

map so

*RANDOM BATTLE*

utterly

*RANDOM BATTLE*

tedious and

*RANDOM BATTLE*

repetitive

*RANDOM BATTLE*

repetitive.

It would have been okay if the combat was decent, but it was hopelessly dragged out and the game-blocking special attack animations were boring, generic, too long, and hopelessly repetitive.

It was like watching Scandisk, only with slightly better graphics. Wait for power bar to fill up. Select "Attack". Repeat ad nauseum.

When the gameplay is boring and you're only sticking it out for the sake of the plot, it's time to go and read a good book. So I did.
In response to Crispy
Lol, yay, somebody else hates FF7 like me!
In response to Crispy
Crispy wrote:
When the gameplay is boring and you're only sticking it out for the sake of the plot, it's time to go and read a good book. So I did.

Replace book with Zelda and yes, same.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Mecha Destroyer JD wrote:
Falacy wrote:

Its a remake of it except in 3D, wifi and other new features..0_0

because everything's better in 3D >_>
In response to Elation
Elation wrote:
Crispy wrote:

Replace book with Zelda and yes, same.

Or replace both Zelda and book with Chrono Trigger.
In response to Jon88
Or replace Zelda Chrono Trigger and Book with "Good Game-boy games", XD.
Page: 1 2 3