Well, the Japanese word for demon is yokai.
The Japanese word for half-demon is hanyo.
I am not sure exactly where they get 'Yasha' from. I have found a couple sources that say Yasha means demon, but a few others that say it means female demon. If there is anyone more fluent in the Japanese language than I, your help would be appreciated.
Listen to rap, use drugs, or are a complete dumbass

I fall under the complete dumbass category >_>
The o/a for gender is a Latin contruct and does not apply to all languages. With Asian languages, this is even more true, since the English equivalent is merely an approximation of the sounds (most Asian languages use a pictoral, not phonetic, alphabet).

And I agree that DBZ as a series is pretty much pointless garbage, as are most fan products related to it. I don't begrudge those who like it, though. Their time to waste and all.
"And I agree that DBZ as a series is pretty much pointless garbage, as are most fan products related to it. I don't begrudge those who like it, though. Their time to waste and all."

Agreed. You shouldn't flame someone just because they like something or don't like something. You should only flame them if they try to do one of the following:
Make a DBZ fan game
Try to force their views on other people.
DBZ was the second anime I started watching after pokemon, I really liked it but I was only 11. I have to admit, I'm still watchin DBGT to see the end of it (In Canada DBGT isn't over yet). I do find my self point out a million mistakes to it, so I can defanly see why people don't like it, as for the sexsist remark, well I guess it is, chichi did fight before but she did get her ass kicked by goku (goku also beats up a black kid in the last episode of dbz) but being a guy, I didn't notice it was sexist. As for the DBZ fan games, holy fuck there are like amillion of them aren't there? I found the zeta remakes were fun for a bit but all got really boring, but fuck it, how bout we just don't play it?
So there you have it, a long time dbz fan that can't spell for shit agreeing with the feminest (<--example of my spelling). The show really is filled with plot holes, the games almost all suck. Why am I still a fan you ask? I just like comparing DBZ to other anime (example, Naruto).

P.S.
I hate rap, I wouldnt' call my self a dumbass, I'm not smart though...
and try doing drugs and watchin the show at the same time.
Rap sucks are you are all being ass holes! god lets just leave it at

BYOND IS POLUTED WITH MUTANT CRAPPY DBZ GAMES

excluding the 30 players that actualy bother to play those games... like honestly there all Mystic Journeys to me...

so what i like Inuyasha, and plot fillers? what the fuck are you smokin, those are mearly to get other character involved, unlike your Dragon Ball Z, which is all based around Goku this and Goku that... and the name of the show isnt even his name...

But ya know, everyones got there own fucking oppinions, yet no one respects mine so fuck your Hitlerist DBZ ways--

god im fuxored. XD
Except For Tactics hes kool :P
I'm not flaming them. I don't remember the years but in the United States i'll say...1600's the blacks in the united states were under severe racism. They thought things were racism, so they fought it. I am under sever annoyance to dbz, I think it's sexist. I fight it.
Fight the powerlevel! Oh wait.
In the 1600s the US wasn't even a country yet. The racism legally existed from the time the colonies were formed to the 1960s, and stayed widespread even after that, in fact, it still exists now through the KKK. The blacks were under severe oppression,a nd I'm sureprised it took them so long to fight.
Well, hows that for a little off-topic history lesson?
And yeah, I agree with your point entirely InuTracy. The only thing is, DBZ is proof that anime was not made only for little girls. Hah! Take that Tactics!
HAHAHAHAHA "In the 1600s the US wasn't even a country yet."
glad i didnt have to say it. i'm never ever nice :(
dbz is definately boy material HALF THE TIME, and here's my research:
ask yourself;
what happens for half of a dbz episode? and what happens during the other half?
Half is bad-ass fighting scenes that i personally think kick ass, and the other half is some DUMB ass shit with a bunch of cute little wannabe pokemon ass characters, and stupid fucking bulma being a stupid fucking bitch and goku's wife being a dumb bitch too- etc etc etc.

DBZ (the show) is half-cool.
DBZ the BYOND games, however, are god damn friggin annoying to have saturating our lists of games every-friggin-where you look. i'm done.
James go argue else were its really annyoing... X_X god...

anyway, Dragon Ballz is meh, like tactics said, i used to watch it when i was like 8 or 9 but then it just got really gay and i stoped watching. So no i wouldnt say i hate it to death,

i just hate Dragon Ball Z fan boys and there fan games and there DBZ names, action figures, lego men, poster bull shit...
I am a DBZ fan but I dont do any of the stuff u mentioned DBZ fans do. And not all DBZ fans are DBZ obsessed. And I dont even support those BYOND DBZ games exept the original Dragonboru Onlain. I say "If you have an edit of Dragonball Zeta, do me a favor and delete it, nobody will come and play it"
If dbz is as bad as you say why is it so popular? Everbody I know enjoys it. In fact your the only person I know that doesnt.
Azaxel wrote:
If dbz is as bad as you say why is it so popular? Everbody I know enjoys it. In fact your the only person I know that doesnt.

Same your like the only person I know that hates DBZ
Page: 1 2