ID:133382

It would be nice if childs had a param called "splitter moved" or something similar. In essence, when the splitter is moved by the player, the splitter-moved param would be called, similar to a button's command param. For example:

//if child.splitter-moved is "UpdateP"

mob/proc/UpdateP()
world << winget(src,"child","splitter")

In this example, every time the player moves the splitter, the splitter position would be outputted to the world. This would enable bars and similar features.

It would also be nice to be able to give a splitter an image, giving a splitter a more professional look.

EDIT: I meant sliders, not bars.
Jeff8500 wrote:
This would enable bars and similar features.

What do you mean by bars and similar features?

If you're referring to things like health bars, using a splitter wouldn't be that crash-hot of an idea. The easiest method I found for doing something like that was a label. And just changing it's size as necessary.
In response to Tiberath
Oops, I meant slider! For example, you need to choose how much emphasis you wish to put on different skills, red is combat and green is healing (colors represent sides). The slider is constantly being used by players wishing to change their combat emphasis, and thus a button wouldn't be a very good method of going about this; it would only be a nuisance to the player. Recursively calling winget()'s definitely can't be good, either.