ID:133445

I have Leopard and I can't download BYOND. Am I missing something?

Now... I haven't played BYOND in about 5 years... So maybe I shouldn't get re-addicted... But I blame whoever sent me an e-mail telling me that BYOND is running version 4.0!

And to anyone who remembers me.... ;-)
BYOND doesn't have a full Mac version. The native Mac version is a text-only version like the Linux version -- you'll have to use Parallels or something similar if you want to use BYOND on your Mac.

There aren't any plans to create a full port for the Mac, at least not anytime soon.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah but, isn't there a WINE version for Mac.
In response to Flame Sage
Nadrew wrote:
you'll have to use Parallels or something similar if you want to use BYOND on your Mac.

It's also known that Parallels and VMWare both run BYOND better than WINE does, Parallels especially; I've heard of people able to use BYOND with absolutely no problems using it.
In theory Darwine works, but your mileage may vary. Having moved primarily from Linux to MacOS X, Parallels works a treat for using BYOND in my case. Well worth the investment and not just for BYOND.
=P Feel free to queue up behind us Linux users. The problem for non-Windows Operating Systems like OS X is that BYOND can't realistically provide a GUI client currently, or in the short to medium term. So the current solution is more or less how Nadrew and digitalmouse put it, consider picking up or investing in some form of Virtual Machine type solution, Parallels seems to be the one people recommend for OS X.

If you are technically minded, then perhaps you could lend a hand to the WINE project (Darwine in your case), I'm sure those guys would always appreciate the help. If you're not, that's fine, us people at the LinuxGuild would be interested in any ideas you have to progress the notion of BYOND on non-Windows platforms.

Welcome back to BYOND.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
It's also known that Parallels and VMWare both run BYOND better than WINE does, Parallels especially; I've heard of people able to use BYOND with absolutely no problems using it.

But that requires a Windows license for that computer, which many of us do not have.
Flame Sage wrote:
But that requires a Windows license for that computer, which many of us do not have.

And that's why using Linux or Mac over Windows is bad for you.