ID:137188

For the icon editor: a text field similar to the existing field for degrees of rotation -- except this one would control how many pixels the view shifts when you click one of the directional arrows.

Like the subject says, just an idea for The List!

(By the way, I just used the new "generate instances from directions" option and it works as advertised... thank you very much.)
Gughunter wrote:
For the icon editor: a text field similar to the existing field for degrees of rotation -- except this one would control how many pixels the view shifts when you click one of the directional arrows.

Like the subject says, just an idea for The List!

(By the way, I just used the new "generate instances from directions" option and it works as advertised... thank you very much.)

Generate Instances from Directions? How and where do you do this?

FIREking
In response to FIREking

In the map editor's icon selection box, just right-click on a four-directional or eight-directional icon.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:

Goto into the map editor, select an instance of a mob or obj in the map window where all the instances are displayed and right click. Then select Generate Instances from Direstions.
In response to Gughunter
Boy how I wish 720x480 would actually let me see that box..

[Edit]
Why not make the instance editor popup? Didn't is used to do that?
In response to Nadrew
why cant you use good ole 800x600x16? In my humble opinion, its the best screen resolution around, but maybe i believe that because i am used to it? I deffinately dont recommend 640x480, that screen resolution is just a piece of crap. Sure its great for full screen games, but its not for a windows environment!

FIREking
In response to FIREking
Why does everyone think I'm using 720x480 because I want to? I HAVE TO!!
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Why does everyone think I'm using 720x480 because I want to? I HAVE TO!!

But thats what im saying, you dont have to use that rez, just get a new monitor! =D

FIREking
In response to FIREking
You assume I have $150, why?
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
But thats what im saying, you dont have to use that rez, just get a new monitor! =D

I'm sure if he could, he would. Some people just can't go splurge on a new moniter every week.
In response to Vortezz
Exactly! I would rather spend my money on important things.
In response to Vortezz
Splurge on a new monitor? What have you been sniffing?
In response to Lord of Water
Lord of Water wrote:
Splurge on a new monitor? What have you been sniffing?

I've been sniffing this new drug. It's called "staying on a budget"

Why buy something that isn't broke? Nadrew can still do everything he wants to (I hope) with his current monitor, so why go spend $150 on something he doesn't need?
In response to Vortezz
We talk way too much, that's my exact point! I can do pretty much everything with this moniter, my first trouble was 256 colors, but I fixed that by getting a 32 bit color card, all that's wrong now is the size, that's what scroll bars are for.
In response to FIREking
FIREking wrote:
why cant you use good ole 800x600x16? In my humble opinion, its the best screen resolution around

Bah humbug! 1700x1500 is the way to go.

Alathon
In response to Alathon
Aye.

-Lord of Water, who quite enjoys his 19 inch monitor.
In response to Vortezz
Vortezz wrote:
Why buy something that isn't broke? Nadrew can still do everything he wants to (I hope) with his current monitor, so why go spend $150 on something he doesn't need?

If someone doesn't have the money then they don't have the money, but obviously Nadrew's situation is "broke" because he complains about all the things he can't do/see because of it all the time.
In response to Alathon
Are you sure its 1700x1500?
Resolutions are supposed to have around a 1.3 ratio between width and height, which that does not.

-AbyssDragon
In response to Deadron
Sure, I complain about it when I want to play one of your great games that have a view of >=5 in big icon mode, but when it really comes down to it, it's not that bad, all I really NEED a new moniter for is games, and to see programs in full screen mode.