ID:154339

I've been wondering, what kind of game does everyone want? I don't want a detailed description, maybe just something like "Party game" or "Futuristic RPG" or "Lots and lots and lots of big guns." No fan games, please, just because.
A small, but fun, party game. I have a great idea to discuss with you. Have MSN/AIM/ or ICQ?
Make a game where you can completly customize a professional kickboxer, advertise your character, buy a trainer, buy a place to train, all with the money you win from championships.
WizDragon wrote:
I've been wondering, what kind of game does everyone want? I don't want a detailed description, maybe just something like "Party game" or "Futuristic RPG" or "Lots and lots and lots of big guns." No fan games, please, just because.

A long while ago, when I decided to start my game, I also thought about this. I decided to give myself what I wanted in a game. If I wouldn't have fun playing it with others, why would others?

--Tarmas.
(Note: Yes, my game has big guns. Lesbian panda bears and DBZ as well, but let's not get into that.)

In response to Tarmas
Tarmas your game seems interseting; when will it be out?
In response to Super saiyan3
I think I'm beginning to sound like the people responsible for Daikatana..

But, my game will be out when it's done. I'm currently working on my second total recode, and I will probably be hosting it for bugfixing/ideas.

And I still don't have a name for it..

[Edit: I'm pondering naming it 'Pbags and Pandas']

--Tarmas.
In response to Sariat
Yes, I have AIM.
Tactical Combat Game with RPG elements.
In response to Mertek
Make a Tactacle Espionage Action Game.
In response to Pillsverry
Haven't I seen that on the cover of the Metal Gear Solid PC box? Yes, yes I have.
In response to Tarmas
Tarmas wrote:
A long while ago, when I decided to start my game, I also thought about this. I decided to give myself what I wanted in a game. If I wouldn't have fun playing it with others, why would others?

I agree with this to a point, but for anything where you are hoping others will spend time with the result, there is a point where it usually has to do more than just please the creator.

People who solely create for themselves frequently never finish anything as they flit from project to project amusing themselves. In my experience it takes the drive of wanting other people to see/enjoy your work to get you through the long process of refining/debugging necessary to have a finished game.
I've yet to see a Futuristic RPG in BYOND, but there probably is one and I just missed it. Or, you could do a Present-Time RPG.
Hmmm, I'll consider one or more of these. Thanks.
In response to Deadron
I constantly go through the refining/debugging.. of course, at the same time I'm adding more bug^H^H^Hfeatures that need debugging..

But, I do think that code is an art form. If you can't appreciate and enjoy what you do, I don't see why I should do it.

Although, as an interesting side note, I most always finish my games. Even if it kills me. What use is a giant robot if you can't blow -everything- up in it?

--Tarmas.
In response to Mertek
TextMUD Text Game Engine -- create role playing games with tactical combat elements.

A little switch on things, but is this what you are looking for?
In response to Evilkevkev
Future Ages -- my futuristic RPG that may well never be finished, but has cool features to boot and four months of work put into it. I may release this at some point, but only after I get large battle turrets and star-fortress class starships working! Come on, scrolling icons!
In response to Deadron
People who solely create for themselves frequently never finish anything as they flit from project to project amusing themselves. In my experience it takes the drive of wanting other people to see/enjoy your work to get you through the long process of refining/debugging necessary to have a finished game.

You wound me, sir. ;-)

Seriously, though, I've been pondering the reactions of other people to many of my creations, some of which that could be considered "late" creations, as in dead, former, and no more.

Usually it's the perceived reactions that convince me to switch a project, to start a new project, or to drop a project. I'm not solely in this for myself, as I deluded myself into believing earlier -- after all, I thrive on making people laugh or happy, as most people here probably know, or have had inklings about, unless they just arrived (and in such a case, they'll find out soon enough! ;-) ).

I adapt to many different things as I get in the mood. I do have intentions of getting each and every game of mine to demo state. Then common opinion will tell me which games are sub-par and which are genius. (I'll be looking for people to introduce to them from an external source, not from the DBZ-focused player-base, though I'll try to host regular sessions when I get the chance.)

I'll use a phrase I learned from that "complaint" -- I may have appeared to do a volte-face, but that's only because my former method was always flawed, and I was deceiving myself about it the whole time anyway.

(I'd love to carry this out in a long debate/brainstorm in another thread, but I'm visiting with relatives (overnight) until tomorrow afternoon. If possible, though, I'll try to carry it on from that point. I'd adore talking about this in detail with someone who actually has quite a few years of experience, and I'd prefer public consultation so that others can comment or benefit.)
WizDragon wrote:

I think I'd enjoy another game similar to My Life as a Spy, where you build up a character's skills and items, and the focus isn't on killing things.

More board game types like Bunniflip and Cribbage are always welcome. I would also like more single-player games, like Shapeshifter or Bacchanal.

Z
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
I adapt to many different things as I get in the mood. I do have intentions of getting each and every game of mine to demo state. Then common opinion will tell me which games are sub-par and which are genius. (I'll be looking for people to introduce to them from an external source, not from the DBZ-focused player-base, though I'll try to host regular sessions when I get the chance.)

Thats what ive been doing lately. Instead of hosting games publicly, i host them invisible, and give my ip:port to people i enjoy playing games with. And the alpha testing of my D&D engine with my friends has been loads of fun. I hate it when someone comes into the game, takes 5 seconds to look at it, then says it sucks and starts spamming or whatever. I like playing games with a close nit amount of people. My mind isnt focused on massively multiplayer anymore, its useless!. Why be one of a thousand generic people, when you can be an important part of an adventure in a party of 4? I love playing games with my friends, its fun and exciting, so i dont think the games of my past are that great anymore. Eternal World was fun and all, but it really doesnt get that social interaction and feeling that you get when you have 4 or 5 closenit friends playing through a storyline.

FIREking
In response to FIREking
"Removed in light of the previous thread, and a discussion with FIREking over AIM"
Page: 1 2