ID:1606

My school principal just rang to congratulate me, which I find a bit odd - then again, he is a very hands-on principal. (In a good way, you sickos.) He wandered in to our drama rehearsals a couple of times to encourage us, which was nice even if we didn't need it - shows he makes an effort to be involved in the school community, rather than just doing paperwork, plugging the school, and making speeches at assemblies.

Anyway, he wasn't just congratulating me - he was also telling me that the Canberra Times wants to run a story on us. To which I replied: "Schweet!" Except in talking-to-the-principal-language, which sounds more like "that certainly sounds like something I would be willing to do".

Not quite as good as getting on TV, but still pretty cool. The Canberra Times is a good newspaper, unlike a certain tabloid that Gug referenced in a recent-ish blog post of his. =)

We're getting interviewed by the newspaper on Monday, at the school. I'll be sure to slip in a comment about BYOND somewhere. ;-)
Except in talking-to-the-principal-language, which sounds more like "that certainly sounds like something I would be willing to do".

I don't treat my teachers like adults who need to be respected- I call my history teacher "man" or "dude", and my friend just calls him "John". Adults are just children who decided to stop playing computergames! You see some adults who still hold out, many are part of the BYOND community. <_<
Congrats, Crispy!

And make sure to throw in a comment about how BYOND is a 2D "murder simulator" -- the press eats that up!
My school principal just rang to congratulate me, which I find a bit odd - then again, he is a very hands-on principal
Must be pretty fun, eh'? :\
Elation - I try not to use too much slang in front of certain teachers, simply because it confuses them. ("Sweet? Are you eating confectionary in class, young man?!") :-P

Deadron - Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to keep that in mind!
Small update: It's now Tuesday, not Monday, because the Canberra Times journalists are lazy and can't be bothered getting up on a Monday. ;-P