ID:185014

Just recently, my PC clock started resetting to January 4, 1980. Before then, Yacs PC Clock Synthesizer was always keeping it in line. So the day it first showed the error, I realized Yacs PC lock Syntheizer was not working, so I tried to modify the clock manually and while doing so, a Blue Screen of Death error pops up. I press a key to continue and the screen never comes back up. I reset and when Explorer starts to run, Yacs boots up and the error occurs.

I boot into safe mode and remove Yacs from startup, along with several other unecessary programs. I reboot and it takes 20 minutes for it to actually start Explorer in which everything runs all well, clock fixed, etc.

So yeah, I eventually had to reboot my computer and so when I did, the clock was set wrong again, but this time Yacs wasn't running nor ever did. I try to manually edit the clock and the error comes up again.

I'm looking for a solution, this is definatly the weirdest problem my computer's ever produced.

Notes:

-I run Windows 98SE
-Only the clock's date is wrong, the time is correct.
-Clock's date interferes with security certificates for websites so it's difficult to browse the internet.
-There's the possibility of it being a virus or Malware, I haven't fully scanned yet.
-Date is correct when computer boots to BIOS
-Computer crashes every hour on the hour
-Nothing set to auto-run, problem still occurs
-Cannot run instant messaging programs due to timestamp incapability

I'd install a new OS, possibly XP. It uses something else to find the date and time I beleive. It most probably uses the Microsoft website to check if the current time and date setup of your computer is correct.
Your CMOS battery may be running out. Try leaving the computer on for 24 hours (apparently that recharges the battery), and if that doesn't work you may need to get the battery replaced.
In response to Crispy
But, the time is correct in CMOS properties in BIOS. The clock doesn't change until about 10 seconds into Explorer loading. I thought it was a program doing it but, I've disabled everything except Microsoft and Intel drivers from autorun and it still occurs. I scanned and I know it isn't a virus.
In response to Kamahamaha135
reformat, reinstall.

And upgrade to something better. If you have a lowend computer, I'd recommend win 2000. Best os ever:) Had it runnin on a 133mhz cpu w/ 64mb ram. Works well.