ID:185495

On my BYOND member blog (Courtesy Scoobert!), I am having troubles with CSS. On Mozilla-based browsers, my text is smaller like I set it, the left table (layer) doesn't EXPAND with browser resize, and it all looks better to me.

However, in IE, it's the opposite - The text is back to default, and the all the bloody layers stretch around like rubber.

Mozilla (Good) :

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Internet Explorer (Bad) :

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

(If image/text garbled when you view the images, left click the image to expand)

I am dying here. Can anyone fark with the CSS to make it work, cross-browser? Ugh, the IE-version of the page makes me vomit X_X

Thanks,

~Kujila
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ack!

Man, now what?

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
I see just fine in FF. >_>
In response to Hell Ramen
Odd. Dang. =P

Good news then :D

Now just to make it work in IE correctly -_-;

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
My mistake. I'm used to using Firefox, but on this old as dirt computer, Opera actually runs a bit better.

Here is a screenie: http://members.byond.com/Flick/files/kujila.jpg
In response to Flick
Ah! No! =0

Thanks... ugh, do any other blogs on here do that, or just mine?

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Your's is the only one that drastic. I have a few issues on occasion because I don't load images by default. Sometimes people assume their images will space things out properly for them, but if they don't set images height/width attributes, it can get odd.
In response to Flick
Drats. Hmm, well anyhow, I made a blog post regarding it. If anyone can make things right, I would be eternally grateful :D Post here or there please :)

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
I'd take a look at your blog post, but...

:P
In response to Flick
-_-

lol

It's basically what's been said here, reworded a bit.

~Kujila
I am experimenting [offline] with CSS a bit more... I set the font size to 12 pixels. Now, that looks ok in both IE and Seamonkey (Mozilla), but I was taught to never use definite pixel values. I was told to always use "small" "x-small" "large" and such in CSS.

Do you think there's anything wrong with using a pixel value? Will larger screen resolutions be unable to read the text or resize it?

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
The boxes still strech across the screen in Opera.
In response to Shun Di
I am tinkering offline, I haven't done anything online yet. :)

[EDIT]

Ok now I uploaded it - anything now? :)

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Kujila wrote:
Do you think there's anything wrong with using a pixel value? Will larger screen resolutions be unable to read the text or resize it?

It's best to use relative values. That way everything will scale okay or mostly okay. Putting in absolute measurements like pixels limits how well resizing things will work.

There are a bunch of different settings for font-size that could work. Unfortunately IE bungles most of them. :P
http://www.htmlhelp.com/reference/css/font/font-size.html
In response to Jon88
Drats. Yeah, Internet Explorer does a good job of not reading what I put in the CSS :D

I'll have to fart around with it some more later and try to get it working with non-definite values.

~Kujila
In response to Kujila
Ah, yes that seems to have done it.