ID:185866

Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor
Processor Speed: 2200 MHz
Processor Socket: AMD Socket 939
Bus Speed: 2000 MHz
---------------------------------
2 gigs of DDR2 rom

and about 50 fans to cool that bad boy off.
50 fans? Must be a noisy power-hog, my system has nearly the same specs (except the RAM) with two fans and it doesn't even try to get hot.
I have two computers with nearly the same specs as that, and they're QUIET. And by "quiet", I mean "if it wasn't for the lights you'd hardly know they were on". =)

There are only three fans in the entire system: CPU fan, power supply fan, and one case fan. (My GeForce 6600 GT is passively cooled.) They all dynamically adjust based on the temperature, too.

Nice system though!
In response to Crispy
I disabled the lights on mine =P Too hard to sleep with blue neon lights shining in your eyes.
In response to Nadrew
Uhmm..i have a refurbished comp with little features but still manages to run?

... :)

Two brands, Daytek, Duracom. Running on window ME(Millenium Edition). Well i can still play things like Doom III and Counter Strike Source with my clan so yeah.
In response to Nadrew
Yeah, but I don't leave my computer on overnight. =)

One thing that is annoying about my computer is that it still supplies power to my (PS/2) mouse when it's off, and the mouse has a red light at end of it that stays on all the time. I have to turn the darn thing off at the wall every night so I can sleep.
In response to Crispy
Yeah, mine's an optical mouse so I had that problem too. I made a nice little cover for it, easier than covering the case and letting it get hot.
In response to Nadrew
Ok, perhaps, 1 evpensive, and big fan will do then.
In response to Crispy
crispy- you can unplug the mouse from the machine ya know :p
In response to digitalmouse
Some PS/2 devices don't like that much, my old mouse wouldn't work if I unplugged it and plugged it back in. This one does, though.
In response to digitalmouse
Um, duh. =) Thing is, the wall outlet is easier to access than the back of the computer. The computer faces the wall and is near the floor on a heavy computer desk, so it's a chore to pull it out - and to see which cable is which you have to pull the computer out of the desk onto the floor, which requires pulling out the network cable, which is only just long enough.

On the other hand, the power outlet connects to the computer via an extension cable that goes halfway around the room, and doesn't have nearly as much stuff in front of it.
In response to Crispy
Get an extension for the mouse, so that you dont have to turn the power off to the computer.
Pfft, yeah right. AMD processors don't support DDR2 RAM speeds yet.

I've got the AMD Athlon 64 4000+, so hah. (Even though it isn't dual core, better game performance clocked at 2.4 GHz with a 6800 GT. =D)

~~> Dragon Lord
In response to Crispy
I used to have the same problem.
My original solution was to just colour the areas where the light came out of with texter, which worked alright. It would wear down a bit every now and then and I'd have to touch it up. I was going to use paint when I decided to just put it in something or under something. Like in a sock or under a shirt.
That worked well for a while, but nowdays I wear a mask to bed so it doesn't matter. Not even the sun itself can wake me. I also sleep a lot better which is a bonus. =P
In response to Strawgate
How am I going to supply power to the mouse separately while I still have to keep the PS2 cable plugged into the computer (to transfer data)?

In any case, that doesn't solve the problem. I'd still have to turn something off at the wall. In fact, it would make it worse because I'd need to use up two wall sockets; one for the mouse, and one for everything else via a power board.

I've searched a bit and there doesn't seem to be any good solution to this problem that doesn't involve covering the light, or switching it off at the wall like I'm already doing. I'll have to get a USB mouse when this one dies - according to Microsoft, at least, USB is supposed to power off when the computer does.
In response to Crispy
I believe he means a mouse cord extension(1 end to pc 1 end to mouse), so you could unplug the mouse from the extension and it would turn off the light.
In response to DoOmBringer
Ah, yes. That makes more sense. I thought he meant a power cable extension lead. =)

Yeah, that's not a bad idea. Maybe I'll do that someday.
In response to Unknown Person
Yea true about the support for DDR2, but, I'm buying from factory, so I can get stuff a bit sooner.
In response to Zoltor
Then you'll be waiting for a year, or so, until AMD's Socket M2 comes out (940 pins). You'd have to buy a whole different processor, and motherboard.

~~> Dragon Lord
In response to Unknown Person
Well I have resources that say, that they are gonna put out motherboards that support this processor, and DDR2 ram.
Page: 1 2