ID:187886

I first got introduced to this here (while i was trying to see why i couldnt play my naruto eps)--> http://www.dbzhevan.com/

THE DIRECT LINK TO THE FREE COMPUTER PROGRAM- http://www.FreeDesktopPC.com/ [email protected]/

RULES:
All you have to do is click the link. click the comp you want. Say no to all those advertisements. Then sign up to one of thier partners like aol(I RECORMMEND aol). Then quit before 30 days (cause you get your first month free). The computer should arrive between 3-4 days.please make sure you clicked the guide before you went to the direct link make sure you know what your doing http://rocketjump.ath.cx/~maddumb/freeipod/freeipod.txt

Most of the time you see stuff/scams like YOU WIN '$$1MIL click here!!'. But its the way this stuff is all put together it seems mad real. I believe what that guy says myself its seems pretty simple and basic. I filled out everything and even applied to one of thier partners...but i stoped when aol(one the courses/partners you could sign up for) said i needed a credit card. Cause i dont have access to one yet. Both of my parents said 'NO' the moment i said 'free', they automatically assume its a scam thats going to make you go broke. I am pissed off, i missed out on a pentium 4 and everything... now i am gonna have to live my life with a 200mhz!..AHH!

I am sending you guys this cause i know there is some wicked smart people on these forums. Take your time and investigate to find out if its a scam or not, cause you never know.
Pagemaster wrote:
RULES:
All you have to do is click the link. click the comp you want. Say no to all those advertisements. Then sign up to one of thier partners like aol(I RECORMMEND aol). Then quit before 30 days (cause you get your first month free). The computer should arrive between 3-4 days.please make sure you clicked the guide before you went to the direct link make sure you know what your doing http://rocketjump.ath.cx/~maddumb/freeipod/freeipod.txt

Ehh, I might be confused.. but they are telling you how to scam their partners(which would check the website, I'd hope) out of their computers?

Most of the time you see stuff/scams like YOU WIN '$$1MIL click here!!'. But its the way this stuff is all put together it seems mad real. I believe what that guy says myself its seems pretty simple and basic. I filled out everything and even applied to one of thier partners...but i stoped when aol(one the courses/partners you could sign up for) said i needed a credit card.

There's your answer.

Cause i dont have access to one yet. Both of my parents said 'NO' the moment i said 'free'

Smart parents =)
There are a whole bunch of people claiming it's not a scam. I'm still wary though.
Totally legit. I didn't know that site existed. It's by Gratis Internet, which does the "Freeipods" site.

It works, but since they removed the ebay offer, you and your five friends will have to complete an offer than requires using a credit card or spending money.

~Kujila
Take your time and investigate to find out if its a scam or not, cause you never know.

You investigate. :)
In response to Kujila
Meh, my grandmother ordered AOL for the soul purpose of playing some "Slingo" game online with people. They had her credit card number and charged her several months after she canceled saying they would cancel it the next month. She had to pay the bank some sort of fee to refuse sending them payments.
In response to Siientx
Siientx wrote:
Take your time and investigate to find out if its a scam or not, cause you never know.

You investigate. :)

lol,i did 3 days ago, but i couldnt complete the mission because i didnt have credit card:I FAILED ;(.

Kujila wrote:
It works, but since they removed the ebay offer, you and your five friends will have to complete an offer than requires using a credit card or spending money.

~Kujila

Thats why you use the AOL free music one. So you get Free music for a month then quit before the next month where you have to pay.

SSJ2GohanDBGT wrote:
Meh, my grandmother ordered AOL for the soul purpose of playing some "Slingo" game online with people. They had her credit card number and charged her several months after she canceled saying they would cancel it the next month. She had to pay the bank some sort of fee to refuse sending them payments.

LMAO,they scamed an old lady.

There is one simple rule you have to remember:

No company does anything (on purpose) that doesn't either make a profit, or set them up to make a profit...

That's what business is...

So you've got to ask yourself whether or not the sponsors of this site are paying them more than all of those new PCs cost...

Now, what do you have to do to get a free PC (or iPod, or whatever else thes guys are claiming to be handing out)?

You've got to sign up with a sponsor, and get a handful of friends to do the same...

Now, do you think that this company is getting paid more by the sponsors (AOL, for instance), than it's spending on new PCs?

Let's say that you and your 10 friends sign up for AOL... And let's say that AOL charges $20/month for subscribers (not the actual rate, but I don't know what it is, so this arbitrary number will have to do)... That means that AOL will be making $200/month for the new business this "offer" sent them...

Now, AOL is a business, and like all businesses, they're out to make a profit... They would never spend more on advertising than they're guaranteed to make in return from the new business it generates...

So for sending you and your friends to them as new customers, AOL will pay even less than the money they're making from you... Less than that $200... (well, technically, since that is a monthly fee, they can afford to pay more on the advertising, and they'd make it up after a few more monthly payments... they'd probably budget advertising fees up to the average yield from that advertising, taking into account how long the average user remains a subscriber, but meh)

Now, that's in a perfect world where all new custoners remain on as paying subscribers... But in this world, most of these people will cancel before paying anything... And AOL knows this...

In fact, out of every 10 people that sign up to AOL through this offer, they probably only keep 3 or 4 (likely even less)... So now, AOL is only making &60-80/month from this new business...

And they undoubtedly forecast that sort of thing... And therefore, budget even less on advertising...

So for the 10 people that this company gets to sign up with AOL, AOL is likely paying them less than $60-80...

$6-8 per person...

And they are going to send you a new PC that cost them a few hundred dollars (even if they get them at cost)?

Where's their profit?

Exactly; it doesn't exist (at least from the system they're putting up front)...

So, from that aspect, this is likely to be a scam... No profit = bad business, or business with something to hide...

Now, a quick browse through their ToS reveals that they reserve the right to sell your info to 3rd party advertisers...

Which means that signing up for this "free" PC lands you in spam hell... Since this company apparently isn't making enough money from their up-front sponsors, they've got to be making up the difference through selling your info to a LOT of 3rd parties... You're opening the proverbial flood gates of spam... And not just e-mail spam, but likely snail-mail spam as well, since they also say in the ToS that your info must be correct, and legitimate (which means they don't want people to sign up using fake info, to keep from getting spammed to death)...

So if you can accept that hassle for a "free" PC, then perhaps this is the offer for you...

Otherwise, don't trust it...
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
Well Said.
In response to SuperSaiyanGokuX
They also had offers for free flat screen tv's. Supposibly some dude actually got his. http://forevergeek.com/news/freeipodscom.php

Check that out, seems to be a lot of people who are actually recieving what they are promised. To bad its in the U.S. only.
In response to SSJ2GohanDBGT
The same sort of thing happened to me. I got blueyonder broadband so i cancelled my AOL Dialup, they don't do it on the computer so i had to call them and they say sure but you have to pay for this month. So we do and then about 9 months later we just start shouting at them for not cancelling and they again say oh sorry you have to wait one more month since we've already started this month's service and hten finally on the 11th month, they cancel it.
In response to Critical
This is one of the few offers that actually is legit, so if you can stand the spam, go for it. you get a free plasma =)