Not to be mean, but the few times I've spoken to you, you seem to come off as pretty presumptuous. Once again that's just impressions. It would be great if you could stop assuming people are beneath you when you speak to them- that being said:

I'm 100% sure that what I like in HLD is the combat. Because I enjoy action games.
From what I've seen there's more than just button mashing, if you look closely in the new video there seems to be timed mechanics to go along with the combat. Slight pauses suggest that combos might be initiated by timed button presses.
Aside from that-
additions of a companion, ranged attacks, dashing but more importantly - using the basics in multiple ways which is something I myself attempt to do in the games I play. (For instance using the dash skill to cross chasms.)

This goes without saying, but maybe you shouldn't just assume people are mindless idiots-they might just take it a bit offensively. Also don't really feel a pressing need to explain myself to someone I don't even know . Just "saiyan".
P.S. Dark souls is nothing but button mashing(timed button mashing) I've played Dark souls, Demon Souls,etc.
In response to NNAAAAHH
Pics? More info?
In response to Avidanimefan
 photo artGood_zps2wrkopx6.png

here is a sneak peak. We are still working on it all.
In response to Avidanimefan
I don't really have any artwork to show off, sorry. I released the 'party system' I made some time ago and re-touched on this week, if you want to look at that as a grounds for what to expect.

As for information on the project, I would like to first state that I am not actively able to develop on any level, as I not only work 12-hour shifts(and was just moved to nights last month); but I have recently had my hours increased(as has everyone with my current role in the company). So I essentially get a day and a half off(which one of those is obviously spent getting life-affairs in order(ie:bills, food, repairs(car/house)) and the other is split between the computer, gaming, and my wife. I try to balance these, but usually spend most of my time focused on one.

Now that I forgot I was going to talk about the project;

I intended release of the project this year, two years ago. A lot happened and I wasn't able to work on the game/wasn't motivated to continue the game for about a year and a half. Over the last few months, I've been working on bits and pieces, even paying some people for some work. The game is a simple premise, save you're familiar with the 'game within a game' style(.Hack and Sword Art Online are the big two examples). The wanting behind this is the opening up to a utterly new world of possibilities in what can be done in lore-friendly manners. Of course, I don't have much of a lore for it. I actually plan on first releasing the core PvP aspect of it first, but I'll need artwork and various resources to work with. Just so I'm not overwhelming myself, that's the plan. I've paid for work in relation to this. I intended on a big-scale RPG game with everything you'd expect from a RPG, with the multiplayer aspect being as big a thought as the single player, but still being separate. As I came to have less and less time on my hands, and still struggling to gain resources, I decided to do the game in stages, focusing on key parts of the game, planning to make each piece a part of a big puzzle.

ie: The current goal in the main PvP attraction, then move on to another part(ie: probably a dungeon system, allowing co-op play), then the main juiced-up piece being the RPG single-player experience, to which I could then implement the other pieces and have the game I have wanted; RundleMent.

Hopes for better times ahead leave me longing for the chance to gain enough experience and resources(money, artwork, soundtrack, contractors for work) to actually complete what I had intended it to originally be. Of course, hopes are to keep it BYOND-based, but who knows how that'll turn out to be. I may end up attempting to convert the project out of DM, should I run into something I can't rightfully achieve.

Recently added this boss to my game.

and this guy is cool to.
That looks really good, Dante. The artstyle reminds me of what Lili and I had gotten done for Ugli forever ago. (:
Unfortunately no images yet since I've been really busy with work lately, but just wanted to take a minute to say I've designed the first member of the Hunger horde, sidewalks, and got the basic foundation for the wave/game system in.

Soon I should be able to do more work on projectiles, get waves fully up and running (although they will take a lot of time, and work to balance and perfect of course!), and then move on from there.

I'm going to focus on a wave based mode for now, but later I plan to do a campaign, and then hopefully other modes once the existing are well polished. We're a long way from that, but ambition is always nice right? More preview images, and maybe gifs to come soon!
In response to NNAAAAHH
That sounds pretty interesting. They say the best things take time. Ever consider doing small "micro" games that feature each of the systems you'd like to implement as the core mechanic? That way you can develop , experiment and fine tune.
In response to Oral123
Oral123 wrote:
Moon Fang Piercer of Heaven (getsuga tenshou), a game based on the manga Bleach.

Karakura Town (open in a new tab to view at full resolution)

(sorry for posting it again used delete key instead of edit... should probably start reading instead of clicking)

A few city building designs (open in new tab to view at full resolution).

Introducing a new update to "Dragons of the Balls"(A strict roleplay game based on the theology of Dragonball Z).

Most people are aware of the progress, some are not.. so just put it in the spotlight.

A new dragonball roleplay game is coming! #ANewEraForRP!

Dragons of the Ball

http://www.byond.com/games/HaxRp/DotBOfficial?tab=index
In response to HaxRp
Looks nice, get rid of the NU graphics though
NU art is so outdated it's ugly.
In response to Colesprite
Colesprite wrote:
Looks nice, get rid of the NU graphics though

Not a chance :) .
Appreciate the sorrow :) .
Yut Put wrote:
makes dragon ball z game on byond in 2015

uses the source of a naruto game

calls it "dragons of the balls"

sandbox rp

i am so sorry for you
Lmao -insert skull emoji-

That's whats wrong with byond. Can you not find a team and make original art (or codes for the matter, because it seems the rip codes is what started all this bad coding habbits within byond) without stealing, jesus. The thing is to rip and rename and hope no one notices.
Enjoy believing it's a rip. NU source yes, broken down to original coding and reformatted to fit a DBZ style. So original coding=yes.

As for art, hey, it's a working progress, what can I say?

THat isn't what's wrong with byond, what's wrong with byondi s that it's been 15 years, and we still aren't able to play on Mac. #Iwentthere.
Son my man, my nigga, my boo, babe, bae.

If it's original coding and "reformatted" to fit a DBZ style, then why say NU source?

You're killing your brand here.
Because I built/reformatted it from NU's source? I try to give credit to NU even though people are still butthurt that someone's reformatting a naruto game into a dbz one. but meh, can't please everyone *Shrugs*.
THat isn't what's wrong with byond, what's wrong with byondi s that it's been 15 years, and we still aren't able to play on Mac.

4.74% of the browser marketshare agrees with you.

In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
THat isn't what's wrong with byond, what's wrong with byondi s that it's been 15 years, and we still aren't able to play on Mac.

4.74% of the browser marketshare agrees with you.

How much money do you think would be needed to make it happen though. Sure it's 4.74%, but let's just fuck that for now, how much money do you think would need to be given to Lummox for him to throw that shit onto someone else and have them make it. I understand BYOND is hobbyist inside and out, so usually selling out isn't a thing for non-serious developers. Figure maybe $120k?

How much money has been put into BYOND since it's inception. Do you figure if it were matched it could happen?

Since this shit is hypothetical, because it's not going to happen, just what the fuck if.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 349 350 351