ID:2104096

BYOND Version:510
Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Web Browser:Chrome 51.0.2704.103
Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Descriptive Problem Summary: There's been three reports in the past week of a subscription not registering, though it doesn't happen 100% of the time. This occurs with both gift subscriptions and standard subscriptions. The subscription also doesn't register if the player relogs.

I can fix it by revoking their subscription and re-applying it.

The payment and everything else goes through okay, but the subscription doesn't register to the game. The players can also see that they're subscribed via the BYOND website.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:
1.) Subscribe to Eternia Roleplay
2.) Sometimes it'll subscribe fine, sometimes it won't

Does the problem occur:
Every time? Or how often? Sometimes
In other games? Unsure
In other user accounts? Yes
On other computers? Yes

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked?
This started happening about a week ago, and we did update from 510.1337 (I think) to the current Linux latest.

Workarounds:
If I manually revoke the subscription, save, add it back, save, then it fixes the issue for the player. But this is tedious since not all of them are going to report it.
Next time someone reports the issue have the person delete the files "sauth.txt" and "cauth.txt" from their BYOND cfg directory while not logged into the pager, then have then log back in.
Also, if you haven't restarted the game in a while you'll want to do that. The hub was recently updated and various functions seem to be iffy until the game is restarted.
Thanks. Will follow through with that and report back.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Next time someone reports the issue have the person delete the files "sauth.txt" and "cauth.txt" from their BYOND cfg directory while not logged into the pager, then have then log back in.

This corrects the issue when they try apply it, but rebooting has not helped. Had more users with the issue today and yesterday.
That indicates a problem with communication with the hub on some level. Lummox would have to get with you to figure out exactly where the failure is happening.
My subscription tab just vanished and hub no longer shows on the main page for "The Last Conflict".
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:
My subscription tab just vanished and hub no longer shows on the main page for "The Last Conflict".

Yeah, that's very strange. Not seeing a subscription option or a listing on the main page. TLC: http://www.byond.com/games/DarkerEmerald/TLC

Also, earlier today the Eternia server wasn't displaying on the hub, but a reboot fixed that. May be related.
Yeah I have no idea whats up at this point and to top it off the subscription system is not working so hopefully someone gets back to my email soon to fix it.
In response to Darker Emerald
Darker Emerald wrote:

Looks like you set the entry back to Unpublished, there's no record of a moderator doing it, so it was probably done by you on accident.

I was up a bit late editing the hub so that's most likely on my end. But thanks for getting on it and fixing it for me man.
This issue has not been reported since the weekend so maybe it's fixed itself. I'll bump this topic if there are any cases either way.