ID:21390

Saturday night I was at a Halloween party and decided to turn in early. The TV was showing a movie (I looked it up on the Sci-Fi Channel website and it turns out it was "Cabin Fever") so I watched a little before dozing off. And suddenly my amazing mental powers kicked in!

This is a bit indelicate, so if you're a minor, please stop reading. I guess it's also a movie spoiler, so there are two good reasons to just walk away now.

A scene comes up showing a guy and a girl in bed together. She's sleeping, and he starts caressing her. His hand moves lower and lower and soon slips under the blanket, which is at waist-level. As soon as this happened, I immediately knew what would come next. He would withdraw his hand from the covers and it would be bloody. And sure enough, that's exactly what happened!

There's more, too. Later in the movie, a guy stops at a corner store to ask for help. And I knew -- remember, this was without ever having seen the movie before -- that he wasn't going to get any help there! For a moment I was nonplussed when the store's proprietor had a reasonable conversation with him; but soon enough, things went south just as I had foreseen.

In conclusion: the movie wasn't nearly as scary as the awesome power of my mind!
I've actually felt this before. Kind of like Deja-Vu, but not at the same time.
Lol.. kinda easy to guess... but have you ever had a song pop up into your head right before you turn on the radio, and after you turn it on, it's the same exact song? It's happened to me ~3 times now... and the songs are not played more than 2 times/day on the station.
Well, it is not that weird Gughunter, that kind of stuff happens to me all the time. I get Deja-Vu like 100 times a day. Also, when I watch a movie, I know exactly what is going to happen next a majority of the time, even if I have never seen that movie before. The only reason I can guess this happens is because so many movies are the same. Nothing changes. The same crap happens over and over again and now it is so predictable. I have a cure though, watch The Depature. Everything is so unpredictable. You think you know what is going to happen at every turn, but at the end, you find out you were all wrong...such a great movie, it will boggle your mind.
I've predicted events films too- although it's more likely to do with the director's inability to innovate, I pretend at the time I have special powers. If you wow the people you're sitting with with your powers it offsets how angry they are that you spoiled the film for them. =P

King Gunnerblast- similarly to the radio, a couple of times I have been trying to find the definition of a word. I grab the nearest dictionary and absent mindedly open it at a random page, look down and notice it's at exactly the word I wanted. Cool and convenient!
I have a cure though, watch The Depature.

I searched Google for a movie called The Departure and found nothing! Now that's a twist ending! :)
<indelicacy style="kinda gross">
So basically it was that time of the month, he went to the store to get her some tampons like any whipped guy would, and they were out?
</indelicacy>
Mike H wrote:
<indelicacy style="kinda gross">
So basically it was that time of the month, he went to the store to get her some tampons like any whipped guy would, and they were out?
</indelicacy>

Don't lie, you were all thinking it!
It was indeed that time of the month... that flesh-eating virus time of the month!

But I think you may have hit upon what made that scene so predictable.
I am slightly confused as to how a virus can eat flesh. I know this might ruin a lot of good horror movies, but do they even bother to ask a medical professional before making movies these days?

<unsolicited attack on the movie>
I am not an M.D. or anything, but it seems to me that a virus, not being alive, would have a problem eating flesh. Sure, having a virus could dry out the skin from dehydration(Like when you get the flu) and clause bleeding(like a dried out lip), but I think the vaginal area would be one of the last areas affected.
</unsolicited attack on the movie>
Maybe it was actually flesh-eating bacteria. Or worse yet, microscopic flesh-eating gnomes!

Are those gnomes having microscopic flesh-eating tentacle sex?
Oh my God. My bad, Gughunter. I am an idiot. I got the title all wrong. The movie is called The Departed. It just came out. It was directed by the extremely talented, and famous (also one of the best directors in history), Martin Scorsese. The movie also has an extremely talented cast. The cast includes Matt Damon, Leonardo DeCaprio, Jack Nicholson, Mark Wahlberg, Martin Sheen, Alec Baldwin, Anthony Anderson, plus many, many others. This is a must-see movie. Currently a box office hit.
Thus, seconds before I die, you'll be able to tell me when I die!

You're hired!
There are lots of nasty flesh eating viruses. Or bacteria. Meh. I dunno.
my friend's dad had one
I am fairly sure those are bacteria. Bacteria is actually living, thus it can feast off human flesh. Viruses, however, are simple natural machines. Man people would actually be surprised at how simple viruses are if they looked into it.

It is, however, possible for a virus to cause severe skin damage from blowing up all the cells in the skin(that's how viruses "reproduce", they trick living cells into creating more of the virus). If the virus was specifically skin cell based and the body had no defences against it, it could "eat" the skin by blowing up cells faster than health ones can be created. Even still, I am uncertain if this has ever happened before, or if it is even possible.
DB: Have you ever seen John Carpenter's "The Thing"? Best virus movie ever! (The movie doesn't say it was a virus per se, but it's virus-like, at least.)

Cavern: Thanks for the pointer! I'll look into it. (I thought Alec Baldwin, Martin Sheen, and Matt Damon did a terrific job in Team America. :)
I think I did a while back, I really don't remember it. I am not much for horror movies anyways. Wasn't "The Thing" one of those low budget movies where you could tell that it was just some guy in a rubber suit... no wait, I am thinking of "The Blob". Those where simpler times...
The Blob was scary. >.> Atleast to me. Remember at the beginning when the kid takes the stick and pokes a slime ball and the blob climbs up it and takes over his hand? Also remember when the teenage guy and girl were in the car and the guy turns over the girl and her face is like squished in? Ewwwwww.
Page: 1 2