ID:23497

Well, my journey in wurm continues well.

I am no longer starving, as I taught myself how to cook, and built a large supply of meals.

My stats are going up steadily, with an exception of smithing and combat, as I can't rightly do either of those until I 1) find an iron vein behind my house 2) create a decent weapon. I've been mining into the mountain behind my shack for some time, and I've gotten about 110 rock shards deep into it, which is about 3 tiles, or 6 metres.

My main problem is time. This game takes a lot of time, and though I thought I could finish my stone wall around my land today, I failed to do that. I have 22 sections of wall surrounding my 6x4 plot of land (minus 2 for the front and side gate, of course), and only 11 are fully done, while 11 of them are 10% completed, which means I am 55% done with my wall.

I would have completed it, but I was starving for the first four hours of play, and my masonry and mining were fairly lower, meaning it was taking me longer to mine the rock and put the wall up.

As for the house itself, it's not built yet. I have a shack off to the side which is done, but the house just plain isn't started. I don't have the carpentry skill to build it.

I also spent a considerable ammount of time building up ingredients to cook with, and looking for some potatoes and cotton.

Significant achievements include making a fishing rod of almost 10 quality, and managing to fish myself up about 25 fish, and filleting half of them. So, basically, after I finished my fishing rod, things were good, and building continued as normal.

Now, the making of a frying pan was also pretty big today. I made a frying pan, but I didn't make a large anvil, which is required to make a frying pan. I had to borrow one. Now, I know what you are thinking, but it really was just borrowing it. I stuck the iron in my campfire, but it wouldn't stay malleable long enough to take the iron on a 15 minute walk to the large anvil that I had seen two days earlier, just sitting in a cave.

So, I hitched up my cart, and went down to the cave, and loaded up the anvil into it, then lugged the 50kg peice of junk back to my homestead. Which, was alltogether fun. Then, I made the frying pan, and took the anvil back down to the cave I found it in, and put it back safely.

It would have been so much easier to just steal it, because I need like, six more frying pans, and I haven't had time to make a forge on my property yet.

Tomorrow I plan to build the last 11 walls, make a bunch of real meals, and not just casseroles, and then start making a forge. I don't know if I'll finish it, but it'll be fun either way. Then, I'm going to start farming some potatoes once my property is fully enclosed, and start collecting lumber to build more planks for the BYOND village with.

Again, we have a group of 5 people who are currently looking to create a village, all from BYOND. Give WURM a shot, we really want to make a full village, it's a great game if you have a little patience, and like building things, meaning if you are here, you would probably like it. BYOND users are invited to give it a shot, and help us create a village.

http://www.wurmonline.com/

My username is Ter.
Check out the wurm wiki for prospecting guides on how to find iron. Randomly digging into a mountainside will rarely yield a vein!
I tried to play this game, but the installation doesn't work for me. :(
I know, you can only detect within 3 squares. I'm randomly digging for a reason, it's the nearest source of stone shards. =P

Peanut: Update your Java version to at least 1.4_02. My advice is update to the latest version at http://java.sun.com/
I actually really want to play this game now. Too bad this PC sucks and I can't get internet on my other - hopefully I'll get 'The Internet' for Christmas :-D.
I'm with Silent Sage and Karnlor in Wurm. We're going to start a settlement near the lakes adjacent to Gold Mountain.

My user is Aracoudious
Silent Sage is Lodewijk
Karnlor is Karnlor

Karnlor so far is the most powerful fighter of the three. Lodewijk is best at cooking, and I do all of the mining/smithing/healing... quite the task.
I've just started to cook for myself and I don't really have much of anything yet, but my in-game name is RobbyO and I'm willing to join the village.

It'll take me a few hours to get up to those lakes from Logan's Bridge, but I can make it there- where specifically near the lakes are you?
Karnlor, Darke, and myself are all on the northwestern coast. We'll be settling near the lakes as soon as our guide, as well as us, are on at the same time.
According to our guide, if you trek over the mountains, it will take only 1.5 hours to get to the lakes from New Town.
If you can climb the mtn.
This is the route I plan to take; I'm not going to risk trying to climb over the mountain.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4091/routesb5.png
Artemio wrote:
This is the route I plan to take; I'm not going to risk trying to climb over the mountain.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/4091/routesb5.png

Good luck with that. Lots of spiders in the forest. Goblins where we are too.

How Silent Sage, Karnlor and I got here was we pretty much hugged the coast. Some Bears did bother us, but most of the journey was safe.

Took us roughly 3 hours along that way though. If you're strong enough, then go ahead through the forest. Oh yeah, Karnlor also told me that he spotted a Dragon in that forest, so you're going to want to be careful.

D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
Took us roughly 3 hours along that way though. If you're strong enough, then go ahead through the forest. Oh yeah, Karnlor also told me that he spotted a Dragon in that forest, so you're going to want to be careful.

I asked a friend I met and she said that you can climb over the mountain but you're likely to fall a lot and take a bunch of damage, so I won't risk that. After showing her my route, she just told me to stick to the shoreline and avoid the forest until necessary, but I got lost trying to find an iron vein so I'm going to just find a nice cave to live out of for awhile so I can get better tools to live off of before I head over there.
Yes, I am trying to create myself a small home so that I can make better tools out of that before I go.

I've got it finished, just need some iron so I can make gate locks, and secure my property.
By the way, I'm working on a website for the group to communicate over, it's pretty snazzy thus far. Though, I crashed my webserver with a php infinite loop! =*(

I hope they don't revoke my hosting.
Ter13, what you did was a Denial of Service attack, which George Bush condemns as terrorism. Pretty ironic considering your job- you should invade yourself.
also nice CSS
Thorg is your new Wurm deity and you must build temples to him and lo what was said was done.
Wow, I'm a terrorist... WOW...

Eh, it was an accident, turns out that I didn't crash it, but the page just timed out before it could return, and php just timed out the page generation, so my browser just hung up for a while waiting.

Then, when i had thought I had fixed the php problem, I uploaded the wrong draft copy of the webpage and it still had the bug in it. I figured this out by trying to test my webpage on MY server. Heh, my server's MYSQL database is configured wrong, but it kind of works, so it was better than nothing.

I fixed it after a few minutes of scratching my head... I forgot this line of code: "$counter += 1;"

_< Dumbest scripting mistake EVAR!
I'd play, but both the computers available to me are 't3h sux' and lag like crazy when I finish loading.
Page: 1 2