ID:276306

I just noticed after being told by a girl, and looking at myself in some pictures that I look like a little kid! How am I suppose to get girls my own age looking like this? Any one else have this problem, or know what I can do to look my age?
1 word, beard.
In response to Worldweaver
Eww, you're joking. =/
In response to Digital Samurai
Get a scar man. Scars give character. Nothing says "MAN!" like a half moon scar under your eye from getting stabbed in the face with the butt end of an old rake. :)
In response to Koshigia
Koshigia wrote:
Get a scar man. Scars give character. Nothing says "MAN!" like a half moon scar under your eye from getting stabbed in the face with the butt end of an old rake. :)

Dear god I hope you're making that up...
In response to Shun Di
No, I'm really not. It's almost complete faded now. But it's definately a true story.
In response to Koshigia
The trcik is gettinh a cool looking scar..Like Squall's from FFVIII; otherwise it will degrade yer appearance...
Two words: Facial Hair.

One word: Earrings

If all else fails you could find a bunch of caterpillars and tape them under your nose. =D

~Maku
In response to Makubezu
how about those lick-n-stick tattoos? they used to be cool in middle school! :p

Possibly make them focus their attention on something else.
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
I could go for a scar like that :)

Battle wounds!
In response to Kunark
Heh, I've got tons from cats (wow, this so fits my name on the forums. :/)and stuff. I've got a weird scar that's like:

O
o
In response to Mecha Destroyer JD
Are you emplying that semi-circular scar is degrading? No, not in the least. It's the story behind how I got it that's degrading. I usually stick with just "I got stabbed", and leave it at that. But, you guys are "spe-shul"
In response to Koshigia
Woah, I should be getting alot more attention from girls if scar = cool + man.

I mean, I've had my stomach sliced open and my throat. There for I pwn you all.
In response to Smoko
Ouch. Yeah, man. I figure you could pick up at least one girl per scar per week.
In response to Digital Samurai
Moustache, then. One of those huge ones that you can twirl around your finger. If that doesn't attract the girls, nothing will!

(Note: I just lied.)

In the end, though, looks don't matter so much. Sure, they'll get you noticed at first, but there are other ways of getting noticed. Like being funny, or sensitive, or just plain going up and introducing yourself to people.

At least, that's what I tell myself... =P

If you really need to age yourself up, though, facial hair is the way to go. You don't need a fully-fledged beard... just stubble. Unless you're blond, in which case the stubble won't be very noticeable.
In response to Smoko
Nonsense, I have so many scars that I don't bother to keep track of them all. They are from burns, knives, miscellaneous pointy-gouging objects, and a fence.

The worst one, on my arm, I got from running full speed into a rusty ol' barbed-wire fence. Don't bother making jokes, it was very dark out and I couldn't see it. Anyway, I was in the middle of nowhere, so nobody would take me to a hospital to get stitches. It is now a huge thing, a quarter of an inch by an inch and a half and puffs up about an eighth of an inch. Now, the funny part of this is that some people I meet think it's from shooting myself up with drugs. -.-

On my right arm I have lots and lots of tiny scars going all up and down the lower half of it. I manave to always bump it or scrape it up against something, and that something is often sharp.

I now have two finger scars where a gouge of skin was cut out. The old one was from a knife while I was trying to cut wood. I got my other hand in the way just before the knife finally pulled through a tough spot and jerked forward and through me. Nasty thing, it bled all night long and completely soaked several paper towels with blood. The newer one I just made recently at work when a rusted shut deadbolt finally snapped back and caught another finger.

Just so many of them. I think I could compare to you easily. Now, on the other hand, whether that's a good thing or not... I'm not so sure they are all character adding.
In response to Loduwijk
I feel your pain, I was running along a parking lot before, looked back, and biffed a car's review-mirror thingie, taking it off, then I had to pay for it. :'( It left a huge indent of it on face which is highly visible.
In response to Crispy
I have looks, humor, and other nice traits... I just don't look my age.
In response to Loduwijk
The worst one, on my arm, I got from running full speed into a rusty ol' barbed-wire fence. Don't bother making jokes, it was very dark out and I couldn't see it.

Ow.

...That...you ARE a man. And you're suddenly a lot more attractive...