ID:28808

Poll: ATB or TB?

ATB 64% (11)
TB 35% (6)

Login to vote.

ATB (Active-Time Battle) or... CTB (Conditional Turn-Based). The ATB would be like FFX-2's and the CTB would be like FFX's. I'm asking because Oblivon_2 and I are preparing to make the battle system for our game, and he wants CTB, and I want ATB. Since you guys are the ones that will play it, we figured we'd let you decide. Happy voting!
It depends a little on the kind of game your going to have.

For me, it doesn't matter which kind of battle system you have since they both have their advantages and disadvantages.

Turn-based systems have time to discuss the play and can have different combination. Real-world system has more action since monsters jump onto you trying to kill you.

I say, just make it whatever you want. I'm sure no matter what system you choose, the game will be good anyways.
You have a good point, haha. I'm leaning towards the CTB, Conditional Turn-Based. It's exactly what Final Fantasy X had, which is totally my favorite battle system.

If we do get this, we'll even get the little turn table at the top right of the screen... He's deactivated voting or something stupid, so I can't tell people to vote for CTB. I have a plan though, so don't fret =D, we'll be getting CTB in no time.
The only problem with TB is that you may have that one Party Member who decides to take a 15-minute break on his turn.
Totally should be ATB.
Thanks for the votes and comments! I'll need to talk to Oblivon more, but I have the ATB system basically done. I made a demo where you and other two party members fight against an opponent. It seems to be working without bugs. I haven't made it on-screen yet, but I'll have that done by tonight. Thanks again for the support.
A little update: we decided to make monster battles ATB and boss battles CTB. This will allow you to fight faster, and give you the needed strategy against bosses. Be sure to post any suggestions or thoughts on this!
EDIT: Post the thoughts/suggestions in our newly added forums! (http://z4.invisionfree.com/macrpg/index.php?) XD
Ooo, I see you have forums. I will now click that link and make myself an account and help suggest and such to your forum because I am a very nice and awesome person. Anyone who follows me in doing this will also be very kind.

_>