ID:3027

Closing and reopening the active instance of Lua while executing a C function from within Lua code is not conducive to the stable functioning of the program that contains said C function, and may lead to stack underflows such as the one which caused a certain recent crash bug (now fixed) in a certain application.

Those of you who understood the above sentence may stop laughing at me now. =P
I think more people would get it if you likened it to sawing off a tree limb you were standing on.

That reminds me of one of my favorite Darwin awards. One would-be hardwood thief climbed into a tree and sawed off a branch, but he had the presence of mind not to saw off the branch he stood on. He wasn't so smart when it came to the limb directly above his head. Surprisingly, when he severed it, gravity won, and the heavy branch crushed him. Oops.
Heh. Your analogy is very apt. =)
"One would-be hardwood thief climbed into a tree and sawed off a branch, but he had the presence of mind not to saw off the branch he stood on. He wasn't so smart when it came to the limb directly above his head. Surprisingly, when he severed it, gravity won, and the heavy branch crushed him. Oops."
_>
Some people are idiots.