ID:33822

Keywords: byond, guild, new, original
I have made a new guild called BYOND Original. We will try and give you the best original games out there on BYOND. We accept all kinds of games and are welcome to hiring staff. If you would like to submit your game to use or would like to join the guild, just ask or join away!

I would like someone to do a CSS for the page as well for my webpage.
Can I join? I know my game is not 100% origional...And it uses some codes...but its mostely origional
Poal wrote:
Can I join? I know my game is not 100% origional...And it uses some codes...but its mostely origional

You cant even spell the word original, let alone make a game thats original.
Masterdan wrote:
Poal wrote:

You cant even spell the word original, let alone make a game thats original.

Well, Masterdan does has his strong points in that post. I will think about it.

You know...Never mind about joining...I ask and someone replies trying to make me look bad...Forget I ever asked...I don't want to be part of anything that has Masterdan in if thats how I get treated...
Poal wrote:
You know...Never mind about joining...I ask and someone replies trying to make me look bad...Forget I ever asked...I don't want to be part of anything that has Masterdan in if thats how I get treated...

I think you should be encouraged by the words he said, prove to him that you can make a game without using anything from anyone else. Prove to him that you can achieve where most have failed.

Umm...He calls my game unoriginal...But my game has been downloaded 1 time(time between now and 1 hour before I posted request)...And I downloaded it to check if it works...So how did he try my game?(1 time because I just put new version up)
Poal wrote:
Umm...He calls my game unoriginal...But my game has been downloaded 1 time(time between now and 1 hour before I posted request)...And I downloaded it to check if it works...So how did he try my game?(1 time becaue I just put new version up)

It's what you said. Read what you posted first before Mastadanny came.

Yes...But im just admiting the truth...I think people should look kindly on that instead of critisizing it...
True, but the count of original games on BYOND is hanging by a piece of string.
Also Halo:Traitors was my first game ever...I started it with someone's code and now I dont want to stop updating Halo:Traitors but the code is in their and it'd be hard to take it all out...It runs most of the game.
But look at everything origional in my game...Icons, ideas, codes...Only small parts(And shooting) and from someone elses coding...And if you look on BYOND...Most games are ripped, and others have mostely origional content and some borrowed code.
Poal wrote:
But look at everything origional in my game...Icons, ideas, codes...Only small parts(And shooting) and from someone elses coding...And if you look on BYOND...Most games are ripped, and others have mostely origional content and some borrowed code.

And why does that mean you have to be the same? All rips suck, no exceptions.
How about an original theme? Does that count? Besides, if its non-anime, chances are about 1000% better that it will be truely original.
Poal wrote:

lol
"And it uses some codes...but its mostely origional"

WOTSAMIRITE?
I'd like to join with my game. I haven't even tried advertising it yet, but people seem to like it.

http://games.byond.com/hub/Cthulh/BleachShinzui

It doesn't have 24/7 hosting, at least not yet, but I have some basic screenshots and info on the hub.
You can add http://games.byond.com/hub/DeathAwaitsU/Pebbles if you want. If I have to do something on my end, let me know.

I agree with Foomer that this should be original ideas, not just original programming/graphics/sounds/interface/maps.
Hmmm...Original ideas sounds good in theory, but technically everything's been done at least once over time.

If you mean an original idea on byond, technically you could just look in a book for an idea (such as LOTR) and just rip all your content from that. Hard to then justify making it original ideas only.

It would be interesting though. I mean, I'm currently on a production team working on a bleach game that looks good ideas-wise so far. We've tried to stray from the usual kinds, coming up with our own shikai's where possible and such, but like I said, you'll find every idea is technically done somewhere in the big wide world.

Oh, our code and such is original, but I'm not putting it on here just yet. Waiting till we have a proper version of it ready for testing.