ID:54797

Keywords: onepiece
Anyone know any good One Piece games?
No.
Once Piece Pirates Dream should be out sometime this summer. Considering it's been being worked on since 07 it shall be wonders.
Riku 123q wrote:
Once Piece Pirates Dream should be out sometime this summer. Considering it's been being worked on since 07 it shall be wonders.

No it won't. It started In January 06, and the owner provides little information on the games updates. It's not coming out anytime soon and I dont think that this should be the game that One Piece fans should wait for.

There currently are no One Piece games in production on BYOND.
Aww, :/ I was looking forward for good One Piece games, I just hope OPPD actually comes out any time soon.
I'm sorry to say it but I wouldn't hope too much.
Rugg wrote:
Riku 123q wrote:

No it won't. It started In January 06, and the owner provides little information on the games updates. It's not coming out anytime soon and I dont think that this should be the game that One Piece fans should wait for.

There currently are no One Piece games in production on BYOND.

Wow,The OWNERS even announced it should be out in summer.
He also does update logs. Thank you.
You mean those pointless "% of completion" things on the hub? What is he basing a 35% completion rate on?

The game is older than my time on BYOND. If you've cared to read the forums, the "updates" topic is 2 years old and is only 2 pages long (filled with mostly misc. posts.) I've been completely aware of this games progress and I'd have to say that it is moving at a rate that is not worth waiting for.

Hai Guyz I hab 35% complete game for to release in summer. Plx wait for the relase so we kan tell you in August that its been delayed to 2012, thnx u.

Plex continue to gib me GM on your gamz because ill eventualy return dah favor on mine when I mak it. <3 <3

Seriously though, never wait for a game to come out. Play and make games based on the assumption that the competition is only as complete as you've seen it personally. I used to when I was way younger wait for months for mods to come out and stuff like that. I learned very fast that if somebody moves like a slug at releasing a game, theres an huge chance of them losing interest over that period of time and quitting. I mean, if you are working on a game for 2 years to get it "35%" done, you think you are going to still want to work on it to the point that its 100% done? no.

So in conclusion, No i dont. I would love it if you or somebody you know would actually make a fangame for One Piece because it has room to be really good.
Masterdan wrote:
Hai Guyz I hab 35% complete game for to release in summer. Plx wait for the relase so we kan tell you in August that its been delayed to 2012, thnx u.

Plex continue to gib me GM on your gamz because ill eventualy return dah favor on mine when I mak it. <3 <3

Seriously though, never wait for a game to come out. Play and make games based on the assumption that the competition is only as complete as you've seen it personally. I used to when I was way younger wait for months for mods to come out and stuff like that. I learned very fast that if somebody moves like a slug at releasing a game, theres an huge chance of them losing interest over that period of time and quitting. I mean, if you are working on a game for 2 years to get it "35%" done, you think you are going to still want to work on it to the point that its 100% done? no.

So in conclusion, No i dont. I would love it if you or somebody you know would actually make a fangame for One Piece because it has room to be really good.

I would do a one piece game, but, I got no coder, mapper, and etc. No one wants to help.
I cant even begin to describe how hard It seems to me to be able to organize and manage and lead in a specific game design without having some sort of programming background myself. If you like the idea of making games your going to need to learn at least some basics about DM. Or else you are going to be facing an uphill battle at making a game. Unless of course you are SO good at making graphics that you set out to create an entire turf-set for the game, do the base icon and overlay/skill graphics yourself as well as the GUI and set out to do a lot of the mapping yourself.

Theres no way you can get away with just doing overlay graphics or something and take a role as substantial as game maker. However crazier things have happened.

First thing though, a convincing goal or dream. A well thought out structure for a game, and that does not mean "I want to make a Onepeice game" it means having a detailed and plausible structure for a game and having the management skill to know exactly what to delegate to get a project going without wasting your teams time.
Masterdan wrote:

I will say this... NO. Never.
One Piece is not like a lot of other Shounen anime/manga, it does not have a lot of fighting, nor does it have any form of "power levels". One Piece is about awesome adventures, friendship, and manliness, not fights and getting stronger.

One Piece would not work as something like a RPG, especially not a multiplayer one for a lot of reasons.
It could work as an action based game, like a fighting game, but BYOND cannot effectively make those types of games anyway.

Also, One Piece is one of the only good shounen manga series, people would only defile it by making a crappy BYOND game of it.
The Magic Man wrote:
Masterdan wrote:

I will say this... NO. Never.
One Piece is not like a lot of other Shounen anime/manga, it does not have a lot of fighting, nor does it have any form of "power levels". One Piece is about awesome adventures, friendship, and manliness, not fights and getting stronger.

One Piece would not work as something like a RPG, especially not a multiplayer one for a lot of reasons.
It could work as an action based game, like a fighting game, but BYOND cannot effectively make those types of games anyway.

Also, One Piece is one of the only good shounen manga series, people would only defile it by making a crappy BYOND game of it.

After seeing how the upates were going in OPPD. I had no idea what the fuck they were talking about. I decided to study up on one peice. Since 1 chapter is filled with about 50 pages I will start reading it everyday. :O
You know what could be good for this? A forums RPG. I've worked along side other forums RPG and such.

I might plan one out, and design it with some friends.
Cellzer wrote:
You know what could be good for this? A forums RPG. I've worked along side other forums RPG and such.

I might plan one out, and design it with some friends.

I have one of those, trust me it takes it a good while to get popular.
Hey everybody was shown this topic and asked to reply. So let me say first, that One Piece is a great anime and deserves a great game, and unlike most other anime it screams at the possibility of a good RPG, because of the aspect of adventuring and such. I feel that it doesn’t make it less possible, but more possible, and that’s what I want to achieve with OPPD.
Second let me say, I started OPPD out of curiosity and continued it as a hobby. I didn’t expect it to pick up as much wind as it did. I’m not saying I don’t care about the people who want it come out, and am in no way taking advantage as proposed earlier. It’s because they do want it to come out that I’ve continued it as long as I did, and me and the staff do work on it and hope to release it when we can.
OPPD started out with me, containing practically no knowledge of anything DM wise at the time. Things gradually picked up in course, I learned a lot from working on it, in fact I still do, and I also obtained a great staff that I’m glad to associate with. OPPD does move slowly and that is my fault, but when it comes down to it, it’s just a game. I don’t plan to hold back anyone who tries to make one themselves, nor do I want to attain some sort of attention by releasing it. So let me apologize, and I’ll try to make sure that it doesn’t turn out like Duke Nukem, but feel free to do what you want as I do.
Charlesg154 wrote:
Hey everybody was shown this topic and asked to reply. So let me say first, that One Piece is a great anime and deserves a great game, and unlike most other anime it screams at the possibility of a good RPG, because of the aspect of adventuring and such. I feel that it doesn’t make it less possible, but more possible, and that’s what I want to achieve with OPPD.
Second let me say, I started OPPD out of curiosity and continued it as a hobby. I didn’t expect it to pick up as much wind as it did. I’m not saying I don’t care about the people who want it come out, and am in no way taking advantage as proposed earlier. It’s because they do want it to come out that I’ve continued it as long as I did, and me and the staff do work on it and hope to release it when we can.
OPPD started out with me, containing practically no knowledge of anything DM wise at the time. Things gradually picked up in course, I learned a lot from working on it, in fact I still do, and I also obtained a great staff that I’m glad to associate with. OPPD does move slowly and that is my fault, but when it comes down to it, it’s just a game. I don’t plan to hold back anyone who tries to make one themselves, nor do I want to attain some sort of attention by releasing it. So let me apologize, and I’ll try to make sure that it doesn’t turn out like Duke Nukem, but feel free to do what you want as I do.

A word from Charles, good to hear about that.

I understand your a slow worker, and that will anger some people who are impatient. But I hope the game comes out really good.
one thing to say rugg dont be a bi*** dont make ppl feel bad its going to come out soon any way. and ppl that say its coming out soon it will just wat a long time
Cellzer How do i get in the game Rise of the pirates. It ask's for a password when you open it . What do i Do ?