ID:90797

Keywords: apple, ipad
Steve Jobs used "revolutionary" to describe his company's newest device Wednesday. Does anybody else think this is completely retarded besides me? There's no difference from it than the iTouch other than the overall size. Here's a few quotes I'd like to share from Steve Jobs:

"You can change the background to any picture you want" (..just like the iTouch)

"What this does is extraordinary. You can browse the internet. It's phenomenal to see the whole web page right in front of you." (..just like the iTouch)

"And you can turn iPad any way you want. Up, down side ways. It will adjust" (..just like the iTouch)

And throughout the whole explanation, the crowd is just silent. After explaining something that's "phenomenal", you'd think the crowd would clap or make some type of acknowledgment, but the whole crowd has nothing to say. I'm not impressed at all. I currently own an iTouch, and the only thing that makes the iPad different than the iTough is its size.

If you want to watch the video, click here.
"You can change the background to any picture you want" (..just like the iTouch)

...if it's jail broken.
The iPad looks downright awesome, but there's a single dealkiller for me.

I would get it (or probably two for my two older kids) for school work, as their classroom has many online activities that need to be done every week. However, the majority of these applications use Adobe Flash... and the iPad will not support it.

Honestly, millions of us are already iPhone addicts... the iPad will probably sell in the millions as well. But I would contend that the iPod would sell over 10 million it has supported Flash.
Bootyboy wrote:

I would get it (or probably two for my two older kids) for school work, as their classroom has many online activities that need to be done every week. However, the majority of these applications use Adobe Flash... and the iPad will not support it.

Honestly, millions of us are already iPhone addicts... the iPad will probably sell in the millions as well. But I would contend that the iPod would sell over 10 million it has supported Flash.

This was one of my problems with it as well. It seems as though they were trying to make something as sophisticated as a laptop, and as portable as an iPod, but didn't quite make it.

They had a good idea going, but they didn't 'woo' me over with it. If the iPad had a significantly different overview with new features, I would probably buy one. But from what I've seen, I'm not convinced enough.
Looks just like everything else Apple have made.
Overpriced, underwhelming but will sell like crazy because it has i infront of it's name and Apples logo on it.
The Magic Man wrote:
Looks just like everything else Apple have made.
Overpriced, underwhelming but will sell like crazy because it has i infront of it's name and Apples logo on it.

Suddenly I'm reminded of Superhero Movie, which has the iDrink and the iPick.

--

Apple sent me an email about this, new revolutionary product. Yeah... no. I've got my iTouch, I'm content.
http://www.byond.com/members/TheMagicMan/files/ipad_cp.jpg

I am still waiting for Apple to say the iPad is a joke.
They actually invented a shrink ray, and the iPad in that picture is actually an iPhone, with a shrunken guy holding it.
Tiberath wrote:
Apple sent me an email about this, new revolutionary product. Yeah... no. I've got my iTouch, I'm content.

I get advertised for the iPad through email, iTunes, Safari web browser, and even my iTouch. Are they that desperate for attention? My iTouch gets the job done, so I don't need to upgrade to a ventee.

iPad needs to be that straight edge laptop, they didn't make it there now did they, Cyberlord34 (Dark Prince X).
Bootyboy wrote:

No, the problem is that it's running iPhone OS.

Jeff8500 wrote:
Bootyboy wrote:

Specifically, Safari (and a few other browsers from the App Store) do not support Flash.

Are there any jailbroken browser apps that'll run flash apps?

Bootyboy wrote:
Jeff8500 wrote:
Bootyboy wrote:

Specifically, Safari (and a few other browsers from the App Store) do not support Flash.

Are there any jailbroken browser apps that'll run flash apps?

No, it's kind of upsetting, but it seems pretty difficult to port flash to a mobile phone, just because of screen size and the keypad. Regardless, I said iPhone OS as a whole just because it's made for a phone, not anything bigger or more powerful. Even now, the OS has some huge flaws, like so much extra, unused RAM, which only developers willing to cut their market in half (yeah, not going to happen) and jailbreakers can use.
iPotato
u must of got that stupid email from itunes
TAC0_MAST3R wrote:

What stupid email?
Legendary Prince 12 wrote:
TAC0_MAST3R wrote:

What stupid email?

Cyberlord this is about the 14th alt you have.
Bobbyawesome wrote:
Legendary Prince 12 wrote:
TAC0_MAST3R wrote:

What stupid email?

Cyberlord this is about the 14th alt you have.

@me: NECROPOST

Bobbyawesome, you've got to be the biggest hypocrite I've ever met. Just shut up, and go crawl back into your hole.