http://files.byondhome.com/TheMagicMan/protohype3.png

One more prototype and an example. Still not sure what this could be, but I think I like it.
LOL empirez got me rolling on the ceiling xD
In response to Bandock
Hmm if only they made a port for all previous nintendo titles available for the pc & or nintendo consoles...
Couple more animations
A more appealing version of the stars with region-based screen clearing as well as additive/subtractive clearing. GooberDM's currently using a 64-color palette which means there's not a lot of in-between colors to work with (each color channel has four tones).
I'm giggling with excitement for this.
Looks like you have some layering tweaks to work out :D
Well yeah. Easy Fixes

Just a gif of me derping around. I'm taking some time to clean up the way projectiles are handled so that they can be a little more flexible and simple. I actually like how enemies look now without being drawn on a higher layer. I'll keep it like that for awhile. I have some effects i want to polish up in the meantime, too.

feed and weed, yo.
I've been in the dark for awhile with this, just because I want to keep the game as a hobby job and not put added pressure to it, but I like to share once and awhile.

http://imgur.com/7fuEpxm

A very small animation in the works, this comes with some new things... what could they be? What could be in store? WHO IS TO BLAME!? WHY IS THE RUM GONE!?!!!!
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
I've been in the dark for awhile with this, just because I want to keep the game as a hobby job and not put added pressure to it, but I like to share once and awhile.

A very small animation in the works, this comes with some new things... what could they be? What could be in store? WHO IS TO BLAME!? WHY IS THE RUM GONE!?!!!!

fixed.
Oh? Kumo is posting again now too? Well, damn. Guess it's my turn too. Below is a super basic demonstration of the skills I've been working on. Each one was auto created for testing, because most skills are player generated. Skills will have different sizes, speeds, colors, and/or effects and types all based off what data chips the players compile together to create them.

I threw in a super basic physical combat and grapple demonstration too, though none of those combos show a knock down. Physical combat will also get more interesting once its techniques are developed too. I'll be starting a proper dev log post about it all once I finish a bit more too.
In response to Pixelcomet
Pixelcomet wrote:
I'm giggling with excitement for this.

animate that dragon head water fall
I just posted my first BYOND game!

http://www.byond.com/games/Foogimicester/MainStreet

Hosting is not 24/7 right now because it is just in Alpha but please check it out and give it a play if it is being hosted.

In response to Hebrons
I think this comment (unknowingly to its author) is a bigger deal than it seems. "Animate that dragon head waterfall" seems like such a random mundane request, but it's honestly the tiny bits of polish like this that create a real breathing world around you. It's the reason why I keep coming back to WoW year after year, despite the fact that gameplay only barely interests me anymore, the care, attention and detail that has gone into creating Azeroth is just, fantastic.

Please make sure you leave at least a sizeable chunk of dev time on polish. As much as I know you guys are eager to get it out there, if you spent just a few weeks going over those tiny details and adding the "That'd be neat" tid bits all around the place. Random interactions between things, different animations. Heck even just create a few special animations for things that play infrequently. Tiny details like that will honestly do wonders for your game, and you want these to be ready for release, not after. It's important to have these details for first time playthroughs, because people won't play through the game again just to see them added.

Don't sit on anything static and think "That'll do". Go above and beyond. Got glass windows? Make characters have reflections in them. Got plants outside? Make them infrequently wave in the wind. Just a handful of quick and easy animations. It will be so ridiculously worth it. Got a small pond? Maybe occasionally a small frog hops out for a moment before dipping back in. Ishuri you play League, you know how even the random details like the duck in river or the owl near red buff on top side, they just make the game feel so much more alive and less gamey.
In response to Rushnut
Rushnut wrote:
you know how even the random details like the duck in river or the owl near red buff on top side

I personally appreciate the amount of effort they put into defining Miss Fortune's two big personalities.

Yasssss.
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:

http://imgur.com/7fuEpxm

I love that movie.

@kumorii Who's kett?

In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
feed and weed, yo.

wise words to live by
In response to Hebrons
Given this appears to be a crystal themed boss, with blue and pink crystals, I'd argue the "waterfall" is just purple crystallised water, hence why it's motionless.
In response to Foogimicester
I would love something like this c:
Page: 1 2 3 ... 223 224 225 226 227 ... 349 350 351