ID:1339717

We've been pumping out artwork and concepts for OoA!, an upcoming zombie game, and we haven't really been collecting anything from the community.

I've been researching outside, just reading articles and such, but I honestly wanna know what everyone would like to see in a zombie game from artwork, to gameplay.
Depends what your vision is.

I myself don't like shoot em up zombie games since the shooter market is saturated and shooters are only fun if the enemies are face-rapingly-face which is literally against what zombies represent if you're into that whole deeper meaning crap.

If you make zombies actually a threat but not because they're too fast to actually handle but because there's so many would probably be refreshing. Focusing on getting loot and avoiding the hordes, etc.
gore, and outweighing odds.
Uh... sure... could you describe what YOU want this game to be before having others try and throw ideas? As I said my personal preference and I'm unsure what your game is supposed to be described as other than "zombie game".
I want to play a zombie game that is really realistic, the kind of realism that gives you an intimidating feeling with every building you enter, or every corner you turn. I want to be able to take full advantage of the environment -- when ever I'm OoA!(pun intended) I should be able to pick up scraps of broken wood and use it as a weapon to stab zombies. Being able to injure different organs of the body would be nice, too; there's nothing better than shooting a zombie in the head.

tl;dr A really nice, open-world sandbox zombie game would be nice.
Maybe a zombie game where you can play as a zombie. And I mean actually play as one, not you turn into one upon death or through the virus. You can start as a zombie, level up, and gain new abilities ( or "mutations" can be the names for abilities for zombies ) just like the humans would. You can gain experience by consuming lesser zombies, destroying buildings and other objects, and infecting the human players.
UPD4T3 wrote:
I've been researching outside, just reading articles and such, but I honestly wanna know what everyone would like to see in a zombie game from artwork, to gameplay.

I want to see a zombie yank out it's large intestine and lasso players and drag them away. Do this, and I'm sure people will throw money at you.
In response to Mordasius
Mordasius wrote:
I want to see a zombie yank out it's large intestine and lasso players and drag them away. Do this, and I'm sure people will throw money at you.

I second this.
In response to Mordasius
The Smoker from Left 4 Dead is like this I think.
I think it would be cool to have zombies that are basically immortal. I kind of like the concept of them already being dead, therefore they cannot really die. So if a zombie loses its arm, it either just picks it up and puts it back on, or preferably each part stays separate and eventually regenerates into a complete clone that's even stronger than the original. It doesn't matter how small the pieces of the zombie are. Each one will try to come after you as it regenerates.

This means attempting to fight a zombie will only give you some time to escape, before it comes back even stronger or multiplies.

Zombies could even fuse together by combining extra arms, legs, and heads, to an unlimited degree. These would be placed randomly, not in any orderly looking fashion, and obviously would result in a much stronger zombie.

Also, some sort of device could be placed on the zombie to temporarily give you complete control over its actions, so that you could use it to your advantage. Of course, it would require that you get dangerously close.

I can't think of a game that's even remotely like this, and I'm sure it could be fun. Zombies in FPS games are just way too weak. Those kinds of attacks shouldn't even really affect them. Fighting should almost be futile, and your chance of survival should seem quite low.
If you create a good zombie game, I guarantee you you'll get a lot of players.

But you have to design the aspects of your game first, will it be an Open-World? Rounds? By the way, if you finally create the game, please make zombies slow and lethal. I'm getting really tired of watching movies and playing games with unrealistic zombies that are fast as hell and don't look like zombies.

Good luck ^^
An objective that is something more than "here are zombies, shoot them" or "here are zombies, don't die".
In response to The Magic Man
The Magic Man wrote:
An objective that is something more than "here are zombies, shoot them" or "here are zombies, don't die".

Here are zombies, play patty-cake and hopscotch with them.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Maybe a zombie game where you can play as a zombie. And I mean actually play as one, not you turn into one upon death or through the virus. You can start as a zombie, level up, and gain new abilities ( or "mutations" can be the names for abilities for zombies ) just like the humans would. You can gain experience by consuming lesser zombies, destroying buildings and other objects, and infecting the human players.

Oh dear you just inspired me, and I was enjoying Payday 2 so much aswell. :(

Oh well time to start up DM.
@Magnum2k: That's essentially what I was going for, with the release of "The Last of Us" the idea of being low on ammo, and utilizing the world around me has been such a big portion of what's going into the development in this.

With the side-scroller perspective it's going to be tricky but I personally agree with this. I want this game to be intense, not one of those "breeze through it" games, and as environmentally versatile as possible.

@Empirez: I honestly expected you to mention something about Naruto, thank god. Your idea is pretty awesome, I've been dwelling on the idea of people suffering for playing poorly and turning into zombies permanently after losing their life in-game.

Maybe after the tutorial you can choose whether or not to become a zombie, some sort of ultimatum. But that would be in a much later update.

@The Magic Man: Exactly.
In response to UPD4T3
UPD4T3 wrote:
@Empirez: I honestly expected you to mention something about Naruto, thank god.

Oh right, thanks for reminding me.

Add some zombie frogs as well.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
UPD4T3 wrote:
@Empirez: I honestly expected you to mention something about Naruto, thank god.

Oh right, thanks for reminding me.

Add some zombie frogs as well.

Cars, Free-Roam, Scavenging, ability to make bases(Safe Houses), hard-to-find items(sort of like guns), and the ability ti find items in locations that make sense(i.e. find guns in a police department)
Deleted character upon death.
Page: 1 2