Use F1. If you read the original post in this thread it explains the new features, just look them up in the reference.
You can find some interesting examples that were made with the animate() proc here!

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1376026

Some of the people have shared the codes too.
Thanks Guys
Having trouble with the transform var..
In response to Anime HQ
Anime HQ wrote:
Having trouble with the transform var..

This isn't a help thread. Go post on the relevant subforum.
Download the latest Dream Maker version; transform,alpha and animate() should be documented. Press F1 and type in the search bar: transform , it should be explained and it actually has some examples of how to use it.

If you're using the older Dream Maker versions, these will not work.
That awkward moment when you revive your singular 6-year-old laptop with a little hardware repair, and update from 498.xxx to 501.1214.

Thank you guys for continuing doing what you do.
I for one do not enjoy the fact that I now have to sit through ads any time I want to play a game, and am doubly pissed that certain games that I used to play just fine without updating now force me to do so if I want to resume playing it.

I understand that a free service needs some way to maintenance itself by using ad revenue, but this is just dirty. If I want to drown myself in ads, I'll spend a day flipping through youtube videos.
In response to 4EvarKnight
You can buy a membership and remove the ads.

I deeply apologize to you and the games that you play, that BYOND decided to add some new awesome features in v500. They work very hard with little income to keep this alive so that games can keep being made.
Oh, and don't blame BYOND for making you update. You only have to update to play games that have been compiled in v500 - so really, the blame goes to the people who work on those games.

Now, if you have any more assumptions on how things are working, please throw them out so they can be resolved.
In response to Albro1
Albro1 wrote:
You can buy a membership and remove the ads.

I deeply apologize to you and the games that you play, that BYOND decided to add some new awesome features in v500. They work very hard with little income to keep this alive so that games can keep being made.
Oh, and don't blame BYOND for making you update. You only have to update to play games that have been compiled in v500 - so really, the blame goes to the people who work on those games.

Now, if you have any more assumptions on how things are working, please throw them out so they can be resolved.

You sounded irritated by that guys comment? Not surprising, there was a bit of a [insert word I can't think of here] post.
In response to 4EvarKnight
4EvarKnight wrote:
If I want to drown myself in ads, I'll spend a day flipping through youtube videos.

Well, we are just doing the same thing as youtube, albeit on a much smaller scale. Fact is, it is very difficult to make money off a free product, and we do need money to continue development here.

I don't like ads either, but we've tried so many approaches and nothing has brought in any real income (I have posted on our business woes elsewhere, but in a nutshell the issues come down to us not having established a viable revenue stream from the outset). I feel like we aren't asking all that much since users have (and will always have) the option to keep things free and the ad-removal fee is pretty small at $24/year. If we are unable to sustain this model, then at some point we will have to close down BYOND and, although games will continue to exist (we will always ensure that), they won't be as accessible without the various hub features.

Hopefully that clarifies our position. I promise you, we elected to go with this out of necessity rather than greed, with the contingency that keeping BYOND afloat is a necessity.
Wow, some of the games I've seen have really stepped up the whole production value end of things!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
4EvarKnight wrote:
If I want to drown myself in ads, I'll spend a day flipping through youtube videos.

Well, we are just doing the same thing as youtube, albeit on a much smaller scale. Fact is, it is very difficult to make money off a free product, and we do need money to continue development here.

I don't like ads either, but we've tried so many approaches and nothing has brought in any real income (I have posted on our business woes elsewhere, but in a nutshell the issues come down to us not having established a viable revenue stream from the outset). I feel like we aren't asking all that much since users have (and will always have) the option to keep things free and the ad-removal fee is pretty small at $24/year. If we are unable to sustain this model, then at some point we will have to close down BYOND and, although games will continue to exist (we will always ensure that), they won't be as accessible without the various hub features.

Hopefully that clarifies our position. I promise you, we elected to go with this out of necessity rather than greed, with the contingency that keeping BYOND afloat is a necessity.

I still think placing ads on the pager system would be a better choice - although silent non video ones - and if you're a guest you watch the current video-ads that one gets before game connection currently.

I'll be honest and say I didn't do any real research into this topic but I assume videos pay more than simple image-ads would? If that's the trade off, I think having ads cycle through the pager as images or silenced videos (with the option to raise the volume or play it like many ads do) would probably generate more ads seen.

I'm curious if pager ads ever on the table?
In response to Jittai
Jittai wrote:
I still think placing ads on the pager system would be a better choice - although silent non video ones - and if you're a guest you watch the current video-ads that one gets before game connection currently.

I'll be honest and say I didn't do any real research into this topic but I assume videos pay more than simple image-ads would? If that's the trade off, I think having ads cycle through the pager as images or silenced videos (with the option to raise the volume or play it like many ads do) would probably generate more ads seen.

I'm curious if pager ads ever on the table?

Ads ON the pager? We had that during the private beta. It was removed prior to it going public. They apparently brought in nothing.
That's kind of weird? Do the adds on the site also bring in nothing then?
In response to Jittai
More than the pager ads did, clearly.
The ads on the pager were seen by a very small group of users (all of the mods plus like 5-10 other people, I guess), so I dunno if they calculated how much it'd be if every user of BYOND was using the page, or what.
Nice.
In response to Omdazydazy
Omdazydazy wrote:
Nice.

Was that comment worth reviving a six month old thread?
Page: 1 2 3 4 5