ID:161775

Any way that I can disable players from using '.configure delay' in the command text bar? Because they set it to 999999999 and abuse NPCs. Lol.
Takoma wrote:
Any way that I can disable players from using '.configure delay' in the command text bar? Because they set it to 999999999 and abuse NPCs. Lol.

Remove the command text bar?
Use macros for verbs instead.
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Takoma wrote:

They can still get into the command line by right clicking the window in the task bar.
In response to Flame Sage
Flame Sage wrote:
Foomer wrote:
Takoma wrote:

They can still get into the command line by right clicking the window in the task bar.

Ah man, more stupid ways to abuse the system that I didn't know about. I wish they'd get rid of these.
In response to Foomer
So no known ways huh? :/
In response to Takoma
How do they 'abuse' NPCs?
In response to Scizzees
Scizzees wrote:
How do they 'abuse' NPCs?

This is the question I think we all want to know. More reason to remove NPCz.
In response to Latoma
Maybe, maybe not, is the NPC he is talking about just one that stands still or one that is AI or is it just bad programming? Thats basically what I was asking :P.

It's just weird that you can "abuse" npcs by configuring your network delay.
All that command should be doing is increasing the 'lag' players get, meaning you move around much more slowly and whatnot.

The only thing I could possibly think of that could be causing this is a timing issue. Hmm.

The network delay should be server-controlled anyway. Let's make a suggestion...

-- Data
In response to Scizzees
They spam buy items. I made a var to prevent +layer from talking to NPCs twice, so they can't spam windows and stuff, but changing the delay, somehow they manage to go around the var check and spam buy items. Something like that, I haven't tested it myself, I got reported this bug.
In response to Takoma
Maybe you should test it yourself, then, because .configure delay seems to be entirely client-side and should have no effect here.