In response to Dubious Game Studios
Dubious Game Studios wrote:

Coming Soon!

This game isn't being developed on BYOND, but I still feel like I should share it to the community, as I've been around a long time and know a lot of you!

Any sneak peaks?
In response to Vegeta ssjj2
Join discord or follow us on social media, we'll be revealing some sneak peaks soon.

Going to start regularly uploading small clips of gameplay and development stuff. Consider this the first of many!
A little update on Transcend:

Working on a BYOND demo for everyone to play and help me test what I have so far. If interested, follow the game's hub here on BYOND.

http://www.byond.com/games/ExentriksGaming/TranscendT

In response to Exentriks Gaming
faster
In response to RiceINF
RiceINF wrote:
faster

It's only slow in the .gif. The program I use to record gifs, slows down when you have too much on the screen. In-game it is faster.
No I mean, develop the game faster :( I have my pitchfork ready. I think your game is beautiful.
In response to RiceINF
RiceINF wrote:
No I mean, develop the game faster :( I have my pitchfork ready. I think your game is beautiful.

Oh haha thank you. I can only go so fast, unfortunately. I am in no hurry though, I still really enjoy working on Transcend. I'd rather take a while and make one decent game, than rush it and make a game I wouldn't enjoy.

But the first few chapters will be out soon-- it should give you the gist of Transcend and what it's all about.
Exentriks Gaming wrote:
A little update on Transcend:

Working on a BYOND demo for everyone to play and help me test what I have so far. If interested, follow the game's hub here on BYOND.

http://www.byond.com/games/ExentriksGaming/TranscendT

I thought the game died....

Looks epic keep up the good work :)

The guy moves too slowly for how the run animation feels. The movespeed should be like 50% or 100% faster.

Also the impact of the spear doesn't exactly feel very connected to the puff of dust that it gives off. I think additional particles can sell the effect better.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R
D4RK3 54B3R wrote:
The guy moves too slowly for how the run animation feels. The movespeed should be like 50% or 100% faster.

This is how fast the running is in-game. It just looks slow in the previous gif.

Also the impact of the spear doesn't exactly feel very connected to the puff of dust that it gives off. I think additional particles can sell the effect better.

If you are talking about adding more blood particles when he gets hit--I went ahead and added more particles and I really like the results; thank you.

@Ter12
Really appreciated! I will work hard so it doesn't.
Yut Put wrote:
http://www.strawpoll.me/13637962

Oasis isn't a name I've heard for a bit, I remember him working on it.
Man. Whenever I feel the game might become an indie statistic, you come back and wow me. You motivate me to keep truckin', mate. Keep up the good work. I'll definitely be playing the demo and passing it off to my own fans as well.

sorry for the quality, but giant feeder variants are a thing.
Nothing crazy special, but here's some game play footage Lilius recorded/edited for Beware of the Weredude. The footage highlights a 2v1 and a short 3v1 with the Weredude.

Our test sessions have been running rather late everyday for the past few days although last night it was so late that I was falling asleep at the keyboard. I'll be pushing today's tests to a firm 5:30pm EST and won't be starting not a minute later!

Feel free to join the discord if you'd like to be part of the action(https://discord.gg/hUTfqG). The patch tested tonight includes new items, the ability to spectate and QoL changes like making the caves less narrow. Although what I am especially excited for is the hp pool buffs across the board and Weredude buffs making fights last longer.

Cheers

Feed is king.
In response to D4RK3 54B3R

D4RK3 54B3R wrote:

Playing around with shadow geometry and softened shadow edges.
I'm not actually computing accurate shapes of the umbra and penumbra here though.

With a few different light sources of different colors.

Before, the shadows were merely approximate shapes made from a single piece. Now these shadows are made up of 3 pieces for a more accurate approximate shape.
To correctly and accurately show the penumbra, umbra, and antumbra, shadows would need to be made up of 12 different pieces. I don't think it's feasible :[

New library tease:
pif_Random

New(_seed = null)
// Generates a new /pif_Random object and sets the seed value. If null, the implementation decides
// how to generate a seed value.

proc
Seed()
// Outputs the seed value.

Reset()
// Restarts the PRNG with the given seed.

Step()
// Steps to the next iteration of the PRNG.

GetInt(min, max)
// Gets an int between min and max. By default, these are the largest and smallest integers that
// BYOND can store accurately.

GetBits(n)
// Gets a specified number of bits.

GetFloat()
// Gets a float between 0 and 1.

GetBool()
// Gets a boolean value.

NextInt(min, max)
// Calls Step() and then GetInt(min, max)

NextBits(n)
// Calls Step() and then GetBits(n)

NextFloat()
// Calls Step() and then GetFloat().

NextBool()
// Calls Step() and then GetBool().
Started on this today.

Page: 1 2 3 ... 294 295 296 297 298 ... 349 350 351