ID:259612

To make it possible to drag from one panel to another, how about dropping over the title tab counts as dropping in the panel for over_location?
Lesbian Assassin wrote:
To make it possible to drag from one panel to another, how about dropping over the title tab counts as dropping in the panel for over_location?

Neat idea! I'll List it. I'm hoping that for this next release we'll actually be able to support multiple stat panels on the screen, but we'll see. Unfortunately, it's moving along at a snail's pace right now, bah.
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Unfortunately, it's moving along at a snail's pace right now, bah.

Gah!
In response to Maz
Well, a snail's pace is practically faster than the completion time of many announced BYOND games, so we should be happy. And anyone who has suffered lovely snails know how fast (relatively) they can move in a day.

But then again, you should take my comments with a grain of salt.

splattergnome
the gnome with the off-topic replies
In response to Maz
Maz wrote:
Tom wrote:
Unfortunately, it's moving along at a snail's pace right now, bah.

Gah!

Meh! Feh!

(What other non-vulgar three letter words are there to express distaste? =))
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:

Ugh, gag, and "no vote from me, Mr. Clark!"?
In response to splattergnome
*Tosses his grain of salt on a snail, killing it.*
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Meh! Feh!

Grr ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
Seh Feh Seh Fah!!!
In response to splattergnome
slugs like to wrap around firecrackers. When the firecracker goes off, you get a nice bang, and a wet spot on the ground -_-
In response to Spuzzum
Bah, ack, and one of my oldie-but-goodies, ach (to correctly pronounce this one, listen to someone from Scotland say the word "loch.")
In response to Spuzzum
Pah! Bah! Hah!
In response to Tom
Tom wrote:
Neat idea! I'll List it. I'm hoping that for this next release we'll actually be able to support multiple stat panels on the screen, but we'll see. Unfortunately, it's moving along at a snail's pace right now, bah.

Have you ever considered outsourcing some of this? There are several programmers in the community who are well-versed in C++ and could probably add some of the lesser items on the List.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Have you ever considered outsourcing some of this? There are several programmers in the community who are well-versed in C++ and could probably add some of the lesser items on the List.

C++ isn't the necessary foundation there, though -- I'm well-versed in C++, but I know approximately nothing about Windows GUI programming. ;-)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
C++ isn't the necessary foundation there, though -- I'm well-versed in C++, but I know approximately nothing about Windows GUI programming. ;-)

The lesser items on the List though also include elements of the language that would be addressable with C++.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:

We already have a couple of users working with the hub code. Outsourcing the BYOND software code is definitely something we want to do in the future. I believe that it would be more trouble than it's worth at this point, since so much of the infrastructure is poorly designed and undocumented.

One thing I think I can do without too much hassle is completely modularize the graphics code and allow someone else (probably you :) to update the /icon routines. I'll try to think of other items on the List that might be easily massaged.
In response to Maz
If you want to speed up Dantom production times, send money!
In response to Triste
Triste wrote:
If you want to speed up Dantom production times, send money!

Actually, just the other day I was thinking of sending the vast majority of my first couple of paycheques to Dantom. My logic: I've lived without a paycheque for 18 years, so it's not like another few weeks is going to kill me. (My resume gets handed in to a couple stockroom positions some time next week.)

They've been more than just generous to me and everyone else around here in the past, so I figure that it's the least I can do. Besides, I don't have anything besides gas that I need to buy. Assuming I can hold a job (and I don't think I'm one who'd have a bad work ethic), by the end of the year I could certainly have earned quite a bit for both me and Dantom. Whatever I don't want, Dantom can have to support the server (and themselves).

The only problem that I can think of is that Dan and Tom don't like accepting charity. And to that, let's just say that I'm game for a battle of wills. ;-)

(Number of times the word "I" appears in this post: 12 (or 13, including this line).)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
The only problem that I can think of is that Dan and Tom don't like accepting charity. And to that, let's just say that I'm game for a battle of wills. ;-)

Yes, they'd much rather you convert your paycheck into BYONDimes and subscribe to everything in sight. The only problem is that since everything on BYOND has subscriptions in mere dimes, there's not enough to subscribe to! I suppose that you could subscribe to a few decades of BYONDscape though.

Or you could be generous and give your money to other people to subscribe to BYONDscape with.

Or you could just tell them too bad and send it anyway.
In response to Triste
They might always send it back -_-
Page: 1 2