ID:2920606
 
Wow, its been a while! I see not much has changed ;D

-Nay
Holy shit, you're the guy who made that Purgatory project. I remember when you first had us testing that. What a fun time that was!

BYOND's website hasn't received a lot of love, but the engine sure has. There have been a large number of powerful additions to the language, and the switch to WebView2 is currently in alpha testing and showing very promising results. In other words: BYOND is carrying on and doing quite well, all things considered.

How have you been?
Yeah, I have been reading some change logs. Some things look really promising.

I've been good, busy, doing things here and there. Programming, making art, doing that life thing...
Akto wrote:
Wow, its been a while! I see not much has changed ;D

-Nay

True.
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Akto wrote:
Wow, its been a while! I see not much has changed ;D

-Nay

True.

Well hello Branks!
Byond stays still in time.
In response to Akto
Akto wrote:
Branks wrote:
Akto wrote:
Wow, its been a while! I see not much has changed ;D

-Nay

True.

Well hello Branks!

Hey. Just lurking, thinking about diving back in.
Greetings, friend! If you do end up diving back in you might find our community created tutorial videos useful: https://www.youtube.com/@GrindKnight/videos to help jumpstart you.

Of course you can also join our community as well with any questions or if you just want to hang out with the COOLEST guys on BYOND: https://discord.gg/2hWTJdGFyw
In response to Grind Knight
Grind Knight wrote:
Greetings, friend! If you do end up diving back in you might find our community created tutorial videos useful: https://www.youtube.com/@GrindKnight/videos to help jumpstart you.

Of course you can also join our community as well with any questions or if you just want to hang out with the COOLEST guys on BYOND: https://discord.gg/2hWTJdGFyw


????

You guys moved to Godot.
We are now and have always been a game development community! Being a part of that doesn't confine any member to a single engine.

Many of our members have transitioned to Godot, yet a significant number continue to work on BYOND projects, with excellent support from our community. We also offer a dedicated project section where developers—including those using BYOND—can establish their own channels.

Moreover, we provide top-notch tutorial videos on YouTube for anyone learning (or revisiting) DM, accessible for free.

My goal has always been to help others better themselves, whether in game development or in their personal lives!
In response to Grind Knight
Grind Knight wrote:
We are now and have always been a game development community! Being a part of that doesn't confine any member to a single engine.

Many of our members have transitioned to Godot, yet a significant number continue to work on BYOND projects, with excellent support from our community. We also offer a dedicated project section where developers—including those using BYOND—can establish their own channels.

Moreover, we provide top-notch tutorial videos on YouTube for anyone learning (or revisiting) DM, accessible for free.

My goal has always been to help others better themselves, whether in game development or in their personal lives!

Pretty cool. I've been using JavaScript with Phaser and having a blast. I'll check your community out.
In response to Branks
Oh that is cool to hear! We have some members working on a networking solution in Godot, maybe you'd enjoy chatting with them too.

Glad to have you!
In response to Branks
Branks wrote:
Hey. Just lurking, thinking about diving back in.

Glad to know I'm not the only oldie that swings by just to lurk still.
In response to Hiead
Hiead wrote:
Branks wrote:
Hey. Just lurking, thinking about diving back in.

Glad to know I'm not the only oldie that swings by just to lurk still.

I totally remember you. Yeah- aside from lurking, I've been busy with crypto the last few years. The bull-run this year will retire many.
In response to AmazingKazuki
AmazingKazuki wrote:
Byond stays still in time.

which is both good and bad.

If you're wondering why the forums are so dead, discussion moved to Discord - which I'm banned from, because I suggeested a feature.
In response to Immibis
Immibis wrote:
AmazingKazuki wrote:
Byond stays still in time.

which is both good and bad.

If you're wondering why the forums are so dead, discussion moved to Discord - which I'm banned from, because I suggeested a feature.

Ban 1: Unwarranted attacks against multiple users; overt hostility.

Ban 2: Hostility; Ban evasion; Lying about being a previously banned user when asked.

Result: Reapplied ban. Recommended user make an appeal to be unbanned instead of just attempting to ban evade. User subsequently attempted to distribute RSC extractor in other discords in retaliation for being banned. Not particularly dangerous, just signs of malice and disrespect for the impact of their actions on uninvolved users.

We do reverse bans, Immibis. We just need to know we're not gonna be doing the same pattern over and over again with a user and we're always game to try again. Unfortunately, when people gloss over the actual reasons they were banned in order to make the bans look silly and unwarranted, it doesn't give us much hope that lessons were learned and behaviors won't repeat.

BYONDiscord tries really hard to make the space safe for its users and ensure that the space is not the nerd fight club this community became over the years. It's different over there, and the lack of activity on the forums is a direct result of the forums being an unsafe and unsupportive place for the userbase; Activity has moved to BYONDiscord specifically because it fosters a positive development environment that cares a whole heck of a lot about human beings.

We're all gonna be here together forever, and we don't have money for a pool boy. Pissing in the pool spites no one but yourself in the long run. Yeah, it's your piss, but it's still piss.
Imagine getting banned

Login to reply.