ID:44879

Keywords: techtree
I don't have an introduction this week. I was tempted to mention LoLgate just to pander to Alistair Wallis and hope that BYOND would be mentioned on GameSetWatch instead of what seems like every other game creation engine and portal. The BYOND Anime tie-in would have been easy enough, but I wanted to bring it closer to BYOND Strategy by mentioning kriegspiels next.

Unfortunately, I realized that what I really wanted was to tie pandering to Alistair Wallis of GameSetWatch to pandering to Jason Rohrer of the Escapist, which has nothing to do with content and more to do with the fact that he he lives roughly 20 minutes away and uses game engines.

• The Ultimatum update campaign has failed. Unknown Person does not have time this summer. Things happen. It's just disappointing because, in my experience, the game is generally considered a high point of BYOND and the outdated help files don't do it justice.

On the bright side, the forum links on the hub page work! Witness my vast power! I'm trying to use it for good. I was writing this to save Unknown Person from being nagged, but... but the forum looks so empty. Maybe you should... nah... oh... oh yeah...
  • I mentioned Xooxer's Civilization-inspired game in an earlier Tech Tree. I found more information later, but it was in a private forum. Now, there's a public thread and I'm a week late. Over in Design Philosophy, Xooxer started a discussion on how to represent culture in a videogame.
  • Adam753 updated Defender with a bugfix, which is a good because I was going to call him out on abusing the update alerts earlier this week. If I didn't have to keep track of games then I would have uninstalled right then and there.
  • Acebloke is currently working on a system in Wargames 2 which will allow players to colonize and invade other planets... Oh, and he's alive.
  • DadGun is looking to form a team. I have no idea what this means for DadGun's previous projects, Era of Conquest and War of Syzran.
  • I was going to argue for the liberation of Tower Defense from BYOND Action just like I did for Castle and Space Castle, but the download brought up 403 errors. BYOND Action might want to just remove it... Naturally, BYOND Strategy could snatch it should the link work again. ;)
  • Does anyone know what genre Chain Reaction is? I stumbled upon it recently and found a working download link. However, there's no help file and I'm not anxious to submit it myself without an active developer.
  • Does the fact that I own both of the games I mentioned here make me both a pimp and a whore?
  • GrimTunnel has been slowly progressing. I wizened up and started working top-down. The shopping phase is done and the room creating phase is almost done. I wrote up a help file too. I think that I'm going to change the combat a bit... Meanwhile, I put Occupied Forces on the inspection list if someone from the rest of the staff wants to have a feature review session. Anyone? Bueller?

Why doesn't Schaffer The Darklord have more subscribers?
My current projects are my independent projects. Nobody else will work on them (except maybe some artist).
I've been jumping around quite a few projects lately, and surprisingly quite a few would fit in BYOND Strategy.

I may be able to submit something.. If I ever do finish any of them. One of them is particularly small so I may be able to get it out sometime..

Great ATTT as always.

PS: Just incase you were wondering- Yes, I am adding complete Helpfiles to all of my Strategy games. ;)