ID:74258

So anyway, I received two donations in two days. A $30.00 USD and a $20.00 USD. The $30.00 USD went through no problem, but apparently, the $20.00 USD was sent from a kid who acted without his mothers permission.

So now I've had to go through an entire song and dance with Paypal. And they sure don't like making the dance easy... So now I'm down $21.00 USD. Repaying the $20.00 USD to the account holder and a $1.00 transaction cancellation fee.

God damn it.
Thanks to Nadrew for covering the $1.00 overdraw. <3
Damn that's sad.
Lil-Diamond wrote:
Damn that's sad.

Not if you're working really hard to earn money to live; every dollar (and cent!) counts...
sry my moms so stupid ill get the card agen and send u 500 dollers this time
Why don't you get a real job like the rest of the world?
Yash 69 wrote:

http://www.byond.com/members/ Tiberath?command=view_post&post=73967
Zaole wrote:
Yash 69 wrote:

http://www.byond.com/members/ Tiberath?command=view_post&post=73967

Well, that's just a nice piece of owned right there.
Yash 69 wrote:

That's not always as easy as it sounds...

For instance, I live in a county in Ohio that currently has the number 3 highest unemployment rate of the entire state, at somewhere around 15% (and the entire state's average rate is higher than the U.S.'s as a whole)

Granted, Tibby lives in Australia, so the local job market conditions there are likely to be different, but my point is that jobs aren't always that easy to come by... Especially for people who need to make an actual living, and not just chump change...lol I mean, there is almost always a job open at McDonald's or Wal*Mart (though even those jobs are drying up), but for anyone that needs to support themselves (or even worse, a family) these jobs simply will not pay enough... Sure, a bad job is better than no job (well, sometimes... unemployment sometimes pays better than a crappy job, so some people are almost forced to remain collecting unemployment payments until they find a good job)

Thankfully, my job has remained above most of the economic turmoil (I work in an electronics manufacturing plant), but we're even seeing major slowdowns (to the point where all of the temp workforce has been laid off, they've announced that no one's getting raises this year, they're sending people home from time-to-time for simple lack of work, and they're now letting people take a week of unpaid time off) but if I were to lose my current job, I'd be one of those people who couldn't afford to take a food service or retail job (my unemployment would pay higher than most available jobs in the area, though still not enough to live on)

But anyways, again, getting (and keeping) a job is often much easier said than done these days (here, anyways)
The person who donated the $20 was pestering me for some sort of administrative position, too.
You see SSGX, Yash lives in make believe world where everyone is happy, and knowing anything about the topic you're replying to is completely pointless. =D

--

I live in a small piss-ant rural city where the only large chains are IGA, Woolworths and Target. There are zero jobs at Target, KFC, IGA can't afford to hire me and I've already applied at Woolworths and received nothing. KFC is also receiving an unruly amount of job applications from kids in school, so even attempting on my part would just be a waste of expensive ink in my printer.

Every computer store in town has rejected me due to lack of official certification, corner shops are packed with graduating year twelve students and anyone who's over fifteen years old.

There is no work here. I also can't apply for any government grants or out-of-work payments (that I'm aware of) and nor do I want to.
Man, that reminds me of this one kid who donated to one of the private servers that I played on for a year or two, and he donated $800USD (which came out to $992AUD) to the owner of the private server, who lived in Australia then a week later, it was charged back because he donated with his parents credit card without permission.

I hate when that happens, seriously, get permission before you decide to donate with your parent's credit cards.
Woolworths is in administration right? or is this a differnt Woolworths?
Cbgames wrote:
Woolworths is in administration right? or is this a differnt Woolworths?

Woolworths here in the States was a retail department store chain (like JC Penney or Sears) I use the past tense because they haven't been around in years here...

Apparently, though, Woolworths overseas is currently a grocery chain...

You are under no obligation to repay them.

Any cancellation fee should come from their account.
It's actually a 'chargeback' fee inacted by the credit card company. It's a pretty common thing, PayPal or not. There's not really anything you or PayPal can do about it.
In other words I could waste away someone's savings by initiating chargeback fees?

It's like some sort of banker DDoS attack!
It leaves you open for legal action, the person could easily sue you for every penny, including the fees. And they'd have more than enough proof to slam-dunk a win.

Multiple chargebacks also cause credit cards to cancel themselves and the police are automatically notified of a stolen credit card.
That sucks, that kid should be b& from everything you own.
Jeff8500 wrote:
That sucks, that kid should be b& from everything you own.

shouldn't you be off triforcing or something
Page: 1 2