ID:85634

Amazing, a 79 million dollar project to find water on the moon when there is a never ending cycle of it here. No wonder our economy is so terrible.
79M to pave the way for lunar colonies seems worth it. And lunar colonies come with lunar jobs! Eh? Eh!? Clearly they're just planning ahead, really far ahead.

Joking aside, 79M seems like a pittance these days.
Heh, water huh?
Seems well worth an investigation.
Maybe they were really looking for oil, but they didn't want the Russians to know, so they said water instead, haha.
I really doubt that Soldierman, I don't think there's fossils there >.>
Obama spends more than 79mil on a carton of cigarettes, that's chumpchange
pretty sure fresh water is not a never ending cycle at the rate it is used. we consume it faster than the natural aquifers can filter it.
You see, if we were to build a lunar colony on the moon without there being any fresh water there, it would need to be imported from earth. The problem with that is that it would costs billions of dollars total to get a reasonable amount of water on the moon (not to mention that it makes our "never ending cycle" come a bit closer to ending).
79 million dollars is beggar's money when it comes to government projects lately. You need to realize that NASA has one of the lowest budgets of any government sector, even the Department of Agriculture. It's quite unbelievable that people would rather put money into gambling with banks than into exploring the cosmos.

And yes, they found water. 25 gallons of it. In a relatively small debris plume. Water is not only for drinking, but for making rocket fuel, cooling engines, etc. This is quite possibly the biggest leap forward in establishing a moon base in ages.

And there's also the fact that such an incredible amount of water on the moon might mean it's much more common in the universe than we thought.. Potentially meaning that there's a much higher chance of alien life out there.
One step closer to whalers on the moon!
Earth first! We can ruin the other planets later.
I say we kill earth before me leave! Dammit! I've been working so hard to enlarge my hole in the ozone (Hole 29121z) finally got a 21m diameter.
Chris Gayle wrote:
I say we kill earth before me leave! Dammit! I've been working so hard to enlarge my hole in the ozone (Hole 29121z) finally got a 21m diameter.

^Above is SO a win.
None of us will ever be rich enough to live on the moon. I also doubt any of us will even be alive when they finally do start putting people on the moon. I say we forget about the moon and worry about our own planet better yet, our own country.

America is suppose to be this great country, but we are so messed up right now you almost need a college degree to work at McDonald's. We are so worried about trying to control other countries and the moon we are killing our country. If we stopped the war and stopped having to spend so much money on military things, and said screw those 25 gallons of water that cost us 79 million dollars we would be set.

If 79 million dollars is such chump change the government should give everyone in America a million dollars, I think a lot of people would be pretty happy. That's what, around 300,000,000 dollars. Times that chump change by 4 and give us that money!

I would love to see the economy then. I don't think we would have to encourage anybody to buy, buy, buy.

[Edit] Also, if we did put colonies on the moon I'm sure we would just go to war with ourselves. The second civil war U.S.A. Earthlings vs U.S.A. Moonanites.
You're not a very knowledgeable person, are you?

Black Heart 720 wrote:
None of us will ever be rich enough to live on the moon. I also doubt any of us will even be alive when they finally do start putting people on the moon. I say we forget about the moon and worry about our own planet better yet, our own country.

You never know, people 50 years ago never would have expected to see computers in their home in their lifetimes.

America is suppose to be this great country, but we are so messed up right now you almost need a college degree to work at McDonald's. We are so worried about trying to control other countries and the moon we are killing our country. If we stopped the war and stopped having to spend so much money on military things, and said screw those 25 gallons of water that cost us 79 million dollars we would be set.

Haha, college degree to work at McDonald's? That's great, you do know the registers have pictures on the keys so low income, uneducated people can even use them, right?

Also, you know what, we shouldn't be attempting to keep Iran and North Korea in check. Just let them run free with their nukes, and we'll see how things go.

By the way, controlling the moon? When did anyone ever try to "control the moon"? That's like saying everyone is fighting over control of Antarctica.

If 79 million dollars is such chump change the government should give everyone in America a million dollars, I think a lot of people would be pretty happy. That's what, around 300,000,000 dollars. Times that chump change by 4 and give us that money!

Apparently you don't know your math. That is 300 million. 300 million * 1 million would actually be 300,000,000,000,000 (300 trillion) which is way more than the government has. As if the deficit isn't big enough!

I would love to see the economy then. I don't think we would have to encourage anybody to buy, buy, buy.

[Edit] Also, if we did put colonies on the moon I'm sure we would just go to war with ourselves. The second civil war U.S.A. Earthlings vs U.S.A. Moonanites.

Possible, but probably not. Keep in mind we don't have slavery anymore, and it takes almost no time to give someone that far away a message now.
Jeff8500:

I'm guessing you aren't either.

How much do you think it's going to cost to hop on a shuttle and go to the moon? I don't think they will be giving out free tickets. Then a house on the moon could cost a million for a one bedroom. A two bedroom cracker box house in the U.S.A. in a prime location can cost half a million. So then the moon would be probably triple that if not more.

Then how many businesses will want to relocate there? Sending materials to the moon would be very costly, so they would have to increase their prices. It could be 3 to 5 dollars for a cheeseburger that cost a dollar on Earth.

Then of course schools, hospitals, police stations, fire stations, roads, oxygen, gravity, ect. Setting all of this up would take ages. Shipping the stuff to the moon that would be needed for this would be extremely costly. It's more then you would think.

Then a college degree to work at McDonalds has nothing to do with how smart you have to be to do the work. That would be like saying anyone who has graduated high school should be allowed to be a teacher. As hard as it is to find jobs now a days, especially where I live there are tons of college graduates going to work at places like McDonalds and jobs normally high school grads, kids still in school or uneducated people in general would work. So, because of that who do you think they are going to take someone with no education or someone with a college degree? It's not being able to perform the job, it's being better qualified than the next person.

Why should we worry about these other countries having nukes? The U.S.A. has nukes what if every other country was like get rid of your nukes or we are invading you? You would feel very different. Who is the United States to tell other countries who can have what, and do what? If anything you would think we would try to stay off the radar of countries who have that kind of stuff, so if they get pissed enough to use it we aren't the ones they are pissed at.

I mean honestly how would you feel if you lived in one of these other countries and suddenly this big powerful country was trying to tell your country you can't have these good weapons only they can. Invading your country because they don't like the way it's being ran?
Black Heart 720 wrote:
Jeff8500:

I'm guessing you aren't either.

How much do you think it's going to cost to hop on a shuttle and go to the moon? I don't think they will be giving out free tickets. Then a house on the moon could cost a million for a one bedroom. A two bedroom cracker box house in the U.S.A. in a prime location can cost half a million. So then the moon would be probably triple that if not more.

First of all, things get cheaper. Second of all, who said I was talking about commercializing the moon? I was referring miners, astronomers, etc., people who would have good reasons to live there. If anyone ever wants to live on the moon their whole life, their parents would have had to had waited until the mother was far into her pregnancy to actually go to the moon, which is dangerous (before you attempt to dismiss that, google it).

Then how many businesses will want to relocate there? Sending materials to the moon would be very costly, so they would have to increase their prices. It could be 3 to 5 dollars for a cheeseburger that cost a dollar on Earth.

Keep in mind the moon doesn't have to be commercialized to be colonized.

Then of course schools, hospitals, police stations, fire stations, roads, oxygen, gravity, ect. Setting all of this up would take ages. Shipping the stuff to the moon that would be needed for this would be extremely costly. It's more then you would think.

First of all, creating gravity would probably never be a service because of the cost of generating real gravity, which will likely never get cheaper due to how weak gravity is compared to the other forces. Second of all, companies obtaining resources, etc. don't need that many services, just some basic stuff.

Then a college degree to work at McDonalds has nothing to do with how smart you have to be to do the work. That would be like saying anyone who has graduated high school should be allowed to be a teacher. As hard as it is to find jobs now a days, especially where I live there are tons of college graduates going to work at places like McDonalds and jobs normally high school grads, kids still in school or uneducated people in general would work. So, because of that who do you think they are going to take someone with no education or someone with a college degree? It's not being able to perform the job, it's being better qualified than the next person.

This isn't always the case. If I were manager of McDonald's, I'd want as little competition as possible, (plus, a college degree doesn't make you anymore qualified for a job that doesn't make use of that degree at all).

Also, you made it sound like it was a real requirement for the job, which was poor wording.

Why should we worry about these other countries having nukes? The U.S.A. has nukes what if every other country was like get rid of your nukes or we are invading you? You would feel very different. Who is the United States to tell other countries who can have what, and do what? If anything you would think we would try to stay off the radar of countries who have that kind of stuff, so if they get pissed enough to use it we aren't the ones they are pissed at.

I mean honestly how would you feel if you lived in one of these other countries and suddenly this big powerful country was trying to tell your country you can't have these good weapons only they can. Invading your country because they don't like the way it's being ran?

If my country was run by a dictator, I definitely would want them out. Besides, there is a difference between letting relatively aggressive counties and relatively peaceful countries, and you have to keep that in mind.

Also, you have to realize that communists have always hated capitalism (duh) and thus might attack us for little or no reason. Plus, there is a major difference between nuclear missiles and nuclear power plants, etc.
It's nice that you jump on here start debating what I am talking about, then turn around and say you weren't talking about it.

Me > "None of us will ever be rich enough to live on the moon. I also doubt any of us will even be alive when they finally do start putting people on the moon."

You > "You never know, people 50 years ago never would have expected to see computers in their home in their lifetimes."

Your next post > "Second of all, who said I was talking about commercializing the moon? I was referring miners, astronomers, etc., people who would have good reasons to live there. If anyone ever wants to live on the moon their whole life, their parents would have had to had waited until the mother was far into her pregnancy to actually go to the moon, which is dangerous (before you attempt to dismiss that, google it)."

Well, considering you were debating what I said, you should have been talking about the same thing I was talking about. Who said I said anything about people living on the moon their whole lives? It seems you are just changing things around, and saying things as you go.

you > "...there is a difference between letting relatively aggressive counties and relatively peaceful countries, and you have to keep that in mind."

Are you saying the U.S.A. is a relatively peaceful country? How many wars have we been involved in? How many countries have we invaded? We went from finding Bin Laden to trying to control the whole middle east. By the way what happened to finding Bin Laden? I think a relatively peaceful country would be Canada, or Australia.

The United States is far from peaceful, anyone goes to war we have to be involved. This country is war hungry. I don't feel safe knowing we have nukes.

The way the United States brain washes their citizens is sick. I see this country turning into Nazi Germany, trying to invade the rest of the world sooner than not.

Wake up people why do you think the rest of the world doesn't like us? It's not just the middle east it's everywhere.
Black Heart 720 wrote:
It's nice that you jump on here start debating what I am talking about, then turn around and say you weren't talking about it.

Me > "None of us will ever be rich enough to live on the moon. I also doubt any of us will even be alive when they finally do start putting people on the moon."

You > "You never know, people 50 years ago never would have expected to see computers in their home in their lifetimes."

Your next post > "Second of all, who said I was talking about commercializing the moon? I was referring miners, astronomers, etc., people who would have good reasons to live there. If anyone ever wants to live on the moon their whole life, their parents would have had to had waited until the mother was far into her pregnancy to actually go to the moon, which is dangerous (before you attempt to dismiss that, google it)."

Well, considering you were debating what I said, you should have been talking about the same thing I was talking about. Who said I said anything about people living on the moon their whole lives? It seems you are just changing things around, and saying things as you go.

You said that no one will be rich enough to live on the moon. I said that the moon will probably develop of sort of work environment while maintaining non-commercialized, so therefore workers could live on the moon.

Also, I was referring as to why commercialization will likely never happen to the moon. Fetuses cannot develop in low gravity, so therefore it's unlikely that you will ever have an entire family on the moon. Without entire families, you will likely end up with less people on the moon, with all those people being workers living in a "colony" of sorts.

you > "...there is a difference between letting relatively aggressive counties and relatively peaceful countries, and you have to keep that in mind."

Are you saying the U.S.A. is a relatively peaceful country? How many wars have we been involved in? How many countries have we invaded? We went from finding Bin Laden to trying to control the whole middle east. By the way what happened to finding Bin Laden? I think a relatively peaceful country would be Canada, or Australia.

Our peace is more of a "getting rid of dictators and militants" peace. Put simply, if the US didn't intervene in certain cases (think WWII) many people could have died. Vietnam and Iraq were a sort of fail on our part (well the Iraq fail thing is debatable, I think we should have pulled out after Iraq finalized its new government, but we did remove a dictator), but for the most part, we have a decent record.

Also, I have no clue what happened to finding Osama. I think Bush's short attention span pointed him in another direction after 2 years of searching.

Lastly, Canada has been a part of the US's last 3 major wars, the Afghanistan War, the Iraq War, and the Gulf War.

The United States is far from peaceful, anyone goes to war we have to be involved. This country is war hungry. I don't feel safe knowing we have nukes.

That's because we end wars for the most part. While sometimes it is rather silly, other times, it's perfectly justified; in fact, I don't get why we aren't in some areas. Also, even though nukes have a tendency to cause power struggles of sorts, our arsenal has decreased quite a bit since the Cold War. Hopefully it will drop to nearly negligible numbers as soon as certain countries stop acting so aggressively.

The way the United States brain washes their citizens is sick. I see this country turning into Nazi Germany, trying to invade the rest of the world sooner than not.

Expound upon this, please. You're making relatively outrageous statements without evidence.

Wake up people why do you think the rest of the world doesn't like us? It's not just the middle east it's everywhere.

Probably because no one likes Bush.
"The way the United States brain washes their citizens is sick. I see this country turning into Nazi Germany, trying to invade the rest of the world sooner than not.

Expound upon this, please. You're making relatively outrageous statements without evidence."

Like I said what happened to finding Osama? Why were all brought away from that situation by going to war with another country. Most people forgot all about Osama when we suddenly started going after Hussein. In a matter of fact most people became so confused they thought Hussein was responsible for 9/11. Some people even think Hussein and Osama are the same person.

Then look at the war on terrorism. The government tries to make it look like every middle-easterner is a terrorist. They even showed it on the news when they started dropping bombs on the entire city of Baghdad. This was done like a said earlier to get peoples minds off Osama and make them think this was some sort of pay back for 9/11. The reality what we did was far worse than 9/11. We bombed a whole city full of innocent people, women, and children. Then to further it we put it on the news for all to enjoy.

Further more these other countries and groups don't like us because of our leader or the way we run the country. This is why 9/11 supposedly happened? But then we invade other countries because we don't like their leaders or the way they run their country. To me there is no difference. We have no more right to tell them their government is wrong, then they to tell us ours is wrong. But we are made to believe that only our way is right, so people don't usually think twice about it.

We are stereotyping middle-easterners as terrorist just as Hitler put out stereotypes about Jews. We are invading other countries. Then not only taking out their leader, but forcing our government beliefs on them, picking our own leaders for them, then staying in the country to make sure they only follow our beliefs of what is the right way to rule the country. Sure they got to "vote" but they got to vote on our choices for them, and I wouldn't even be surprised if that was rigged too.

This doesn't sound like we are turning into a power hungry, controlling, super power to you? We are no different from terrorist. That is what we are doing to other countries terrorizing them. Not to mention all the government conspiracies, scandals, and things we aren't told about behind the scenes. Why so many cover ups?

Most of the people in these dictator ran countries don't like us. So what makes you think they want us to come in a change our government? It seems like most of them are fine with it. I think we are made to believe that the governments in this country are far worse than they really are. Maybe they do kill their own people. Why do you think this is though? They don't do it randomly, it's because these people oppose them or commit crimes. And in that type of government if one of these people that oppose them tried to get a group of people to over throw them, they themselves would gain control. So it is pretty much justified, kill or be killed.

I don't like this country to tell the truth, most would say then get out. All I have to say to that is okay, give me the money to. If I had the money to move to another country and make a living there I would do it in a heartbeat.
Page: 1 2