ID:95767

Keywords: bag, douche
I could probably find that lawyer, although I don't have a game that's actually ripped..I'll just use an example.

Axerob's Way Of the Shinobi Source

This wasn't "given stupidly", it was (as a lot of sources actually are) stolen due to misrepresentation a.k.a fraud. One person pretended to be another and was traded the source, now, as stupid as this may sound, it has also happened to numerous anime sources, one of which being Naruto GOA I hear. Intellectual Property Theft could actually be made into a successful case when you throw the idea of fraud, as well as people charging money for things that you made yourself in the first place.

But I know you won't write me a check, you can't even reply....
Seriously. Impersonating somebody to steal their intellectual property is fraud. It doesnt matter if silkwizard doesnt think its important because its "crappy". Anybody who has their IP stolen deserves to feel confident that they have the legal right to have it protected.

For him to disseminate more support for this misinformation is beyond retarded. Also, I wonder if Nestalgia doesnt have any right to copyright considering NES is a trademark owned by nintendo, and the game is clearly playing on nostalgia of IP owned by nintendo (ie dragonwarrior).
Typical Silk, he's made a fool out of himself proving how hypocritical he is.
PerfectGoku wrote:

By stating that you've actually made yourself look like an idiot. Silk never mentioned his game, or any of his games in the context that he could sue anyone for fraud in the case that the source was stolen. Masterdan's game plays directly off the anime, whereas Silk's game NEStalgia, while taking a lot of aspects of Dragon Warrior, isn't directly a fangame of it. If we were talking about DWO and he had claimed it then yes, he would be a hypocrite, but he didn't. Masterdan persueing any action against the whole thing would be completely pointless because if he did manage to build a case out of it, it would raise other flags and he'd have to deal with whoever created Naruto breathing down his neck making sure he doesn't earn a penny on it(from the game, not the lawsuit). It kind of makes me think about the whole Chrono Trigger remake situation with the development group making it in 3D. They weren't making any money but they were shut down anyways, because they could have potentially made money off it.

Either way, in the end(assuming the other guy isn't a drooling bumbling idiot), Masterdan would lose because the guy should have made sure to check the email address of the person he was sending it to. There's too many simple questions that could throw off the whole case. Why didn't he check the email, why would Masterdan need the source to his own game, and assuming that Masterdan and the 'manager' were in communication before, how did he not notice that the person he was sending it to wasn't on his messenger list?
Mikau wrote:
PerfectGoku wrote:

By stating that you've actually made yourself look like an idiot. Silk never mentioned his game, or any of his games in the context that he could sue anyone for fraud in the case that the source was stolen. Masterdan's game plays directly off the anime, whereas Silk's game NEStalgia, while taking a lot of aspects of Dragon Warrior, isn't directly a fangame of it. If we were talking about DWO and he had claimed it then yes, he would be a hypocrite, but he didn't. Masterdan persueing any action against the whole thing would be completely pointless because if he did manage to build a case out of it, it would raise other flags and he'd have to deal with whoever created Naruto breathing down his neck making sure he doesn't earn a penny on it(from the game, not the lawsuit). It kind of makes me think about the whole Chrono Trigger remake situation with the development group making it in 3D. They weren't making any money but they were shut down anyways, because they could have potentially made money off it.

Either way, in the end(assuming the other guy isn't a drooling bumbling idiot), Masterdan would lose because the guy should have made sure to check the email address of the person he was sending it to. There's too many simple questions that could throw off the whole case. Why didn't he check the email, why would Masterdan need the source to his own game, and assuming that Masterdan and the 'manager' were in communication before, how did he not notice that the person he was sending it to wasn't on his messenger list?
---
You've completely and I mean completely misread my context as a whole.
My comment was merely directed at Silk's complaining about something like this as well as bashing anime games for the reasons he actually used in a basis from previous posts.
Hence why I used the word "typical" since this isn't the first time he's done so. If you want to bring NEStalgia into this, that's fine. Even though it's a lot more than just some aspects that were taken from Dragon Warrior, friend.
PerfectGoku wrote:
My comment was merely directed at Silk's complaining about something like this as well as bashing anime games for the reasons he actually used in a basis from previous posts.
Hence why I used the word "typical" since this isn't the first time he's done so. If you want to bring NEStalgia into this, that's fine. Even though it's a lot more than just some aspects that were taken from Dragon Warrior, friend.

I generally don't look back at something at's happened in the past when evaluating a current situation, it's bad in practice because then you open an entire world of possibilities for what anyone could mean when they say just about anything. I could only assume that seeing how Masterdan replied bringing NEStalgia into the conversation, and then your comment afterwards is to say he's a hypocrite, means that the two are related.
Mikau wrote:
PerfectGoku wrote:

I generally don't look back at something at's happened in the past when evaluating a current situation, it's bad in practice because then you open an entire world of possibilities for what anyone could mean when they say just about anything. I could only assume that seeing how Masterdan replied bringing NEStalgia into the conversation, and then your comment afterwards is to say he's a hypocrite, means that the two are related.
---
I could see how that can be mistaken, though usually if I were to involve something like that, I'd probably quote
it. :P

If you're tricked by a phishing scam, it is "given stupidly." That's practically the definition of a phishing scam. Secondly, it will never be made in a successful case because these games violate intellectual property law as it is. Finally, acting like an idiot and demanding a check without comprehending what Silk said is laughable. Read the first sentence of his post again:

"If anyone on BYOND finds a lawyer who will actually take on a case of "intellectual property theft" for the "stolen" source code of a crappy BYOND Anime game, I will pay your lawyer fees in full so that you can pursue legal action. No seriously, I'll write you a blank check."

Did you find a lawyer to take a case? No? I didn't think so. You looked really edgy calling him out like that, though! Congrats!
1. silk offers to write a blank check to anyone who can get a lawyer

2. see his post and write your own post saying "i bet i totally could get a lawyer if i wanted to" without actually getting a lawyer

3. don't even let silk respond because you banned him from posting comments

4. ???

5. spontaneously die in a stupidity-induced fire
I laugh every time I hear of an anime source being stolen.

Then I cry inside 'cause I know it's going to give birth to a thousand children.

Then I laugh when the creator gets all pissy at the situation, even though it could have easily been avoided by even the slightest bit of common sense.
I wasn't demanding a check, I was merely stating the obvious, lawyers will take on any case as long as they're getting paid. It's not "can you get a lawyer" it's "will your lawyer win". Common lawyers take on stupid cases all the time, Knowing there's a good chance they'll lose..just to get payed.

The reason I said he's banned from this is because he's pretty much banned everyone from commenting on his blog, which is why I even made this post in thefirst place.

Also, shutup zaole.